Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Slipstreaming service packs onto installation CDs is so nice...
Slipstreaming service packs onto installation CDs is so nice...
2004-06-22, 5:04 PM #1
Hopefully I'll never have to manually install Win2k SP4 again, heh.

Can't believe I never got around to doing that sooner though...
2004-06-22, 5:06 PM #2
Yeah, its sweet, no doubt about that. No need to muck around Windows upcrate for the service packs...

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-06-22, 5:08 PM #3
Well, actually I know exactly why I never got around to it before. Doing it obviously requires the full SP4 installation file, which is somewhere around 130 MBs, and I never wanted to download that over dialup. Didn't have to now though, just ripped it off the little MS update CD.
2004-06-22, 5:26 PM #4
Nice of them to make things like that managable isn't it?

I got SP4 from my dad who grabbed it at work which has a DSL line. Every other major download I've needed I got at school which had a nice T1 line. The only downfall was that line was divided up amongst every computer in the school. It was still pretty damned fast though...

When I got that Update CD, there were only two things on there for me and 2k. SP4, and a security patch. I had SP4, and the patch? I couldn't find any info telling me what it was, what it fixed, and how it'd fix it. Thus I said, "No way." and didn't install it. I happen to like to know what I'm installing.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!