Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → aack! I can't find my license!
aack! I can't find my license!
2006-06-09, 11:17 AM #1
AAAAH okay so I go to look at my license because I never bothered to get my provisionals off, and I've had it for like 2 years so I wanted to see when it expired, only to find that it wan't in my wllet, nor was it in my checkbook or my purse which I emptied 3 times. Checked my car. Last time I remember having it was last week (maybe 2 weeks ago?) at work orientation when i had to give it to them but they gave it back to me, which would mean that I've been driving for at least a week without it. I may not have put it in my wallet then, but it's not with my work papers and not in my pockets. I have to be at work in 45 min and I can NOT afford to get a ticket and if I get it suspended for driving without a license, not only will my insurance go up, but I also will not have a way to get to work. I've never gotten a speeding ticket before but this is where Murphy's Law comes into effect. :(

What do I do?!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-06-09, 11:19 AM #2
Drive extra-cautious for now.

Tomorrow, go with a parent to the DMV and get a duplicate. Depending on where you live, you may be able to file for one online, too.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-09, 11:21 AM #3
You are screwed beyond all belief. You have no chance to survive. Make your time.

...newb.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-06-09, 11:21 AM #4
Up until the part where you said you had to go to work in 45 minutes I would have suggested calling the liscense bereau and going in to get a new one made. Right now though, you'll probably need to find someone who can give you a ride.

That wasn't really helpful, I know. Sorry. :gbk:
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-06-09, 11:26 AM #5
Walk.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-09, 11:34 AM #6
haha I would have to have started a long time ago.
2006-06-09, 11:45 AM #7
As long as you drive carefully, the chances of your being pulled over today are no more likely than any other day - which should be slim. The police won't automatically know you're license-less. My friend and I were pulled over in our cars two nights ago and he didn't have a license, and he wasn't even given a written citation.

Just make sure to get a duplicate issued soon.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-09, 11:53 AM #8
But the problem with that suggestion is you're advocating breaking the law.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-09, 12:12 PM #9
Just go THRAWNish on the cops' *** if he dares to arrest you.

Or put on a lot of make up and make yourself pretty.

Or get someone else to drive you.

Or bring more pretty girl friends along with you in the car.

Boy I wish I was a cop. :o
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-09, 12:12 PM #10
Panic and drive like hell through town!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-09, 12:21 PM #11
Go to the courthouse / dmv and get a new one?
2006-06-09, 12:28 PM #12
Originally posted by Freelancer:
But the problem with that suggestion is you're advocating breaking the law.

You're right. She shouldn't follow my advice, either.

However, I'll still present it as a possibility. The spirit of the law should not prevent someone from going to work. I believe her in that she is a licensed driver and is qualified to drive. She can provide the necessary information in an emergency without a license.

What if I lived out in the middle of nowhere and my license was lost or destroyed and I suddenly found out that a loved one was on his or her deathbed the next town over? :v:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-09, 12:28 PM #13
I can see it.

Suggie : "Hi, I'd like a replacement license, I lost mine."
Woman : "...But I just saw you get out of your car."
Suggie : "... You're wrong."
Woman : "Let me push my pretty little red button here and call my friend here."
2006-06-09, 12:36 PM #14
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
What if I lived out in the middle of nowhere and my license was lost or destroyed and I suddenly found out that a loved one was on his or her deathbed the next town over? :v:

Then get a new license first. You didn't really like that person anyway.
2006-06-09, 12:42 PM #15
i love how easy it is to just rely on law to dictate your life. "the book says that. i'll do that"

or as they say. textbook answer.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-06-09, 12:49 PM #16
Just drive?

You have a few days to bring a valid license to the police station, if you do get pulled over. As long as you don't get some nazi cop you should be fine.
2006-06-09, 12:54 PM #17
Don't cops have computers in their cars, and they can look up if you have a license or not? I know you're supposed to have it with you, but still.... Hm.
2006-06-09, 12:57 PM #18
But how do you prove you're who you say you are without an ID, hmm?
2006-06-09, 1:04 PM #19
Bank card, student ID, health card, credit card, passport

all signed with your name on them, 2 are government issued

enough bantering

did you get to work on time? :D
2006-06-09, 5:03 PM #20
Originally posted by Axis:
Don't cops have computers in their cars, and they can look up if you have a license or not? I know you're supposed to have it with you, but still.... Hm.

Yes. They can look it up and probably give you a "Fix-it" for driving with out your lisence, meaning that when you find your lisence, you can show it to a police officer with the ticket and you'll only pay something like $10.

If you can't find it, you'll have to go to the DMV, or look online, and get another one. I suggest going in to do it becuase they'll give you a temporary one on the spot while the new license is made and sent to you in the mail.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-09, 5:27 PM #21
Originally posted by Jepman:
Just go THRAWNish on the cops' *** if he dares to arrest you.

Or get someone else to drive you.

Or bring more pretty girl friends along with you in the car.

