Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
2006-06-03, 1:58 AM #1
Just saw this game for cheap on play.com and was thinking about getting it.

Just one quick question for anyone who has played it, since a massassi opinion would be nice.

Is it much playable with a keyboard+mouse setup? I hear bad things about it.
2006-06-03, 2:15 AM #2
Give the demo a shot and see how it feels.
2006-06-03, 2:16 AM #3
*kicks head*

durr, i have a tendancy to forget demos exist.
2006-06-03, 2:17 AM #4
Great game, you should get it. Even greater if you're playing it with a gamepad, I'd imagine.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-06-03, 2:26 AM #5
well if its better with a gamepad then its no biggie, this site is selling the PC and PS2 versions for the same price, they have good offers for PS2 games at the moment, just picked up Resi 4 Limited Edition for 18 quid.
2006-06-03, 2:55 AM #6
I managed to play through it with a keyboard and mouse without much effort. The game started out great, but I think it was sort of anti-climatic. Especially with all the Matrix flying / kung-fu silliness. But then, I only played through it once, so maybe I just didn't make the best choices.
幻術
2006-06-03, 10:05 AM #7
Very interesting, fun, awesome game. I think it's playable on PC, but I could be wrong I guess.
D E A T H
2006-06-03, 10:12 AM #8
Quality game. I had to remap some keys to get it to feel right, but it was definitely worth playing. Koobie's right about them going overboard with the stunts toward the end, but it's not a huge complaint. I was so involved in the story that I didn't really notice that too much.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-06-03, 10:38 AM #9
It's hard as crap to do the mini-games with the keyboard.

I recomend a good dual-shock wannabe PC game controller.
2006-06-03, 10:40 AM #10
Originally posted by Rob:
It's hard as crap to do the mini-games with the keyboard.

I recommend a good dual-shock wannabe PC game controller.

Or a dual shock controller with a good converter.
D E A T H
2006-06-03, 10:42 AM #11
Aren't those still like $20-30?

I haven't really been looking at things like that so often. I've had so many controller convertors fail or not work as well as they should. :(

I got a dual-shock wannabe controller from Logitech for $15.

Spe is all about the cheapest solution.
2006-06-03, 10:45 AM #12
Aren't those still like $20-30?

I haven't really been looking at things like that so often. I've had so many controller convertors fail or not work as well as they should. :(

I got a dual-shock wannabe controller from Logitech for $15.

Spe is all about the cheapest solution.

Eh, probably 20-30 bucks USD in britland. Mine was 10 bucks at radio shack and it works fine, except there's no rumble and the right analog stick conversion is wonky at best. Don't ask me. Otherwise it works absolutely fine for my purposes.
D E A T H
2006-06-03, 10:54 AM #13
I had one for gamecube, because I was hoping to use it's shoulder buttons as flap controls for Pacific Fighters. But it was so wonky. :(

I had one for PS2 that stopped working after a week.

I had one that mega-does-all that still works but for some things has crappy support and for whatever reason won't work with all of my games.
2006-06-03, 10:56 AM #14
The only problem I have anymore is that my Saitek Keyboard's music control interferes with my gamepad working with everything BUT NFS:MW so I have to go into the Hardware Device Manager and turn off the music controls before I do anything.
D E A T H
2006-06-03, 11:04 AM #15
Lame.

I have a microsoft keyboard, and it's button for volume works directly on the little volume slider.

It also has a sliding key on it, that zooms in and out, that I can actually map in some games to serve a function.
2006-06-03, 11:11 AM #16
Lame.

I have a microsoft keyboard, and it's button for volume works directly on the little volume slider.

It also has a sliding key on it, that zooms in and out, that I can actually map in some games to serve a function.

That's how my volume buttons work.
D E A T H
2006-06-03, 11:17 AM #17
Hmm, wonder why yours goofs with stuff.
2006-06-03, 11:21 AM #18
Hmm, wonder why yours goofs with stuff.

Saitek registers it as a gaming device, and Windows sucks at handling those (ie only one allowed at a time).
D E A T H
2006-06-03, 11:23 AM #19
Really?

I've had upto 4 joypads plugged in before. (For oldskool madden WHICH I OWN, just inconvenient to hook Super Nintendo up.)
2006-06-03, 11:33 AM #20
Must just be only one type of gamepad allowed then.
D E A T H
2006-06-03, 12:05 PM #21
well, since this turned into a discussion about gamepads, i'll buy it for the PS2. :)
2006-06-05, 2:21 AM #22
Or buy a convertor at the same time.

(Yeah, I know it's currently out of stock :()
2006-06-05, 2:30 AM #23
That thing was "temporarily out of stock" earlier this year when I was trying to buy one. I ended up cancelling the order after waiting about a month with no change and buying it from another site.
2006-06-05, 2:39 AM #24
I had one that mega-does-all that still works but for some things has crappy support and for whatever reason won't work with all of my games.

Get joytokey. It allows you to assign all of your controller functions to keyboard presses. Which allows you to use your controller for anything, wether it recognises your controller or not.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-06-05, 3:25 AM #25
I've played it on PC, and it was cool. Only lost one minigame. But I guess it doesn't benefit from the PC at all, so if you have a console, that should be the better choice.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2006-06-05, 4:01 AM #26
Worth nothing, Xbox controllers work on the PC, just plug 'em in.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-06-05, 5:05 AM #27
Originally posted by zagibu:
I've played it on PC, and it was cool. Only lost one minigame. But I guess it doesn't benefit from the PC at all, so if you have a console, that should be the better choice.

you're not supposed to win EVERY minigame. in fact at one point, winning every one either drove me insane, or got me arrested.

but yeah, i loved the game. would probably play through again, once i've got the story out of my head.

i tried to play it through like a normal adventure game, where you ask every question, but you cant do that.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-05, 6:56 AM #28
well i ordered it for the ps2, only ten quid, can't complain about those prices.

should arrive in a few days, i tried the demo, seemed like a fun game, but the controls generally seem better suited to a controller.
2006-06-05, 8:34 AM #29
Played Indigo Prophecy for a while for PC. It's just too different, never bothered to finish the game.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)

↑ Up to the top!