Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Quick! Launch your kittens!
Quick! Launch your kittens!
2006-06-15, 6:15 PM #1
I know this is O.N. (old news), but it's more fun than the Yeti bashing the penguins. I got this score on the 3rd try, so it shouldn't be too hard to do better.

http://www.addictinggames.com/kittencannon.html
Attachment: 12433/kitty.jpg (45,056 bytes)
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-15, 6:33 PM #2
Max I got was 1,022. Fun.
幻術
2006-06-15, 6:38 PM #3
965. Oh well.
2006-06-15, 6:39 PM #4
Best I could get...
Attachment: 12435/Cannon.JPG (16,105 bytes)
No sig.
2006-06-15, 6:44 PM #5
I got 6,000 once.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-06-15, 6:45 PM #6
1,577 first try... Each turn takes way too long.
2006-06-15, 8:30 PM #7
2153, although I've cleared 4000 before
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-06-15, 8:37 PM #8
http://www.geocities.jp/lledoece/nanaca-crash.html

This game totally started this whole bash for distance over obsticales thing.

Not to mention, I like this one more because:

A. I think its more humorous
B. There's a lot more skill than luck (Special moves, and arials to avoid losing)
2006-06-15, 8:54 PM #9
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]
B. There's a lot more skill than luck (Special moves, and arials to avoid losing)[/QUOTE]

C. Cats are satan incarnate
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-06-15, 9:05 PM #10
I must have the worst luck ever.

After 15 minutes of this game non-stop my best score is 501.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-15, 9:14 PM #11
You and I both, Sarn.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-15, 9:17 PM #12
I wish that song played throughout the whole game. And I just had a run of 1601! Oh boy!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-15, 9:26 PM #13
couple of minutes and some luck
Attachment: 12439/cat.JPG (29,588 bytes)
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2006-06-15, 9:51 PM #14
Yay!
Attachment: 12441/kitten.jpg (19,926 bytes)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-16, 4:09 AM #15
Ouchies. First Try, I was laughing too hard to play (lowest angle with max power, it exploded about 7 times)
Attachment: 12446/kiten955.JPG (27,812 bytes)
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-06-16, 4:18 AM #16
Oh my God. Haha! I must be really sick, but this is hilarious :P Just when it's slowing down, and you think it's nearly over, and then BOOM, it's propelled upwards again.

*tear*

My highest score so far is 1,451.
2006-06-16, 5:24 AM #17
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]http://www.geocities.jp/lledoece/nanaca-crash.html

This game totally started this whole bash for distance over obsticales thing.

Not to mention, I like this one more because:

B. There's a lot more skill than luck (Special moves, and arials to avoid losing)[/QUOTE]
I don't know if this is a good score or anything, but I got 1,529.46m on the first try! It went on forever! :eek:
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-06-16, 6:32 AM #18
3279.65m on my first try. I learned pretty quickly how to use the special moves just right.
No sig.
2006-06-16, 6:51 AM #19
after about 15 minutes of scoring max of 800ish I've finally got something decent...

1,418ft......took long enough.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-06-16, 7:56 AM #20
A new record for me (I thought it would never end. Those balloon bombs and TNT really kept it going.)
Attachment: 12447/kitty.jpg (43,980 bytes)
2006-06-16, 8:08 AM #21
First try

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/things.jpg]

Never been really good at these :P
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-16, 8:29 AM #22
1305!
nope.
2006-06-16, 9:16 AM #23
Originally posted by HCF_Duke:
3279.65m on my first try. I learned pretty quickly how to use the special moves just right.

um, what?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-16, 9:33 AM #24
Originally posted by JediKirby:
um, what?

I think he means the one Cool Matty posted.
2006-06-16, 10:02 AM #25
1st: 1694
2nd: 74 (spikes)
3rd: 169 (fly trap)
4th: 180
5th: 78

As you can see I just got worse and worse.

Worst Score: 15
Best Score: 1694 (1st go)
2006-06-16, 10:36 AM #26
Originally posted by JediKirby:
um, what?

Play the game I posted, ya jerk. It's totally more fun (cause the game actually has more skill than luck), and cause it features ZOMG ANIME CHARACTERS!!!

That said, my friend and I played that game back in high school and got 20,000m after a loooong time. It's sooo fun.
2006-06-16, 10:49 AM #27
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-06-16, 11:29 AM #28
Nanaca Crash Player's Guide:

Section A: Specials

Each girl has her own special move. These special moves will boost you far greater than a normal hit. To initiate a special move, CLICK ONCE when the word "SPECIAL" appears on the screen. You can click anywhere on the screen, but you only have ONE SECOND to do so! Failure to click will cause a regular boost instead (or in the case of the green girl, end the game!).

Red Girl -
Triggered by: Hitting the red girl twice without hitting anyone else will cause her special move to activate.
Cancelled by: Hitting any other girl before hitting her the second time.
Extra Info: Her special, like her normal boost, pushes at about a 30 degree angle. Her special is quite effective, so don't miss it!

Blue Girl -
Triggered by: Having the yellow girl after her.
Cancelled by: Missing her or not having the yellow girl after her.
Extra Info: It's technically a "combo" special with the yellow girl, but it doesn't really matter. This special is decent, firing you at a 45 degree angle.

