Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → More than meets the eye
More than meets the eye
2006-06-12, 4:41 PM #1
http://www.transformersmovie.com/

-I wet myself. I know it's been coming for a while, and now it's right on top of us.
2006-06-12, 4:43 PM #2
Wait, if it's in 2007, then why does the countdown thing say it's in 22 days? :confused:
DO NOT WANT.
2006-06-12, 4:46 PM #3
Good point.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-06-12, 4:46 PM #4
Must have forgetten the 1 year part.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-12, 4:48 PM #5
If it was 22 days away, wouldn't they have a trailer?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-06-12, 4:51 PM #6
It's gonna suck. They're raping my childhood by turning Optimus Prime into a fire truck, Bumblebee into a camaro, etc. About the only good thing they could possibly do with the film is get Peter Cullen, Frank Welker and such to do the voice acting.
2006-06-12, 4:53 PM #7
The funny thing about "raping your childhood" is that the only reason it happens is because people have very idealized memories of these things from when they were a kid.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-12, 4:57 PM #8
Originally posted by Darth:
It's gonna suck. They're raping my childhood by turning Optimus Prime into a fire truck, Bumblebee into a camaro, etc. About the only good thing they could possibly do with the film is get Peter Cullen, Frank Welker and such to do the voice acting.

Not their fault. Volkswagen didn't want to see the Beatle design in it because "The movie promoted war".
Seishun da!
2006-06-12, 5:01 PM #9
I know that, still doesn't make it any less stupid. People who grew up with Transformers have seen enough bastardizations of the franchise as is with all of the lame anime spinoff cartoons, we don't need Michael Bay to just add one more notch in the "horrible things that tried to capitalize off the Transformers name" belt.
2006-06-12, 5:05 PM #10
I know that, still doesn't make it any less stupid. People who grew up with Transformers have seen enough bastardizations of the franchise as is with all of the lame anime spinoff cartoons, we don't need Michael Bay to just add one more notch in the "horrible things that tried to capitalize off the Transformers name" belt.

There isn't even a trailer yet. You can't possibly make a fair judgement based off of minor bits of information, rumors, and a generally vague promotional site.

Jumping to conclusions FTW.
Moo.
2006-06-12, 5:07 PM #11
How about opinions 4tw. I have low expectactions and in my opinion it will suck. Until I see a trailer or something to make me think differently, I'm free to keep thinking it will suck based on what I've seen so far.
2006-06-12, 5:15 PM #12
How about opinions 4tw. I have low expectactions and in my opinion it will suck. Until I see a trailer or something to make me think differently, I'm free to keep thinking it will suck based on what I've seen so far.

I never said you weren't free to have an opinion. I said that you couldn't make a fair judgement based on the small amount of information that has been released, and that you were jumping to conclusions. I never once said that you couldn't do either, or that you should change your mind. I was simply commenting on the fact that you weren't giving the movie a chance.
Moo.
2006-06-12, 5:23 PM #13
*shrug* I see the movie probably the same as the higher ups who ok'ed it, as a huge marketing gimmick. Let's see, new line of toys for Hasbro and great marketing deals for Ford and GM for their new sports cars (a decepticon that's a new model mustang and an autobot that's a new model camaro is just screaming marketing).

I'll give it a chance when I see something that makes it worth giving a chance. Until then, I'll sit in a corner and snuggle my 3 seasons of G1 DVDs.
2006-06-12, 5:25 PM #14
[QUOTE=Pedro T Hutt]Not their fault. Volkswagen didn't want to see the Beatle design in it because "The movie promoted war".[/QUOTE]
VW is stupid. They should have been happy for the free publicity.

A while back, BMW spent millions of dollars producing several short films (you'll probably recall the thread I started on it, and if you haven't seen them, let me know and I'll figure a way to get them to you (they're free)). The films featured Clive Owen as the main actor and had violence, crazy driving, swearing, etc... I imagine that 99% of the people that watched the film thought "Woah, awesome BMW's!!" not "BMW is evil! They promote VIOLENCE!"

This is the same thing. People that watch the transformer movie would not think "oooh, VW supports war.. That's baaaaad." They'd think "Look at that pimp VW MECH! That's cool!"
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-12, 5:39 PM #15
i bet you'll also be at the theatre opening night.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-12, 5:49 PM #16
22 days = until the trailer is released
||||||||||||||||||||

↑ Up to the top!