Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Blade 3
Blade 3
2004-06-22, 10:51 AM #1
has anyone heard anything about the latest blade movie (due out in december '04)?

If it's as good as the other two, then i'm definitely going to go see it.

Blade II was a surprise to me-- I didn't expect it to be as good as the original, but it managed to be a little bit better.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-06-22, 10:51 AM #2
I haven't seen any of the Blade movies. :/

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-06-22, 10:55 AM #3
I thought the firt two were pretty entertaining, which is all I ask for from a movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359013/

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-06-22, 10:55 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
I haven't seen any of the Blade movies. :/

</font>

Rent them. Both movies are great as long as you don't over-analyze everything too much.

Comic book movies usually suck, but from my experience, the blade series (thus far) spider man, and the x-men series have been the exceptions.

The reason why I liked blade II better is b/c the reapers seemed to be a more formidable enemy (at least until the plot twist near the end-- no spoilers) than that guy Decon Frost did in the first movie. To me, Frost came off as more of a glorified street punk than some powerful vampire leader. Maybe it's just me.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited June 22, 2004).]
2004-06-22, 10:59 AM #5
cool, whistlers daughter!!!

*humps, then realises she also has a beard*

pwnd! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-06-22, 11:03 AM #6
Awesome, I didn't know they were making a third.

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-06-22, 11:07 AM #7
There could be a problem. I heard they're casting some wwe wrestler to take part in the movie. This could be very good (if their role will be limited to fight scenes, or play a minor role where they don't get to act much) or very bad (if they are given a real role.)

Leave the acting to the actors.

------------------
2004-06-22, 11:51 AM #8
What do you mean? to be a wrestler today you have to be a good actor... i mean... c'mon... WWE..

anywho, Blade I was ok, have not seen Blade II, didn't look like my cup of tea, but I may have to go rent it sometime.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-06-22, 12:00 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grant:
What do you mean? to be a wrestler today you have to be a good actor... i mean... c'mon... WWE..

</font>

eh, good point, I suppose.

I have my doubts after seeing the rock's first movies.

------------------
2004-06-22, 12:34 PM #10
Not the most sophisticated plots ever, not the best acting ever, but those movies were great - if only for his costume.

Blade's costume >>>>> matrix costumes >>>>> superheroes in flashy blue tights [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-06-22, 12:38 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Not the most sophisticated plots ever, not the best acting ever, but those movies were great - if only for his costume.

Blade's costume >>>>> matrix costumes >>>>> superheroes in flashy blue tights [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

</font>

you forgot that sword of his....

------------------
2004-06-22, 12:43 PM #12
Jessica Biel is teh s3xy!!11!

I myself can't wait. Wish they'd hurry up with a trailer.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-06-22, 1:05 PM #13
IMO Blade 2 sucked.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-22, 1:39 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
IMO Blade 2 sucked.

</font>

why do you think so?

------------------
2004-06-22, 2:09 PM #15
Supposely this is the last Blade movie and he kills Dracula in this one. I only seen the first Blade movie on TV (heavily edited) and I thought it was entertaining. That katana makes Blade such a badass, especially the beginning scene where he kills all those vampires in the dance club. I might rent Blade II.
2004-06-22, 2:13 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
IMO Blade 2 sucked.

</font>

Why am I not surprised?

Blade 2 is fantastic. Blade 3 should be good. I hear Ryan Reynolds is co-starring. It should be interesting to see what he can do in a serious role.

------------------
I don't want your signature on the same page as mine. It's talking to my signature, and making it feel bad about itself.
2004-06-22, 2:38 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
I only seen the first Blade movie on TV (heavily edited) </font>

yeah, I saw that one too.

