Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A curious image within a Da Vinci sketch ...
A curious image within a Da Vinci sketch ...
2006-06-14, 12:53 AM #1
I just read The Da Vinci Code after putting it off for three years, and was fascinated by all these "hidden" things in Da Vinci artworks. Thought I'd have a casual look at some of his random sketches, and this caught my eye.

I don't have any idea how many people have noticed this, but it stood out quite clearly to me. Tell me what you see in the lower section of this sketch by Leonardo da Vinci:

(Caution: Illustrated female anatomy. If easily offended/disturbed, don't click link.)

http://www.visi.com/~reuteler/vinci/female.jpg

It's probably just me seeing what I want to see, but does that look like an evil/demonic/satanic goat skull to anybody else?

And no, I'm not trying to be all detective and saying wow look I found something hidden in an artwork look at me I'm special. I thought it was cool, so I did what any loser supreme being would do. I posted it on Massassi.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-06-14, 12:57 AM #2
VAGINADEVIL

:eek:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-14, 1:27 AM #3
Is that the...
Wait... What is that? the uterus/ovaries?

-It's ugly, whatever it is.
2006-06-14, 1:28 AM #4
it looks like a chuff to me.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-06-14, 1:28 AM #5
I see pecks but no breasts.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-14, 2:25 AM #6
Indeed, the figure itself looks to be male, but I can't quite determine exactly which gender the reproductive area actually is. And it is labelled as "female.jpg", so: eh.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-06-14, 3:34 AM #7
It's a lobster!
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-06-14, 5:10 AM #8
It's a demon uttering monologues from the vagina.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-06-14, 5:26 AM #9
I think Da vinci had a shemale fetish. Thats my conclusion from this artwork. Female organs within a male shell.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-14, 8:17 AM #10
Originally posted by Jepman:
I think Da vinci had a shemale fetish. Thats my conclusion from this artwork. Female organs within a male shell.

+1
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-14, 10:14 AM #11

Hehe, they said that in the book as well I believe.

>.>

<.<

Da Vagina Code.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-14, 10:17 AM #12
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
VAGINADEVIL

:eek:

>>untie shoes
2006-06-14, 10:17 AM #13
I think it's just a male diagram without the penis drawn on it.

Because nothing in there looks like a uterus or ovaries.
2006-06-14, 10:33 AM #14
He's got beans in his chest!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-14, 11:58 AM #15

Actually a female in a males body would be a maleshe, because a shemale is a chick with a dong.
2006-06-14, 12:16 PM #16
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Actually a female in a males body would be a maleshe, because a shemale is a chick with a dong.

!upshut
2006-06-14, 12:37 PM #17
what about a hegirl?
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-06-14, 12:43 PM #18
This completes Ruthven's theory of girls being evil. :|
2006-06-14, 12:56 PM #19
I see an evil skull thing too.

But that isn't what we look like inside...
2006-06-14, 1:23 PM #20
OR IS IT?
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-06-14, 1:27 PM #21
I myself look like an elephant beneath the belt! :psyduck:
2006-06-14, 1:28 PM #22
Anyway. He got lots of stuff wrong. IIRC, cutting open a cadaver was illegal at the time; however cutting open live people was common in war and as capital punishment. That's probably what he worked from.

It's better than the Romans. Their philophosers would buy slaves just to vivisect them.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-06-14, 1:45 PM #23
it looks like more of a drawing of a man. but yeah I see the same devil horns thing again
2006-06-14, 1:48 PM #24
Either it is really a woman or then we have a nice misunderstanding of Da Vinci's text ;)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-14, 2:44 PM #25
Originally posted by Isuwen:
Anyway. He got lots of stuff wrong. IIRC, cutting open a cadaver was illegal at the time; however cutting open live people was common in war and as capital punishment. That's probably what he worked from.

"Kinesiology and anatomy lay untouched from the mystical studies of Galen until the 15th century when Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) advanced them another step. This artist, engineer, and scientist, da Vinci was particularly interested in the structure of the human body as it relates to performance, center of gravity and the balance and center of resistance. He used letter to identify muscles and nerves in the human body that he retrived from grave yards in the middle ofthe night. ( ) He described the mechanics of the body during standing, walking up and downhill, rising from a sitting position, jumping, and human gait. To demonstrate the progressive action and interaction ofvarious muscles during movement, he suggested that cords be attached to a skeleton at the points oforigin and insertion ofthe muscles."

One thing about Da Vinci was...he followed his own set of rules (kinda like jEDIkIRBY)...
"The solution is simple."
2006-06-14, 3:40 PM #26
Apparently Davinci had different ideas for what was the root of all evil.
DISCLAIMER: This is just armchair observation, not the result of many hours of deliberate study of the subject. I'm by no means an expert, but just an ignorant hick who's putting his two cents in. For that and a nickel, you can have a cup of coffee.
2006-06-14, 3:42 PM #27
Wow cool, I was reading a Wikipedia article about satanic goat demons just the other day.

↑ Up to the top!