Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Suspected terrorists arrested in Canada
Suspected terrorists arrested in Canada
2006-06-05, 10:56 PM #1
Heard about this on the news while I was eating dinner. What would attacking Canada accomplish?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-05, 10:58 PM #2
A new state.
2006-06-05, 10:59 PM #3
Quote:
What would attacking Canada accomplish?

Nothing. It's a case of disgruntled youth embracing the terrorist ideology, not Bin Laden raining terror and destruction down on Southern Ontario.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-05, 11:00 PM #4
We could also stop calling it "That big state up north".
2006-06-05, 11:16 PM #5
LITTLE SATAN DESERVES IT
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-05, 11:17 PM #6
There are probably alot more radicals living in Canada right now.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-05, 11:17 PM #7
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Heard about this on the news while I was eating dinner. What would attacking Canada accomplish?

Since when do any terrorist attacks accomplish anything?
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-06-05, 11:19 PM #8
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Since when do any terrorist attacks accomplish anything?

Well, generate terror? Make your enemies feel insecure even in their own borders?

But... why Canada? The trees man! They're jealous that Canadians have trees!
2006-06-05, 11:23 PM #9
Understood, but terrorism has never really "accomplished goals" other than the temporary terror itself.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-06-05, 11:23 PM #10
Well, what attacks had goals, other than to spread terror?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-05, 11:24 PM #11
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Understood, but terrorism has never really "accomplished goals" other than the temporary terror itself.

True.
2006-06-06, 11:22 AM #12
Some people say it affected the Spain elections. Honestly I don't know, it could have gone either way.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-06-06, 1:58 PM #13
Originally posted by tinny:
Some people say it affected the Spain elections. Honestly I don't know, it could have gone either way.

I think it did, and thats one of the main reasons why I don't like their general population. Just because they lost a train and around 500 people they think they had it bad. The U.S. lost alot more civilians, suffered more and what not, and look, they are still fighting out there. From my point of view, Spain has been defeated in the war on terror.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-06-06, 2:17 PM #14
[QUOTE=Lord Kuat]Well, generate terror? Make your enemies feel insecure even in their own borders?

But... why Canada? The trees man! They're jealous that Canadians have trees![/QUOTE]

And rocks. Don't forget we have rocks!

Trees and rocks
and rocks and trees
and trees and rocks...
Stuff
2006-06-06, 2:32 PM #15
And water.
I'm just a little boy.
2006-06-06, 3:26 PM #16
And ****ing hot french female.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-06, 3:34 PM #17
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I think it did, and thats one of the main reasons why I don't like their general population. Just because they lost a train and around 500 people they think they had it bad. The U.S. lost alot more civilians, suffered more and what not, and look, they are still fighting out there. From my point of view, Spain has been defeated in the war on terror.

Yeah, and 3000 people die every week from genocide in Africa and we think we had it bad.

EDIT:Nevermind, was going to post a long rant, but bleh, won't do any good.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-06-06, 3:59 PM #18
Can we fix the problem in Africa? Are we involved?
2006-06-06, 4:01 PM #19
Originally posted by Jepman:
And ****ing hot french female.

Only one female?

I beg to differ. I think Canada has at least three, if not *five* fine females.
2006-06-06, 4:04 PM #20

Yes, we could, actually. We are involved, VERY remotely. Please also note, lots of Africa is Moslem, so, part of the war on terror.

Look around man.
2006-06-06, 4:13 PM #21
Indeed... however why is Africa even mentioned? I'm comparing what it took make Spain back off, compared to what the U.S. took and is taking, yet hasn't backed off.
2006-06-06, 4:13 PM #22

Dude... I'm not going to go into it... Honestly. It would be a really big waste of time. I'm going to sum it up in a few sentences.

Gold, please, take a look in the mirror. Look down at your hands. Take those two hands, walk back to your computer with them, grab your keyboard with your two hands, and break it over your knee. Go back to the mirror and proudly gaze upon the face of someone who has finally done something intelligent.
>>untie shoes
2006-06-06, 4:16 PM #23

We should be involved, and indeed we are to a certain extent, but not enough, in my opinion. Also, our track record isn't stellar. I'll keep myself from ranting, but I'm nearly finished reading "Shake Hands with the Devil" by Romeo Dallaire, and am thoroughly disgusted with how the west has dealt with African genocide in the past. Argh! I'm going red just thinking about it.

Indeed... however why is Africa even mentioned? I'm comparing what it took make Spain back off, compared to what the U.S. took and is taking, yet hasn't backed off.

Why shouldn't Africa be mentioned? There are human beings dying there too, and on a much larger scale. It's a perspective thing. Yes, you were comparing Spain and the US, but Spook was bringing up something else to consider. It's an open forum, where people are encouraged to contribute different thoughts and opinions, not always following linear arguments.
2006-06-06, 4:17 PM #24
Originally posted by Bill:
Dude... I'm not going to go into it... Honestly. It would be a really big waste of time. I'm going to sum it up in a few sentences.

Gold, please, take a look in the mirror. Look down at your hands. Take those two hands, walk back to your computer with them, grab your keyboard with your two hands, and break it over your knee. Go back to the mirror and proudly gaze upon the face of someone who has finally done something intelligent.

Honestly dude... STFU. I may not know what precisely is going on in Africa, but I got a pretty good feeling. I know the U.S. sends troops there to help. I also know that Spain chickened out.
2006-06-06, 4:24 PM #25
Honestly dude... STFU. I may not know what precisely is going on in Africa, but I got a pretty good feeling. I know the U.S. sends troops there to help. I also know that Spain chickened out.

We may have one or two SF teams in Africa at times, but we do not (as of late) have troops in appreciable force there.

Spain did not chicken out. Prove that they did.
2006-06-06, 4:30 PM #26
I don't have to. The simple fact they took their forces out of Iraq because of terrorists demands proved they fear them.
2006-06-06, 4:33 PM #27
I don't have to. The simple fact they took their forces out of Iraq because of terrorists demands proved they fear them.

Is that why they did it? Can you provide a source? I'm not straight up calling you out, I just don't remember that being the reason.

↑ Up to the top!