Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Banned from the chat server?
Banned from the chat server?
2006-06-11, 10:36 PM #1
Every time I try to log into massassi chat, I get this error:

*** You are not welcome on this server (This ident is banned. please choose another.) Email usercom@zirc.org for more information.

It's been months since I've been in the chat, and not since we changed the server from holonet, in fact I've never even used this server before, so what can I do?
2006-06-11, 10:55 PM #2
What is your hostmask?
2006-06-12, 8:14 AM #3
On a hunch, though, I'd consider emailing usercom@zirc.org for more information.

It sounds like your ident is the same as another user who was banned in the past- if you explain your situation to usercom@zirc.org, they should be able to rectify the situtation.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2006-06-12, 10:36 AM #4
Watch as it turns out that he's logged in as root.
2006-06-12, 5:11 PM #5
You trying the chat applet or are you using your own IRC client?

2006-06-12, 6:10 PM #6
Ah I'm banned too, hmmm
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-12, 8:14 PM #7
ZIRC has a default "anti-idiot" filter. Sorry, guys.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-12, 10:05 PM #8
I'm guessing you were using the crapplet. ZiRC banned the default pJIRC identd. So i chose a custom one. They'll have to specifically pick on us now to ban it. As a result, the java applet chat should now be working again.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[

↑ Up to the top!