Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Unreal Tournament 2k4 (buying)
Unreal Tournament 2k4 (buying)
2004-06-20, 6:21 PM #1
Alright, like the title of the topic says I'm buying Ut2k4. Now, any mods(other than Alien Swarm, Red Orchestra, the obvious), maps, files, anything that I can get, please do tell. Also share your thoughts/experiences on the full version.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-20, 6:22 PM #2
i'm quite sure someone has made a crotch shot mutator for it by now...

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-06-20, 6:25 PM #3
Get the community bonus packs and ONS-Icarus. If you go to community > ownage maps from the in-game menu you can find links to download them. Also, don't forget to download the latest patch.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-06-21, 1:16 AM #4
JAAAAAAAILBREAAAAK!!

But only 'cause I map for it.

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
Sell your soul for a cookie?
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-21, 4:06 AM #5
You might not even need to bother downloading each pack. Many servers have auto-download, at least for the ONS servers I go to.

------------------
Multiplayer Game Alias: II88BlackOps
UT2k4 is awesome!
Corrupted Paths, my dead WIP for JA. Screens here: http://imagebase.freewebspace.com/photo.html

My quote: "People choose to side with the left, and the others choose to side with the right. I go forward."
2004-06-21, 4:07 AM #6
Get Frag.Ops and NeoTokyo. They are the best mods for Ut2k4 out right now.

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-06-21, 12:24 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
You might not even need to bother downloading each pack. Many servers have auto-download, at least for the ONS servers I go to.

</font>

but it saves time when you join the game if you already have the stuff

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-06-21, 6:10 PM #8
Hopefully Onslaught and Assault mode wont lag for you, apparently they do for a lot of people, regardless of how powerful your system is.
2004-06-21, 6:13 PM #9
1.7Ghz
Radeon 9600 XT
1 GB Ram
Windows 2000

No lag.

You'll be fine.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-21, 8:19 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
1.7Ghz
Radeon 9600 XT
1 GB Ram
Windows 2000

No lag.

You'll be fine.

</font>

1.7 GHz WHAT? is the question. If it's Intel, I point, laugh, and generall nerd you, if it's AMD...well I do the same because I'm still faster. BUAHAHAHAHAHAH *chokedie*

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-22, 4:01 AM #11
With an XP2400+ Thoroughbred, 512MB RAM, 9600 and 768kbps Broadband, I get lery little lag - it's always most noticable in the first 10-15 seconds.

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
Sell your soul for a cookie?
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-22, 5:58 AM #12
www.redorchestramod.com. without a doubt the greatest mod for UT2004.

[This message has been edited by Zell (edited June 22, 2004).]
DO NOT WANT.
2004-06-22, 8:28 AM #13
Airpower.
Ninja rope mutator.
ONS-Battleship
Satore monster pack (I'd link, but I can't remmber where I put the link to the working version)
WEAPONS OF EVIL! (FLAMETHROWER! A kickass one at that!)

http://www.freewebs.com/vpndocs/wc.htm
^ ONS-Battleship / Airpower

http://www.utvehicles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1
^ site dedicated to making new ut2k4 vehicles.

------------------
Signature.

*so original*
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-06-22, 8:07 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
1.7Ghz
Radeon 9600 XT
1 GB Ram
Windows 2000

No lag.

You'll be fine.

</font>

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (2.10 GHz)
Radeon 9700 Pro
512 MB of PC3200 DDR RAM in Dual Channel Mode
Windows XP

Low lag, loooooong load times. I used to have lag, but with the proper setting tweaks it's possible it will be fixed...

At the Atari Forums A LOT of people have been having problems with lag, and looooong load times. It's been a while since I last checked, but it seems that it's somewhat random, some computers have it, some don't regardless of power/performance. I don't really know what the latest patch is... I have one patch, but there might be (a new one/newer ones)

Another common problem is simply low frame rates and mouse stuttering. (I still have somewhat low frame rates, at least in Assault, and I used to have mouse stuttering, but I fixed it, but I can't remember exactly which setting it was, but I know I can find it)

------------------
AIM ID: BlueViper192

RiP -MaDaVentor-
The Limelite

[This message has been edited by FCTuner04 (edited June 22, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by FCTuner04 (edited June 22, 2004).]
2004-06-23, 5:11 AM #15
thort id post it here, seemed sensible- When playing online games of UT2k4, i often get a message saying 'speed hack detected' and the game jitters abit, and from then on i get what looks like really bad lag. can anyone fill me in?
thanx.

------------------
"OMG! It looks like ther's been a Claw Shrimp in here.."
"OMG! It looks like ther's been a Claw Shrimp in here.."
2004-06-23, 5:26 AM #16
It's a glitch. You aren't hacking. It usually only happens when it detects lag. However, it could mean that someone is actually speed hacking. But it's mostly a lag glitch. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
DO NOT WANT.
2004-06-23, 6:25 AM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shaolingamer:
thort id post it here, seemed sensible- When playing online games of UT2k4, i often get a message saying 'speed hack detected' and the game jitters abit, and from then on i get what looks like really bad lag. can anyone fill me in?
thanx.

</font>

I'm pretty sure they fixed this issue with the latest patch.

------------------
TDiR: The Destruction is Real
2004-06-23, 6:54 AM #18
Is the game really that good? I wasn't too impressed with the demo.

------------------
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
http://www.writings-emag.net The next big thing since individually wrapped cheese slices (coming soon).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-06-23, 12:04 PM #19
Nah its just Epic ripping stuff off from other games and throwing the UT logo on it.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-06-23, 12:43 PM #20
lag != framerate

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-06-23, 7:49 PM #21
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
Nah its just Epic ripping stuff off from other games and throwing the UT logo on it.

</font>

Ah..haha..hhahahah....ahahaha....ah...oh man your stupidity refreshes me.

It's insane, Sarn, from what I've tasted of the demo. What modes have you played? Because Assault and Onslaught are where it's at. True a couple vehicles look SIMILAR to Halo's, but the controls, feel, and relationship of them to the game are COMPLETELY different. Don't listen to Mech.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-23, 7:57 PM #22
Obviously the Halo and Ut2k4 car will look the same, they are both the same bloody car! Halo didn't invent the buggy you know. or whatever the hell car it is [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Also the full verion of UT2k4 is alot better then the demo. Over 100 levels, a bunch of gametypes.

Also, MechWarrior, stop being such an ignorant jerk. I don't care what your problem is, but don't take it out on us. Epic hasn't copied anything.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 23, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-24, 5:43 AM #23
They haven't fixed the speed hack issue, and its annoying as hell on 56k! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

Playing onslaught...about to destroy a node... "SPEED HACK DETECTED" AFDJADFK! I sit there for 15 seconds as a sitting duck.

If only you were immune to gunfire while you lagged. But nooo, They just make you a sitting duck.

:\

I hate how I'm forced to play on servers with a 10 person limmit, because any more then that and my ping starts to skyrocket.

Yet theres like VERY few 10 player limmit games, most have 20 or 30. And onslaught games always fill up within an hour. :\

------------------
Signature.

*so original*
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*

↑ Up to the top!