Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Water cooling anyone?
Water cooling anyone?
2006-06-01, 10:16 PM #1
I've been thinking about getting water cooling for my new system but want to know what you guys think about it in general. Specifically, I'd like to know which components you found to be good (ex. danger den > swiftech, etc) and where they are sold.

We can also discuss CPU cooling in general here too. Anyway...

Some sties I've found that are interesting: xoxide.com, frozencpu.com, and crazypc.com
2006-06-01, 10:25 PM #2
I'm thinking of a word. It begins with "W" and ends with "RONG FORUM."

-you can't go wrong with Liquid Nitrogen.
2006-06-02, 3:37 PM #3
[url]www.hardocp.com[/url]

For such uselessly overpriced and overly dangerous cooling solutions, hardocp is your place. I'd suggest the forums.
D E A T H
2006-06-02, 3:59 PM #4
Bah! Just go phase change while you're at it.

And what the heck is this!? --> :psyduck:
2006-06-02, 4:32 PM #5
psyduck, a pokemon.

only reason i know this is because someone told grismath to stop spamming psyduck in another thread
2006-06-02, 4:40 PM #6
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi][url]www.hardocp.com[/url]

For such uselessly overpriced and overly dangerous cooling solutions, hardocp is your place. I'd suggest the forums.[/QUOTE]

thanks...

thats what i thought about water cooling at first, but it looks like i may need it for overclocking the pentium d 805. apparently it can overclock up to 4.1 ghz, which will make it perform or even outperform the best amd/intel processors out there currently on many benchmark tests.

so overpriced, yes. but if i can overclock a $100 processor up to the performance of a $1000 processor by spending $200 on a cooling solution, then i'd say it's hardly overpriced.

as for the danger, you can get around it by using clamps and/or quick-connectors that seal if disconnected.
2006-06-02, 5:08 PM #7
Originally posted by ragna:
thanks...

thats what i thought about water cooling at first, but it looks like i may need it for overclocking the pentium d 805. apparently it can overclock up to 4.1 ghz, which will make it perform or even outperform the best amd/intel processors out there currently on many benchmark tests.

so overpriced, yes. but if i can overclock a $100 processor up to the performance of a $1000 processor by spending $200 on a cooling solution, then i'd say it's hardly overpriced.

as for the danger, you can get around it by using clamps and/or quick-connectors that seal if disconnected.

1) It's overpriced. Get a 230 dollar 3700+ for about the same price, see better performance in games, better overclockability (it's the same core that they use in the FX processors), a lower heat threshold, and less danger of something going wrong in your computer and everything getting frelled up. The only thing you won't have is the dual core advantage, but that's not really that big of a deal for most people, especially if you're overclocking. The thing is, you don't seem like the kind of person that should be doing this--you're not an enthusiast who is in the market constantly looking for the best deals, and you've probably only checked a few benchmarks and god only knows if they're biased.

2) Intels suck for gaming compared to AMDs, always. Not to mention the motherboards are about 1/2 the price, the RAM is cheaper (and still performs the same as DDR2 as of right now), and the chipsets (nForce4/VIA) are, on average, much better.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!