Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Just saw Batman Begins
Just saw Batman Begins
2006-06-06, 8:51 PM #41
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
:psyduck: (this will probably be banned soon, so I intend to abuse it is much as possible while I still can)

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Do you know why stuff gets banned?

Because peoeple do that.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-06-06, 11:59 PM #42
:psyduck:
幻術
2006-06-07, 12:02 AM #43
Oh, and concerning the actual movie: the first part (the ninja stuff) was nice, but the transition between him being ninja to being super-duper Batman was so rough and abrupt (can I say abrupt here? please?) that it killed the entire film.
幻術
2006-06-07, 12:23 AM #44
I thought that was pretty cool myself.

I loved how it seemed like the movie was getting near the end... and then you realized it's not even half done.

It was great.
2006-06-07, 1:00 AM #45
Originally posted by Koobie:
Oh, and concerning the actual movie: the first part (the ninja stuff) was nice, but the transition between him being ninja to being super-duper Batman was so rough and abrupt (can I say abrupt here? please?) that it killed the entire film.

Maybe it was missing a montage.

Even Rocky had a montage.

(Always fade out in a montage)
2006-06-07, 3:31 AM #46
Come on we need a montage
MONTAGE!
You always fade out in a montaage..
(montaaage)..
2006-06-07, 10:28 AM #47
This thread reminded me that I purchased the DVD some time ago, but had yet to watch the film. Just did. Damn good movie.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-06-07, 11:02 AM #48
Originally posted by Koobie:

That's exactly the same problem I had with it, it could have been split into two much longer movies with longer transitions. Overall it was so well done though, just dissapointed he didn't save Raz at the end and locked him up in an asylum, kinda went against the spirit of batman :/
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-06-07, 11:05 AM #49
The guy IMDB has shown as "In Talks" to be the Joker doesn't do it for me. Nicholson is hard to replace. :(
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-06-07, 11:21 AM #50
Batman Begins was an awesome moive and the best possible way to bring Batman back into live action after Schumacher's horrid pieces of junk. The way they did it appeals a whole lot to the people that grew up with Batman: The Animated Series in their childhood.

Some of it does have some disappointing editing but with such an awesome job they did overall I think they earned themselves some slack. I do hope though they release a Director's Cut version and have those editing parts fixed around the time of Batman 2.

Have to say some of my dream cast would be:

Mr Freeze - Hugo Weaving
The Riddler - Isaac Hayes
Batgirl - Dina Meyers

Originally posted by tinny:
just dissapointed he didn't save Raz at the end and locked him up in an asylum, kinda went against the spirit of batman :\

He didn't save Ra's at the end because he knew Ra's was more than capable of fending for himself.

Neither of the villains were in the asylum at the end, they thought Ra's was dead and Scarecrow had gotten away.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-06-07, 1:37 PM #51
I would rather have Patrick Stewart as Mr. Freeze.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2006-06-07, 2:47 PM #52
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Neither of the villains were in the asylum at the end, they thought Ra's was dead and Scarecrow had gotten away.

I kinda assumed that both died. Ra's COULD come back but I doubt it. As for Scarecrow I don't see how riding off with a tazer stuck in your face could constitute getting away. I think that would finish off just about anybody.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-06-07, 2:52 PM #53
Anybody not in a superhero type movie maybe..
2006-06-07, 3:01 PM #54
[QUOTE=Numenor King]I kinda assumed that both died. Ra's COULD come back but I doubt it. As for Scarecrow I don't see how riding off with a tazer stuck in your face could constitute getting away. I think that would finish off just about anybody.[/QUOTE]

At the end when Gordon and Batman are talking, Gordon states that they hadn't found Scarecrow.
2006-06-07, 3:03 PM #55
I forgot about that, It still seems like it should have killed him.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-06-07, 3:16 PM #56
If it directly hit his face then possibly but he was wearing his mask which was pretty thick and had electronics that could've absorbed the energy.
2006-06-07, 3:18 PM #57
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
If it directly hit his face then possibly but he was wearing his mask which was pretty thick and had electronics that could've absorbed the energy.

Dude... I think you might be putting too much thought into it.
>>untie shoes
2006-06-07, 4:57 PM #58
No, I just find it obvious that a tazer wouldn't kill someone let alone under those circumstances.
2006-06-07, 4:58 PM #59
Originally posted by Bill:
Dude... I think you might be putting too much thought into it.

How so? It seems like hardly enough thought to me, but I'm a geek.
Anywhoo, Malkovich as Freeze, as Joker... gosh, I've argued with a lot of peope about this. Everyone agrees that it can't be like Nicholson's Joker, it would have to be more like the Alex Ross/DCAU Joker, so someone thinner and taller.
Actually, a lot of people have said Jim Carrey, but he was already in Btman Forever as the Riddler.

-Him and TLJ made that movie, man! But it still sucked.
2006-06-08, 6:41 PM #60
Batman:TAS had the best joker, and I can accualy see Jim Carrey doing that well, but like you said we was already the riddler. But someone tall and skinny, who can do the voice almost as good a Mark Hammil. The only performance I can think of that might be simmilar is Jim Carrey in A Series of Unfortunate Events esp. if you watch the special features.

↑ Up to the top!