Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Astral Projection and OOBE's
Astral Projection and OOBE's
2006-06-03, 2:59 PM #1
I have taken an interest in the subject lately, and bought a couple books on the subject a while back. Has anyone ever had any experiences with astral projection or oobe's?

I actually had my first successful oobe last night while I was sleeping. I was in the middle of a very vivid dream, and once realizing this proceeded to make a conscious connection without completely waking up. After doing this I felt the strangest feeling inside my body, as if I were being stretched, then I felt myself slowly rise and hit the ceiling in my room. After this I thought, what if I fall? Immediately after that thought I fell back to my bed, and woke up. I went back to sleep and it happend a short while later in the same manner, but this time I was able to look down on myself while still asleep, but after a short while I again fell back to my bed.

I know this may seem far-fetched to some, but it is an interesting subject nonetheless. I am sure some of you have woken up with the feeling that you just fell back down and hit your bed. It is much the same thing, only being aware of what is happening and actually inducing it.
2006-06-03, 3:08 PM #2
hummm, i know a good number you can call for some serious help...well not really but i can help you find one
Matt
2006-06-03, 3:32 PM #3
oobe = out of body experience? explain?
一个大西瓜
2006-06-03, 3:37 PM #4
[url]www.dreamviews.com[/url]

Talk to those people. Interesting nonetheless.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-03, 3:38 PM #5
Originally posted by Pommy:
oobe = out of body experience? explain?

Yes, basically seperating your astral self (soul) from your physical body.
2006-06-03, 3:39 PM #6
Dreams can get really weird sometimes. But an "out of body experience"?

How does one prove the existence of a "soul"?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-03, 4:11 PM #7
The only OOBE I've had was the other night when I was tripping. I had a LOT of weird experiences that night though.
D E A T H
2006-06-03, 4:35 PM #8
Dreams are just quimical reactions in your head/brain... I've had those type of dreams too... can be shocking eh? The dreams that really scare me are the ones where I am air born for the U.S. army and my parachute does not open, and so I die. Kinda weird that I still intend on joining the Army.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-06-03, 6:27 PM #9
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Dreams are just quimical reactions in your head/brain... I've had those type of dreams too... can be shocking eh? The dreams that really scare me are the ones where I am air born for the U.S. army and my parachute does not open, and so I die. Kinda weird that I still intend on joining the Army.

Even weirder is that it's the US army. Plan on crossing the border anytime soon? :P

Oh and...

:psyduck:
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-06-03, 7:48 PM #10
ME=AMERICAN
I+ALSO=MEXICAN

I have BOTH nationalities... I can choose which army I want to serve... obviously I've choosen which I would serve if I were ever to enroll in one.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-06-03, 8:20 PM #11
Don't you have to live in the USA to be in the US Army?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-03, 8:24 PM #12
Hey, come find me, and describe me and my room, and we shall see if you are actually having OOBE.

Not that it's that simple, but anyway...
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-06-03, 8:45 PM #13
Like you say you were having a vivid dream... If you weren't in your body you wouldn't really have eyes would you?
2006-06-03, 8:51 PM #14
I've heard of doctors leaving messages on top of light fixtures in operating rooms, and patients telling them afterwards what it says, or there's even one about a doctor/nurse that was only in the operating room while the patient was unconscious, and the patient later identified them during recovery, since that doctor/nurse had sneezed in the OR.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-06-03, 8:59 PM #15
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
I've heard of doctors leaving messages on top of light fixtures in operating rooms, and patients telling them afterwards what it says, or there's even one about a doctor/nurse that was only in the operating room while the patient was unconscious, and the patient later identified them during recovery, since that doctor/nurse had sneezed in the OR.

I've heard about the latter as well.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-03, 9:26 PM #16
lollercopter.
2006-06-03, 11:19 PM #17
I think "OOBE" and "Astral Projection" are far-fetched terms used to dramatize what happens when your brain has a certain mixture of chemicals that makes you think or dream weird things. I'm not saying I don't believe in souls and spirits and the supernatural, but all those things are of metaphysical nature, and we humans are merely physical beings.

I have, however, awoken in the darkness of night with a sudden feeling that I fell, from at least 3 feet in the air, back onto my bed. I'm led somewhat to believe this is just a big muscle twitch through my body (it happens only when I sleep on my back), but it is really strange.
2006-06-03, 11:28 PM #18
That happens quite often to me. Usually happens when I'm just starting to fall asleep and wake up rather suddenly.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-04, 3:10 PM #19
Quote:
I have, however, awoken in the darkness of night with a sudden feeling that I fell, from at least 3 feet in the air, back onto my bed. I'm led somewhat to believe this is just a big muscle twitch through my body (it happens only when I sleep on my back), but it is really strange.

I kinda feel like that sometimes...but it never really went beyond:

!...meh...zzzzz
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.

↑ Up to the top!