Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → NBA Finals
NBA Finals
2006-06-04, 8:13 PM #1
The NBA Finals are coming up. The Dallas Mavericks will start it off at home against the Miami Heat on Thursday. Both teams defeated their opponents last round 4 games to 2.

To all of you who have been watching, who do you think will take the series? The Heat or the Mavs?

As someone very new to the sport and to the league, I really don't have a very valid opinion on the matter. I'm also pretty depressed that Steve Nash's Suns exited the playoffs on Saturday. In any case, as a South Floridian, I'll be rooting for the Heat the whole way through.
You could no more evade my wrath than you could your own shadow.
2006-06-04, 8:17 PM #2
I am so glad Dallas beat the Suns. I've been bitter ever since they beat the Lakers (I'm from LA and have been avidly for the Lakers since over 10 yrs ago, when Magic was playing his last games and I was barely into elementary school) .. I know it's the Lakers' fault for losing after a freaking THREE TO ONE SERIES LEAD and they were friggin 25 seconds from winning it in game freaking five and SOME FREAKING HOW THEY DIDNT .. but .. Fdsklafjdklwajfkl32qjh90rt03qur91 rfd;salj ~~``1`1j1

And then the Suns beat the Clippers too! And both the Lakers' and the Clippers' game 7s were too painful to watch with the suns winning by like freaking 30 GRAGHDKLSAfjdwskal

So yeah.

Anyways, I want the heat to win, because of shaq/gary payton + I <3 Pat Riley

As for who I think is more LIKELY to win .. I can't say because I haven't been watching dallas very closely
一个大西瓜
2006-06-04, 8:37 PM #3
Since I live in Dallas, and I love the Mavs, I can only hope that they win.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-06-04, 10:09 PM #4
The Dallas/Pheonix game was a great close game, very impressed with the Mavs consistensy, they really put on a good show. go dirk!
2006-06-04, 10:12 PM #5
It'll be close, but Dallas has it, I'm pretty sure. I almost always have to side with the home team, and miami seems to always crush under pressure. I'll be in #Massassi, cheering for Dallas on gameday.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-04, 10:54 PM #6
This is an incredibly tough Finals to pick. Dallas beat the defending champs, proving their worth. Miami beat the best team in the NBA this season in Detroit, doing the same. The advantages I believe go to Miami for a few reasons. Firstly, they seem to be peaking at the right time, at the start of the playoffs I figured there was no way in hell they could make it the Finals. Well they did. Secondly, the Mavs have now played two brutal series in a row, that has to take it's toll at some point. Thirdly, Pat Riley has an incredibly amount of experience in the Finals, while Avery Johnson has none to speak of as a coach. That could cost the mavs big time. However, despite all this, I see the series going 7, with the Heat winning it all.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-06-04, 11:42 PM #7
For the Heat to win, Shaq has to bring his A game every game. He hasn't done that yet these payoffs, and I don't know if he can. He does have a lot of Finals experience however, and he may just lay it all out.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-05, 6:27 AM #8
theres no option for "i dont give a flying ****"
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-05, 6:29 AM #9
Originally posted by Ford:

Q F T
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-05, 6:36 AM #10
The Lakers are not in it. This is a good thing.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-05, 8:06 AM #11
Pheonix Suns!!!!

:D
::Mapcity ::MySpace ::
2006-06-05, 8:17 AM #12
Originally posted by Ford:

Yes there is. In fact, every button on this site besides the 3 poll options and the "reply" buttons are "I don't give a flying ****" buttons.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-05, 10:07 AM #13
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
The Lakers are not in it. This is a good thing.

SCREW YO!U!1
一个大西瓜
2006-06-05, 3:25 PM #14
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Kobe Bryant is not in it. This is a good thing.

Fixed.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-06-05, 5:32 PM #15
I'm kind of fine with either team since I like them both, but I'm edging a bit more towards the Heat because of Dwayne Wade.
2006-06-05, 5:47 PM #16
The Mavs are insanely good, but the Heat have really turned it on recently, and being a Heat fan, I am inclined to say they will win. Shaq has been stepping it up recently (28 pts, 16 rebs in game 6 against a Detroit team facing elimination), and D-Wade is the next Michael Jordan in my opinion, because there isn't a player in the league who is better in crunch-time and who also can consistently put up 20+ points a game.
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2006-06-05, 6:53 PM #17
Heat up that s***.
2006-06-05, 8:56 PM #18
Originally posted by bobafett765:
The Mavs are insanely good, but the Heat have really turned it on recently, and being a Heat fan, I am inclined to say they will win. Shaq has been stepping it up recently (28 pts, 16 rebs in game 6 against a Detroit team facing elimination), and D-Wade is the next Michael Jordan in my opinion, because there isn't a player in the league who is better in crunch-time and who also can consistently put up 20+ points a game.

Shaq can't put back to back games together, and I won't get started on the mismatches that Nowitzki is going to create. Factor in that you have two outstanding guards in Dallas to one in Miami and a deeper bench in Dallas, the Heat are going to have trouble.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-06, 9:46 AM #19
Neither, because they both sound like Sex Jelly.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!