Boy I wish I was a cop. :o

+ halter top. :D

Should solve your problem.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-09, 5:28 PM #22
my problem with going to the DMV was that it takes so long and I had to be at work, and there was no one around who I could get a ride from - so I talked to my mom and she told me to just drive carefully. Made it to work on time though. I guess I'm officially a criminal :P A criminal who hasn't had dinner yet though...

jep and Sarn: yeah, as I get an old nazi female cop.
2006-06-09, 5:33 PM #23
I thought the law was that they couldn't really do anything to you as long as your license wasn't suspended or revoked or something.
2006-06-09, 5:35 PM #24
I'm not entirely sure, I've just heard horror stories. It may depend on the state though.
2006-06-09, 7:04 PM #25
I misplace my license, time to time. It seems I always find it in the pocket of pants.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-09, 8:55 PM #26
Originally posted by Freelancer:
But how do you prove you're who you say you are without an ID, hmm?

Run the license plate on the vehicle & check registered owner then pull up an image of the license. If the photo matches...bingo. ;)

[QUOTE=Cool Matty]I thought the law was that they couldn't really do anything to you as long as your license wasn't suspended or revoked or something.[/QUOTE]

That probably varies by state law. I've been pulled over and not even had my license checked..was a quick catch-and-release, apparently.
woot!
2006-06-09, 10:02 PM #27
lol 'driving without a license' means you are driving but your license may be suspended for unpaid tickets or you just having gone to get it yet..

if you get pulled over just prove your identity w/ SS-Card and registration.. they aren't going to suspended your license.. they can pull it up in their cars to see if your telling the truth or not. but its a good idea to have it on you. just go to the BMV and get a new one.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-06-10, 2:21 AM #28
Originally posted by sugarless5:
my problem with going to the DMV was that it takes so long and I had to be at work, and there was no one around who I could get a ride from - so I talked to my mom and she told me to just drive carefully. Made it to work on time though. I guess I'm officially a criminal :P A criminal who hasn't had dinner yet though...

jep and Sarn: yeah, as I get an old nazi female cop.

hey, old nazi female cops need lurving too.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-10, 3:01 AM #29
Right.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-10, 4:21 AM #30
if a cop stops you, make sure you're wearing a low cut top, and show him the goods.

then u can drive on.

:ninja:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-06-10, 7:24 PM #31
Sheesh... you're not license-less. You just don't have it with you. What's the big deal? If you get pulled over, show it later. And if you can't, they can always look you up and see that you have one, right?
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-06-10, 11:38 PM #32
I really don't know about that, but I do know of some people who got busted on some form or another because they didn't have it with them. But it's all for naught - I found it!!

BUT the funniest thing happened at work today. I was ringing this guy and his wife up and he turns to me and says "You have been so kind and helpful today that I am going to give you something for free" he hands me a pamphlet. "I am going to give you the gift of Jesus Christ in your life."

me: "Why thankyou"

That was after going through all of my options of course. Can I get that gift wrapped? nooo. Someone already got me that, can I get something else? no, I won't. Jesus is against my religion? nooo. Just for that, another building is going to go. *sigh* I won't

After staring in openmouthed shock the cashier next to me dove behind the register in a fit of hysterics.

(I only bring this up here because it's not worthy of its own thread and we were mentioning me getting to work... okay so I really just wanted to tell that story.)
2006-06-10, 11:55 PM #33
Quote:
Just for that, another building is going to go.

Too bad you didn't say this one. It would have been good if they thought you were an undercover arab terrorist.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-11, 3:54 AM #34
This is one reason I like England.

I stopped carrying my photo card (the plastic part to my licence that has a summery of my details not the paper part which has everything on it (which I never carried anyway)) after my wallet got stolen.

If I get stopped for any reason I will be told to report to my nearest police station within seven days, longer if I have a valid reason.

Does it cost anything to replace a lost or stolen card in America? It costs £30 here (last time I checked).
2006-06-11, 11:21 AM #35
This is Maryland.

You will be caused ****.
2006-06-11, 6:39 PM #36
Originally posted by DracoZandros:
This is one reason I like England.

I stopped carrying my photo card (the plastic part to my licence that has a summery of my details not the paper part which has everything on it (which I never carried anyway)) after my wallet got stolen.

If I get stopped for any reason I will be told to report to my nearest police station within seven days, longer if I have a valid reason.

Does it cost anything to replace a lost or stolen card in America? It costs £30 here (last time I checked).

Varies per state..I think it's $10 (for DL - $2 for non-DL ID) in FL. I could be mistaken, though.
woot!
2006-06-11, 6:46 PM #37
Originally posted by Jepman:

You fool. She needs to take the makeup off to make herself pretty.

<.<
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-06-13, 1:02 PM #38
And you need to wash the brown off of your nose to not look like a giant wussyman.
2006-06-13, 1:09 PM #39
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
You fool. She needs to take the makeup off to make herself pretty.

<.<

lol, that did come out pretty bad

↑ Up to the top!