Yellow Girl -
Triggered by: Having the blue girl after her.
Cancelled by: Missing her or not having the blue girl after her.
Extra Info: As with the blue girl, it's technically a combo special. Of all the specials, this is probably the worst. Still effective though, and if you've got no other choices for specials, go for it! Boosts you at a 60 degree angle.

Green Girl -
Triggered by: Hitting any other girl first.
Cancelled by: Touching the ground.
Extra Info: One of the BEST specials available! However, this one is also DANGEROUS. If you miss the special on her, she will end the game! Also, when the guy is dropping down and you have a special ready for her, make SURE you are going to actually hit her first, and not bounce back up into her from the ground! If you hit the ground before you hit her, it cancels the special, and you will lose! Don't chance it if you aren't sure! Use an aerial attack to avoid her if need be!

Purple Girl -
Triggered by: Hitting her, then hitting the character chosen by the special move screen. (It'll say VS CFS! when its that character)
Cancelled by: Hitting any other character except the one labled as VS CFS!
Extra Info: Her special move is HARD to pull off. If you miss the VS CFS, it will randomly choose another character, so don't look for the same character! Her special move will vary depending on who is picked, there are 3 possibilities:

RED BALL special: This is the storage type. It will store all the boosts and specials you get until the timer goes out (note, you will still be boosted, so don't fret). At the end, you'll get smashed with the total force of all those boosts. Quite awesome.

GREEN BALL special: Double Boost type. Every boost/special is doubled in power for a short time.

BLUE BALL special: Flying type. Shoots you pretty damn fast above the character's heads until the timer runs out. It's a quick and easy thousand meters or more, and it boosts you at the end. When its flying, you can't do anything, and you won't lose, so just sit back and relax.

That said, the Purple Girl and the Green Girl have the best specials, so exploit them when possible.

Section B: Character info

Red Girl: Hits at a 30 degree angle, one of the best as far as getting distance.

Blue Girl: Hits at a 45 degree angle, decent girl to boost off of.

Yellow Girl: Worst of the bunch, punches you at a 60 degree angle. If you can get a better girl, go for it.

Purple Girl: Can either make or break you. If you got a lot of speed and bounce, she won't be a problem. Try and get her special if you can. If you are slow on speed and bounce, avoid her if possible! It'll be almost impossible to set her up for a combo. If you hit another character not in special, she'll "BLOCK" the character, resulting in nothing happening! This can be horrible if you need a boost BAD. However, she can also save your life by blocking the Green Girl.

Green Girl: Avoid her at all costs. She will end the game if you touch her. However, if there is a very good chance you can get her special, do so. Her special is one of the best.

Blue Guy: Slows you down. Avoid or use Purple Girl's Block.

Orange Guy: Randomly switches between Angle Up or Angle Down. Angle Down is actually pretty nice, since it speeds you up and gets you more chances for specials. But Angle Up slows you down, and can really slow the game down. Best to just avoid him.

Section C: Aerials

Blue Aerial: This Aerial automatically regenerates when your character is in a certain range onscreen (It's like the upper 2/3rds of the screen). This aerial is INCREDIBLY useful, use it a lot to save your butt, since it does regenerate rather fast (unless you are going REALLY fast and bouncing super high, in which case, you don't need it anyway). To use it, click as your character begins flying upwards off of a bounce. You can activate it as soon as your character is above the Girls' height. Note that once you go offscreen, you lost your chance, and will need to wait for the next bounce.

The blue aerial will almost always reverse your character's angle, so if you are going 60 degrees up, you're suddenly doing the exact opposite, so keep that in mind. Also, its boosting forward power is quite weak, UNLESS you activate it at the apex of your bounce (right before you reverse and start falling). But of course, this only applies if your character isn't going offscreen anymore, which would be a bad thing.

Red Aerial: These do NOT regenerate! Use them WISELY. Always use the blue aerial if possible! The best times to use this is: To avoid inevitable impact with green girl, and to get a speed boost when you MUST have it.

The Red Aerial will hit you back upwards, and gives a good bit of a speed boost.

Section D: The Launch

Generally, you want to go with a low angle, even 0 degrees is okay if you like to be risky. Just make sure you get a high power! It IS possible to get 100% power, and 0 degree angle. It is also (sadly) possible to get 0% power, but not 90 degrees. Anything 30 degrees or lower should produce good results, but really, as long as you get a decent start, your initial hit shouldn't matter later in the game.

That's most of the basics, just remember to strategize, line up specials (especially the green girl, and possibly multiple specials in a row!), and avoid the dreaded green girl or running out speed! Good luck!

And yes, unfortunately, I did write all that crap up. You all better use it!
2006-06-16, 11:54 AM #29
Geez, that sounds WAY to complicated. How about I just point the cannon and shoot the cat.
2006-06-16, 12:34 PM #30
2251 (Anime one)
2006-06-16, 12:55 PM #31
I got 4569.59m on the bike one!

[Edit: Scratch that, 5089!]
nope.
2006-06-16, 1:17 PM #32
20,000 isn't THAT hard to hit on the bike anime one. Just get a couple specials in a row, and you'll be smoking.
2006-06-16, 1:30 PM #33
a little time on the bike
Attachment: 12448/bike.JPG (40,545 bytes)
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"

↑ Up to the top!