Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Rain...
Rain...
2006-06-12, 2:28 PM #1
got to work today, 2 hours in, get splashed by a huge truck driving by... soaks my shoes... my socks are soaked... I have 4.5 hours left before I can go home.. have my shoes off and infront of the fan right now at work.. hope the manager don't walk in
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-06-12, 2:34 PM #2
Did you get his license plate? In Germany that's property damage with hit and run.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-06-12, 2:42 PM #3
I think in the U.S. that's just called an *******.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-06-12, 2:51 PM #4
exactly
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-06-12, 2:54 PM #5
Yeah, I always drive around large puddles when I think someone might get splashed. If I can't go around it, I slow down. People are idiots.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-06-12, 3:15 PM #6
I actually aim for the puddles.... :ninja:

although where I live (when not at uni) there are no people walking next to the road because there are no pavements.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-06-12, 3:22 PM #7
Me too. When I drive my dad's truck, I would aim for the puddles and gun it. See how big of a splash I make.

There's probably a reason why I don't drive dad's truck now. :v:
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-12, 3:42 PM #8
I made some replacement socks that I am wearing right now out of cleaning rags. they are new out of the box, so they arn't dirty.. and they don't feel too bad either

actually, i just rapped rags around my feet and put my shoes on over it.
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-06-12, 4:18 PM #9
Originally posted by Impi:
Did you get his license plate? In Germany that's property damage with hit and run.

Are airsoft guns illegal in Germany? We are trying to send the German foreign exchange student that has been living with us home with one :)
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-12, 6:18 PM #10
KILL HIM! KILL HIM TILL HE DIES!!!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-06-12, 7:19 PM #11
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I think in the U.S. that's just called an *******.

It's also called being oblivious to your surroundings while walking in the rain.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-12, 8:10 PM #12
I try to avoid puddles, but some time it's raining so hard that I can't help but hit it, even going 25 or 30 in a 35. Fwoosh. This typically happens going north on College Ave., where a lot of frats are.

Those frat guys probably hate me. :o
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-12, 9:39 PM #13
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Are airsoft guns illegal in Germany? We are trying to send the German foreign exchange student that has been living with us home with one :)

Er, if this is the same guy who sabotaged your computer do you really want to be giving him a gun?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-13, 12:26 AM #14
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:

They're legal.
Though stupid politicians want to ban all "Killergames" though not even they know if they mean computer games or paint ball or whatever ... :mad:
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-06-13, 12:37 AM #15
I hate when that happens. Most of the time I'm in a car when it happens, though.

But did you eat the spider?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-13, 1:38 PM #16
i think rather then eating the spider, I should teach it to do my bidding and go after the man in the truck that splashed me. then again.. I'd be kinda afraid that the man might just eat the spider...
||||||||||||||||||||
2006-06-13, 2:17 PM #17
Originally posted by Impi:
They're legal.
Though stupid politicians want to ban all "Killergames" though not even they know if they mean computer games or paint ball or whatever ... :mad:

Killergames? Idiots. I need to get to work on starting World War III. Dang, the French need some de-pansying too. Maybe I'll have them start it.
2006-06-13, 2:29 PM #18
Originally posted by Spiral:
i think rather then eating the spider, I should teach it to do my bidding and go after the man in the truck that splashed me. then again.. I'd be kinda afraid that the man might just eat the spider...

kill the spider before it mates and gives birth and then u dont have one but hundreds. and that sux about getting splashed. next time take an extra pair of socks?, but you did a good impromptu fix with the rags
2006-06-13, 2:40 PM #19
Never say "sux" again.
2006-06-13, 2:41 PM #20
t ux
2006-06-13, 11:13 PM #21
Meh, UPS and FedEx wouldn't ship them because they all go through the airports, and they would take them. Oh well.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-14, 12:54 AM #22
Yeah. A few weeks ago, it was raining so hard that even if you were under shelter, like the awning of a shopping center, you still got drenched. :-/
DISCLAIMER: This is just armchair observation, not the result of many hours of deliberate study of the subject. I'm by no means an expert, but just an ignorant hick who's putting his two cents in. For that and a nickel, you can have a cup of coffee.

↑ Up to the top!