Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → School Server
School Server
2006-06-12, 10:44 AM #1
I need to know how that Server hack works. The one where one computer can send a message over the network. That and share youi'r school server hack stories.

The best i have have ever done is having a link to my profile in the teachers folder...
2006-06-12, 10:48 AM #2
CMD ==> net send [ip address] [message]
2006-06-12, 10:55 AM #3
That didn;t work!

And what the hell is CMD?
2006-06-12, 10:56 AM #4
Noob. :P
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-12, 10:56 AM #5
If you don't know what CMD is then of course it won't work.

Hit win+R

type cmd

press enter

type the command.

press enter

If after that it doesn't work then net send is blocked.
2006-06-12, 10:59 AM #6
You can also use the computer name with net send.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-06-12, 10:59 AM #7
my friend once stole a printer, thats all :ninja:
2006-06-12, 11:01 AM #8
Is says it can't find "Cmd"
Win 98 btw
2006-06-12, 11:03 AM #9
dos prompt then
2006-06-12, 11:06 AM #10
Umm I believe Win98 doesn't have net send, does it?

And stop trying to be a useless aggarvation to everyone in your school.

All my hack stories involve getting around the stupid web filtering they had at the school. Which I was very successful at.
2006-06-12, 11:07 AM #11
yeah, both those things crossed my mind too Matty.
2006-06-12, 11:16 AM #12
Why does your school server network use...Win98?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-12, 11:24 AM #13
Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
And what the hell is CMD?

Just... stop right now, you don't deserve hacking privs, or any advanced computing privs for that matter.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-06-12, 11:28 AM #14
Originally posted by Echoman:
Why does your school server network use...Win98?

Maybe he lives in an alternate universe where good OSes no longer exist. He runs Win98 on his own PC too, for some baffling reason.
2006-06-12, 12:23 PM #15
Windows 98 is a good operating system.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-12, 12:26 PM #16
To verify. The server uses Ms NT but the computers them selves use 98 [Maybe 2000 the splash screen says 98 and everything else says 2000].
2006-06-12, 12:33 PM #17
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Windows 98 is a good operating system.

America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-06-12, 12:40 PM #18
Why is everyone even discussing this?
2006-06-12, 12:41 PM #19
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Windows 98 was a good operating system.

Fixed.
2006-06-12, 2:00 PM #20
I "liberated" a couple of computers from the Physics department. Actually, my friend took them and gave them to me. A monitor too. They were old computers that were replaced and were collecting dust in storage. One of them works, and one of them is gutted of everything but the motherboard and processor, cd-rom drive, floppy drive, and a ZIP drive.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-06-12, 5:18 PM #21
Heres a good one:

A few years ago, back when I was still at uni, a few of us were goofing off with a useful little utility that would let us tap into the built-in VNC server in Windows 2000. We could silently log into other student's computers. They were completely unaware we were watching. At opportune times we would giggle the mouse or enter in text.

After a few days the rest of the school got wise to what we were doing. It lost its humor soon after.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-06-12, 6:22 PM #22
It doesn't work on my PC's. The command propmt window just kinda sits there pondering my network but never actually doing anything.

Oh, you have to have messenger service running and windows firewall off. That make it less awesome.
2006-06-13, 2:49 PM #23
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5071656.stm

T_E

Read this all the way to the end. Ditch IE. Combined with Win 98 you'll be getting no more updates EVER against security threats.

Seriously.

If you can't afford an update to Win2k or XP, at least get Firefox or eventually the internet will beat you.
2006-06-13, 2:50 PM #24
I think the internet already beat him. ;)
2006-06-13, 2:53 PM #25
hehehe. :D
2006-06-13, 3:17 PM #26
I have ditched IE.. At home.. My school is stubborn and thinks firefox is "A box of viri"
2006-06-13, 3:23 PM #27
I have ditched IE.. At home.. My school is stubborn and thinks firefox is "A box of viri"

So stop posting here from there. :p
2006-06-13, 3:33 PM #28
Dude, flash drive + portable firefox + extentions and skins to disguise like IE = my little creation.

It gets the job done. It's not perfect, however.
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-06-13, 4:04 PM #29
The network at our school wouldn't allow the download of Firefox either, but like Vegie said, flashdrive to the rescue!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-13, 4:12 PM #30
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]So stop posting here. :p[/QUOTE]

:ninja:
2006-06-13, 4:24 PM #31
Originally posted by Vegiemaster:
Dude, flash drive + portable firefox + extentions and skins to disguise like IE = my little creation.

It gets the job done. It's not perfect, however.

I AM NOT PAYING FOR A DOWNLOAD SITE!
2006-06-13, 4:31 PM #32
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]Umm I believe Win98 doesn't have net send, does it?

And stop trying to be a useless aggarvation to everyone in your school.

All my hack stories involve getting around the stupid web filtering they had at the school. Which I was very successful at.[/QUOTE]

http://browseatschool.net/

?
"The solution is simple."
2006-06-13, 4:53 PM #33
My mom is a teacher at the school I go to, so I installed TCP/IP Optimizer on it, and she ended up sucking up pretty much ALL the schools bandwith once I opened the right RWIN window and stuff.

Not really a hack, but funny.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-06-13, 4:54 PM #34
Back in the day when i was young and immature, I wrote a batch script to invoke net send on an endless loop, ran it on the school network, and then got out of there, fast. The end result is that the entire network was clogged with net send messages until someone found the script and shut it down. Fortunately, no one caught me. (i ran it at a terminal that allowed guest access) :ninja:

there was also the oldest trick in the book (taking a screenshot of the desktop, setting it as wallpaper, and then deleting all the icons)
2006-06-13, 5:19 PM #35
Most of our tricks at the Uni involved Unix. We did stupid stuff like touch "*" in somebody's directory (so a slower person would rm * without thinking first), or aliased all of their commands to echo "Command not found.", or changed the way the keyboard worked so they saw hearts and little faces when they tried to type. If someone had a world writable ~/public_html, we would modify their website and add seizure inducing web pages. If someone didn't run mesg -n, we would spam their terminal with garbage by using write in combination with < /dev/random. Particularly nasty ones would be background scripts which logged the user out randomly, or one script I wrote to infinitely alternate the opening and closing of the cd trays on a machine when a certain user logged in. We had a camera in the lab, so I could remotely mess with people and laugh at them from the comfort of one of my professor's office. Of course, we would ask me to do it over and over again; he never knew when to stop.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-06-13, 5:20 PM #36
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Back in the day when i was young and immature, I wrote a batch script to invoke net send on an endless loop, ran it on the school network, and then got out of there, fast. The end result is that the entire network was clogged with net send messages until someone found the script and shut it down. Fortunately, no one caught me. (i ran it at a terminal that allowed guest access) :ninja:

heh, we used to have fun with that too. At college we could use net send to send messages to every machine on the network... on an endless loop. That was fun. :P
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-06-13, 7:02 PM #37

Click the free button.... :rolleyes:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-06-13, 7:16 PM #38

Oh man. I almost pissed my pants laughing.
2006-06-13, 7:21 PM #39

yes u r
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-06-13, 8:01 PM #40
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

there was also the oldest trick in the book (taking a screenshot of the desktop, setting it as wallpaper, and then deleting all the icons)

You don't need to delete them.. Just "Set as a web page"and disable them.

↑ Up to the top!