------------------
2004-06-22, 3:10 PM #18
Blade was a really great fresh action film. The plot was good for it being a vampire movie, the characters were likeable, the stunts and fight scenes were all fresh and action packed. The second one as just a film was pretty damn cool, but as a sequel it wasn't that great. The character development and plot was kind of left behind and you were left with just crazy action packed fight scenes. That can be a good thing, but it can be bad too. In this case it was bad. Entertainment wise Blade II was entertaining, but sequel wise it just felt like Blade: The Directors cut. So don’t get me wrong, I am looking forward to Blade 3. So my final word is, Blade was the bomb, Blade 2 felt like a re-run, but as a separate film and not a sequel it was damn entertaining.

I guess I sound pretty hypocritical, but I am not trying to be, they both really entertained me, (Hell, I have them both on VHS somewhere) but I just think Blade II needed alot more fresh ideas.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 22, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-22, 3:10 PM #19
The WWE in question is Triple H for those who are familiar with wrestling. Anyway, I thought Rundown was a decent movie and I want to see Walking Tall. And I love the Blade movies.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-06-22, 3:19 PM #20
I haven't seen either of them.

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-06-22, 3:55 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Outlaw Torn:
The WWE in question is Triple H for those who are familiar with wrestling. Anyway, I thought Rundown was a decent movie and I want to see Walking Tall. And I love the Blade movies.

</font>

Will they have a random fight scene where he and HBK duke it out?

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-22, 4:40 PM #22
I found both of them quite boring. They had their moments, but overall, I didn't really like them. I only saw them becasue a friend of mine insisted that I should see them and brought his VHS copy of Blade and DVD copy of BladeII over.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-22, 5:26 PM #23
I began watching one of the Blade movies then I noticed that Tracy Lords was in it. So I swore the Blade movies off forever. That ***** killed "First Wave".

------------------
[insert various humourous anecdotes here]
2004-06-23, 1:40 AM #24
IMO the Blade films where good but not great. Anyone saying Blade 2 sucked is obviously refering to the plot, lets be fair the action scenes rocked but WWE has more plot. I'll see Blade 3 but I'm not as enthusiastic as I am about I, Robot. (actually I'll have to go and check tha I,Robot is about what I think it is...)

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
GUY: "Mate, you really Australianed up your Ford!"
GUY 2: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty spowned."
</font>
Originally posted by Matthew Pate:
GUY: "Mate, you really Australianed up your Ford!"
GUY 2: "Yeah, I guess it was pretty spowned."
2004-06-23, 3:41 AM #25
I dunno, based on that one scene that was shown on MTV I'm not sure if I like the direction it's taken.

It doesn't look as dark-toned as the first two, and Snipes doesn't seem to be going with it much considering he delivered that "forgot" my sword line pretty flat.

Maybe it was just a floppy take, I dunno.

Out of the two that are out, I like the first one better. As mentioned in here they really left out carrying over character development. Blade and Whistler's scenes were usually pretty nice though.

The thing that gets me the most though is Blade ended with a nice cliff-hangar ending. But they skipped all of that.. There was very little reason that Blade II couldn't of continued where Blade left off.

Hopefully it'll turn out well though.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-06-23, 6:55 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
Supposely this is the last Blade movie and he kills Dracula in this one. I only seen the first Blade movie on TV (heavily edited) and I thought it was entertaining. That katana makes Blade such a badass, especially the beginning scene where he kills all those vampires in the dance club. I might rent Blade II.</font>

The Sword of the Daywalker is not a katana. Notice the first has a blade on both sides. And is straight, not curved. Still a bad mofo sword.

------------------
2004-06-23, 1:41 PM #27
Hey Cloud:

Really, try hard *not* to post rumors and possible spoilers without at least giving a hint of a warning, because some of us don't like to watch movies knowing what's going to happen.
2004-06-23, 3:25 PM #28
How is that going to spoil the plot for you, if that's what it'll even be? It's something that could be revealed within the first 30 minutes of the movie, maybe the first 15 minutes. It's also something you'd could get from a trailer on TV, or even a very short review which does nothing more but give you an idea of what the plot is. In my opinion, he hasn't spoiled anything.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!