Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 20 Gmail invites to give out - first to respond gets one
20 Gmail invites to give out - first to respond gets one
2004-06-23, 8:13 AM #41
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
Ah hah. IE caches pages as plain HTML. A simple C++ or Java program could get you an invite overnight, with a crude but effective method. First, clear the entire cache except for the needed cookie. In your program, launch the command "iexplore gmailmachine url" and do a simple parsing of the file to find the random number. If it's 1337, stop. If not, kill iexplore.exe (any command line process app should work) and start over. It's crude, but I don't know how to refresh outside of IE without writing a plugin or some crap.

</font>

my C++ skill does not extend this far. if you could write this...? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]. i'd be forever in your debt. (but then why this Gmail thing matters to me, I don't understand)

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-06-23, 8:15 AM #42
This sure got a lot of posts really fast. It's funny how people are still posting their email addresses.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-23, 8:17 AM #43
It's a really simple program, I'll do it today. If I manage to get anywhere with it, and if I get 20, I'll give* them out like I originally promised. After that it's off to eBay!

*Unless they actually sell for decent prices on eBay.

Oh yeah, I just thought of something. Once you hit 1337, the page probably expires after a certain amount of time, to prevent exactly what I'm trying to do. So that's why I'll have it start blaring an alarm sound through my speakers to wake me up in the middle of the night. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-06-23, 8:17 AM #44
Just in case you got one more lying around,Emon:

b_arnold42 at hotmail.com

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-06-23, 8:19 AM #45
Damn, these threads grow!

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-06-23, 8:20 AM #46
heh, yeah. it's too early in the morning to count all the posts, so whatever:

cazor@mchsi.com

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-06-23, 8:39 AM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:

Oh yeah, I just thought of something. Once you hit 1337, the page probably expires after a certain amount of time, to prevent exactly what I'm trying to do. So that's why I'll have it start blaring an alarm sound through my speakers to wake me up in the middle of the night. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

</font>

I guess that would also let you know when your 1337 post comes

------------------
Ya know? Common sense? Not really that common...
2004-06-23, 8:46 AM #48
ug.... Looks like a no go emon... And you guys can stop refreshing too.. Someone hacked the gmachine guys gmail account....
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Someone has hacked my gmail account (g.machine@gmail.com) making it impossible for me to get into to send out codes to all of you. Everytime someone wins on the site it sends an email to that account, so i can send you a code. But i can't get into that email, if anyone else can figure out a method into the account that would be great, but until then i can't send out invites to anyone.

Sorry,
Scott Meinzer</font>

------------------
2004-06-23, 9:00 AM #49
GOD DAMNIT I MISSED ANOTHER OF THESE

------------------
What once was...
2004-06-23, 9:23 AM #50
Is it over? I'll take my chances....

Grasshopper4232[wraar]comcast.net

------------------
yay for not posting much ever
yay for not posting much ever
2004-06-23, 9:34 AM #51
i stopped refreshing after it started flashing my birthdate, driver's license number, social security number, and home address at me repeatedly o_O.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-06-23, 9:47 AM #52
According to my calculations, it would take about 69,313 refreshes to give you a 1 in 2 chance of winning. Wow, that's a lot.

------------------
"May your gravity well be shallow, and your deBroglie wavelength short."
Stuff
2004-06-23, 12:28 PM #53
Launching IE would be a lot of overhead. Just use sockets or use a wrapper class like CInternetSession. Grab the page, parse for 2 or more instances of 1337, sound the alarm, otherwise grab the page again. Heck, you could even multithread it. It wouldn't be bad.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2004-06-23, 2:26 PM #54
trigger_happy_chewie@earthlink.net

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo

↑ Up to the top!