Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oh dear, I think I'm blacklisted in Guild Wars now!
Oh dear, I think I'm blacklisted in Guild Wars now!
2006-06-01, 7:01 PM #1
I just got out of a game of doing a run in the "ruins of the tomb of primeval kings". I was the only monk in my group (using a team build called "barrage/pet") so there was a lot of pressure on me to heal seven people.

Anyway, after spending like 2 hours in there, I'm doing a decent job at healing people but a lot of the rangers kept dying because of spike damage. The "orders" necromancer that was supposed to support me got booted so I was having energy issues. A group of monsters that we were fighting starting to shutdown my skills (disable them so I couldn't heal) so people starting dying like mad and the group were getting frustrated with me. Really rare item (unique item with a green color) drops for me but because of all the fighting, the item becomes "up for grabs", allowing anyone to take it. Because I was getting frustrated with the complaints of poor healing (which wasn't my fault due to the mesmer monsters), I said, "Screw it" and grabbed the item (which was for me anyway) and logged out.

After logging out, I log back into my warrior. I immediately get a message from one of the rangers telling me "You ****ing greedy *******! I hope someone shoots you!" (But in AOL talk, mind you). Since I knew what I did was screwed up, I didn't bother replying. I just muted the person.

Anyway, because what I did could be called "Ninja looting" by WoW terms (even though it dropped for me), and the fact that I bailed on the group as the only healer, it looks like I just blacklisted myself and if my rep spreads, I might not be able to join any groups :o

Anyway, you guys think what I did was so wrong that I deserve people blacklisting me or is it just a stupid game and no one should care?
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-06-01, 7:05 PM #2
It's a game. People take stuff like that way too seriously, but I can see why they were annoyed.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-01, 7:14 PM #3
I'd bet money everyone else in the group would have done the same thing.
2006-06-01, 7:20 PM #4
GW ftl.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-06-01, 7:23 PM #5
They shouldn't have been complaining. You had many rights to take it.
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-06-01, 7:26 PM #6
wasn't anything you could have done. you were saving your own ***.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-06-01, 7:38 PM #7
YOU *******
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-06-01, 7:42 PM #8
YOU STOLE MY ****ING CLOUDSONG
Moo.
2006-06-01, 7:54 PM #9
The item that I took is called the "Victor's Blade". It's apparently the best sword in the game because of it's rarity, not because of stats. It's the first green item that I ever had dropped for me. I didn't want to risk someone taking it because we were taking too damn long to kill the mobs so I just grabbed it and logged out.

Come to think of it now, it's a shame I didn't have fraps running. Would had been interesting to have a video of me grabbing it and logging out. :p
2006-06-01, 7:56 PM #10
I play GW, and will occasionally get frustrated with the people I PvP with in random arenas. I usually find that if I refuse to do anything (including healing) until someone starts calling targets and they actually go for those targets, they'll start calling targets.

Or we all die, lose, and it's "all [my] fault".

And the guys you were with are far, far too obsessed. I find it annoying when people drop out like that, but...yeah. They're really going out of their way on that one.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-01, 7:57 PM #11
Maybe you and SavageX could just have friendly fights together.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-01, 8:00 PM #12
Yea, playing the monk in PvP can be stressful because monks are ALWAYS the first to be targeted. Thankfully, I gotten pretty good at "tanking" as a monk. Spamming Protective spirit, reversal of fortune, healing touch, orison of healing, and/or healing breeze repeatedly makes one hard target to kill :) If only the healer classes in WoW were that god like, lol.
2006-06-01, 8:20 PM #13
Pallies are a ***** to kill. As are priests.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-06-01, 9:04 PM #14
I wouldn't worry about it. Aside from the one guy, I dobt anybody will remember your screenname. I've gone into Tombs with some good groups and some bad groups. I don't remember the people in any of them.

However, if you're a 55 Monk and use people to help pay for entrance to the Underworld, then you're a scumbag who deserves death. One of the reasons I never go to UW through ToA with anything other than a ranger trap group. Then again, when I get my 55 monk through the game and ready to go to UW, then I'll be collecting all the ectos. :p
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-06-02, 9:44 AM #15
Thankfully it was the "ruins of the tomb of primeval kings" so the entrance of free of charge. I also wasn't using a "55 monk" because my character is pretty poor at the moment (plus I was using "infuse health" for spike healing, which doesn't work well with only 55 health).

Some day I would like to make a 55 monk so I could farm up some money fot the 15k armor but for now I'm just using my warrior to farm the trolls outside of Droknar's Forge. With the right build, I make about 600 gold to 1 platnium a run.
2006-06-02, 11:55 AM #16
While 600g-1K isn't bad, there are better ways to get money. The first being Tombs and the Green and Gold weapons you get there. If you find a good group, you can be through it in under 45 minutes. The other two are UW collecting ectos and FoW chest runs. You can make anywhere from 5K-16K on a single run lasting about an hour to an hour and a half. But always remember to bring keys with you whenever going into one of those dungeons. Though you'll be gambling a little, chances are that you'll make at least a few K off of the gold items you get. Another great place to go is Sorrow's Furnace. There's some good farming to be had there in 5 person groups.

As a warrior chest runs through FoW are your best bet for making money. Unfortunately, at least the last time I played, Europe had a monoply on favor, so you had to go in between 11pm and 2 am CST to even get in. I don't know if that has changed in the past few months.

The last thing is finding some good farm spots. I don't know about warriors, since mine is still lvl 13 because I hardly play him, but I know the Desert is pretty popular with all classes. To find some of the other places with high yeilds, I recommend visiting the GWOnline forums. They're the best I've seen as far as recommendations for builds and farming areas go.

[Edit]Almost forgot, running is one of the best ways for Warriors to make money. A run to Drok's from Beacon's can net you about 10k depending on how many people you take along with you and what you charge.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-06-02, 1:41 PM #17
As a Mo/Me I too find myself the target of attack by angry Warriors in PvP too... luckily there is imagined burden. Empathy... Banishing Signet... but even then, if the rest of the party doesn't bother with the angry warrior and I just used my imagined burden on someone else I am on the receiving end of a brutal trashing. If my team can stop them from getting to me usually things go swimmingly.

PvE though.. eh, I don't join random parties usually. XD I fear "n00bs" (not newbies, I love helping well versed open minded newbies).
Seishun da!
2006-06-02, 4:20 PM #18
I think you exaggerate the seriousness of your story. I mean yea maybe you shouldnt have just dropped out, but the "ninja loot" was more than fair.

It also depends if everyone had the 60% death penalty on them already. If they did, then its kind of poinless to try to keep moving, as it will take several hours to fight through the big monsters.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-06-02, 4:36 PM #19
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
I think you exaggerate the seriousness of your story. I mean yea maybe you shouldnt have just dropped out, but the "ninja loot" was more than fair.

It also depends if everyone had the 60% death penalty on them already. If they did, then its kind of poinless to try to keep moving, as it will take several hours to fight through the big monsters.

Perhaps I did exaggerated but the comment from that ranger made it seem seriously to me though. But like Ric_Olie said, they (other than that ranger) probably won't remember or don't really care.
2006-06-02, 6:29 PM #20
MMOs have way too much to them. You have to literally learn a whole new name for things you already know, and you're a "stoop noob" if you don't take the time to memorize everything, and know the prices of everything. THAT bugs me. People don't play those games for fun.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-02, 8:26 PM #21
You had every right to take it. The problem is you also logged out straight away.
If you didn't do that, you wouldn't have been blacklisted. Nothing says I AM A NINJA like taking an item and logging immediately.
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!