Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Half-Life mods, levels, and Steam
Half-Life mods, levels, and Steam
2006-06-09, 12:39 PM #1
A couple of intertwined questions:

Ok, now that I've beaten HL, OF, and BS (heh), how do I run mods for HL, and is Steam involved with running mods or levels in any way?
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-09, 12:42 PM #2
Usually theres just an executable you install, but keep in mind that if the mod was made before Steam, you have to direct it to the Steam folder.
2006-06-09, 2:10 PM #3
Originally posted by Chewbubba:

Ok, now that I've beaten HL, OF, and BS

Cheater
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-09, 2:19 PM #4
Argh, I need to get my HL cd cover back (it is in storage, underneat a pile of my moms crap) because I am really craving a TFC fix. Last time I played it was pre-steam, so I never entered my CD key into my steam account, and they think I dont own the game :(
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-06-09, 5:11 PM #5
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
A couple of intertwined questions:

Ok, now that I've beaten HL, OF, and BS (heh), how do I run mods for HL, and is Steam involved with running mods or levels in any way?

For HL1 mods, install them to your "\steam\steamapps\(accountname)\half-life" folder. For HL2, its "\steam\steamapps\sourcemods". In either case, they should appear on Steam, below your other games.
Moo.
2006-06-09, 9:40 PM #6
Thanks! It worked!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-10, 8:34 PM #7
Question, do people still play HL1 on the internet?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-11, 10:33 AM #8
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:

They play HL1 mods. Dunno about HL1:DM though.
Moo.
2006-06-11, 4:38 PM #9
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:

I do play HLDM, but it's sadly inactive these days. There's only about 200-300 servers online at any time.

That's a shame really, because it is a great fast-paced game. You should check it out. :v:

↑ Up to the top!