Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → podcasting
podcasting
2006-06-10, 3:34 PM #1
So, I'm starting a local music podcast w/ interviews and all that stuff. Does anyone (especially you old massassi radio DJs) have any tips of the trade I might need to know?

Also, if you guys know of any local bands in/around Atlanta (I'll give you AL, TN, SC, NC, and FL if they're good) that I can get in touch with?
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-10, 10:53 PM #2
Sorry for not being helpful, but be sure to send a link our way when you get it set up, sounds cool.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2006-06-10, 11:02 PM #3
hmm. Don't have a really long annoying intro? Also, don't overemphasize the "podcasting" thing, because it will annoy people who know podcasting isn't at all revolutionary, you know? That's all I can think of. :v:
2006-06-11, 9:01 AM #4
Some associates and I were recently discussing something similar in our state.
2006-06-11, 10:40 AM #5
How about checking out the lollapalooza for local bands you like while you're there (if you go)?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-11, 2:23 PM #6
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
How about checking out the lollapalooza for local bands you like while you're there (if you go)?

Psh. Cause this is supposed to be almost exclusively for Atlanta music. I've got a lot of friends in bands that don't get the credit they deserve. I mean, the critics love them, but normal people just seem clueless to the great music they're missing out on.

Like Sovus Radio
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-11, 2:36 PM #7
Hmm, I've always thought the 'normal people don't appreciate music enough' line was kind of dumb. No offense of course.

It's just, you know, music may be the center of your life, and you may be able to tell the difference between a perfect fifth and a minor third and figure out how far out of tune the minor third is relative to an octave and all that.

But normal people care about a catchy melody, a sing along chorus, and a ****-hot image, you know? You can't make awesome music of depth and expect everyone to love it, you have to put the romantic melody, the sing along chorus, and your *** in tight jeans out in front. I mean, musicians (and most other people) know that Led Zep was composed of four top notch musicians, but do they appreciate the D arpeggio in the main Good Times Bad Times riff? No, they appreciate the fast solo, regardless of what key it is in, they appreciate Robert Plant's gross package, as frightening as it may be all tucked over to the side, and they appreciate thinking Jimmy Page worshipped Satan. And everyone knows John Bonham is the best drummer in the world because they've never heart of Neil Peart.

Then theres everyone else who listens to music for the image factor. You know, how they look driving by hot *****es and hos with their windows rolled down. Or maybe it's part of their scene, and their homie gees would kick them outta da crue if dey listend 2 da rok and rol ****.

The world is, unfortunately, just like high school. :psyduck: :(
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!