Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do you think...
Do you think...
2006-06-21, 12:39 AM #1
...anyone's ever done it in zero gravity before?

What would it be like? :ninja:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-21, 12:51 AM #2
I'm still wondering if I would be able to in a frantic situation, like a fire fight or some such thing. :confused:
My blawgh.
2006-06-21, 2:31 AM #3
I don't think it would be very good, unless you both had something to push against, otherwise theres no thumpthumpthump.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-06-21, 2:38 AM #4
More or less my thoughts on it, Deadman. You'd need to be in a tight space and each be using a wall to push against. Would kinda take the fun out of it.

Having said that, if I was up there, I'd probably give it a go. Just so you can say you did.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-06-21, 2:41 AM #5
I would be surprised if no one had by now, honestly.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-06-21, 2:46 AM #6
Originally posted by maevie:
Having said that, if I was up there, I'd probably give it a go. Just so you can say you did.

Definitely, which is why it's very likely to have been done by now.
2006-06-21, 3:33 AM #7
The closest that anyone might experience it is wholly underwater.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-21, 3:35 AM #8
James Bond did once.

Because James Bond is a real man.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-06-21, 3:50 AM #9
k, it's decided, I have a new mission in life.
All I need is a willing girl, and the cash to get us into space.
2006-06-21, 3:52 AM #10
Why not becoming a DIABOLICAL MADMAN AND DESTROYING ALL GRAVITY? :eek:

I've wondered that myself few times, I have to admit.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-21, 4:13 AM #11
Who needs walls when you can soar through the ship, spinning? haha
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-06-21, 4:32 AM #12
The 300 mile high club :D
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-06-21, 5:05 AM #13
sex in zero gravity would be more tiring.

Being a lazy guy, i'd say this is a bad thing.

If i was in space, i'd have a nice time with good ol Palmela Handerson, just so i could say... "I DID IT!"
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-06-21, 5:56 AM #14
[QUOTE=- Tony -]James Bond did once.

Because James Bond is a real man.[/QUOTE] :ninja:
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-06-21, 6:34 AM #15
Originally posted by Ruthven:
sex in zero gravity would be more tiring.

Just make her do all the work :confused:
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-06-21, 7:10 AM #16
If I remember correctly, there was some scandal about having sex in space before, due to some astronauts actually doing it. Let me try finding the article.
2006-06-21, 7:22 AM #17
Bubbles of semen! :v:
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-06-21, 9:24 AM #18
Originally posted by Spork:
Just make her do all the work :confused:

charming :P

and ORJ_JoS - ew, I hadn't thought of that!

2006-06-21, 9:27 AM #19
More or less my thoughts on it, Deadman. You'd need to be in a tight space and each be using a wall to push against. Would kinda take the fun out of it.

Soo ahh.. Maevie... ahem.. wanna uhh... go to mars with me?

*cough*

:p
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-21, 9:41 AM #20
There's about a million more fun and interesting things worth doing in zero-gravity than that.
2006-06-21, 10:43 AM #21
Originally posted by Professor:
There's about a million more fun and interesting things worth doing in zero-gravity than that.

Paintball!! :psyduck:
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-06-21, 11:37 AM #22
Originally posted by Professor:

You're single, aren't you.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-21, 12:07 PM #23
Hey, personally I'd rather get a mate and have a fight.

[That's because I don't want various fluids floating about.]
nope.
2006-06-21, 12:13 PM #24
Been there, done that. Overrated.
2006-06-21, 12:16 PM #25

QFBTWIWGTS
2006-06-21, 12:29 PM #26
You would NOT need a wall or something. The reason you have arms and hands is to pull/pull/hold people. Pushing and pulling would be more than adequate.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-21, 12:30 PM #27
Originally posted by gothicX:
If I remember correctly, there was some scandal about having sex in space before, due to some astronauts actually doing it. Let me try finding the article.

Good luck finding that on Google. Let us know the best sites you find, as long as you don't need a subscription.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-21, 12:53 PM #28
Originally posted by Schming:
You would NOT need a wall or something. The reason you have arms and hands is to pull/pull/hold people. Pushing and pulling would be more than adequate.

why is nobody getting this? yes, you can push and pull on eachother, but unless atleast one of you is attached to something solid, all your efforts will do is change your trajectory. you'd both just be juddering about in space, but your body parts won't be moving much relative to each of you.

And Sarn... sounds less whorish than putting out for the price of a dinner! :p

2006-06-21, 1:09 PM #29
Quote:
why is nobody getting this? yes, you can push and pull on eachother, but unless atleast one of you is attached to something solid, all your efforts will do is change your trajectory. you'd both just be juddering about in space, but your body parts won't be moving much relative to each of you.

That is precisely wrong. The only thing that happens is that you move in an equal and opposite way as the force you exert. If you pull the other person towards you, you both move - towards EACH OTHER. You don't just magically move backwards so they don't get any closer.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-06-21, 1:36 PM #30
yes, if the forces exerted by each person were exactly equal and opposite to the other. since there is virtually zero possibility that they will be, all you will do is jerk around

2006-06-21, 2:03 PM #31
That sounds hot.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-06-21, 2:11 PM #32
You're weightless in space. Why not one person just do all the work? hehe
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-06-21, 5:15 PM #33
If it hasn't been done in space, I imagine it's probably been tried at least once in a public zero-g session.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vomit_Comet
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-06-21, 5:25 PM #34
And Sarn... sounds less whorish than putting out for the price of a dinner! :p

Sweet. I get to have sex with Maevie in space... All I need to do now is get a spaceship...

Anyone know where I can get a spaceship?
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-21, 5:29 PM #35
What was that song that everyone kinda obsessed over a few years back?

I never actually heard it, but heard the lyrics repeated many times over.

"Climb aboard my love rocket, and in the tank is not gas, but love." "Beltseats fastened?" "3, 2, 1, offblast!" are the ones I remember.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-21, 7:46 PM #36
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
If it hasn't been done in space, I imagine it's probably been tried at least once in a public zero-g session.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vomit_Comet

Originally posted by Wikipedia:
In general it is used to train astronauts in zero-g maneuvers, giving them about 25 seconds of weightlessness out of 65 seconds of flight. This often produces nausea due to airsickness, especially in novices.

Hmm, well if it could be done during a nauseating 25 seconds, then I suppose..... :confused:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-21, 8:12 PM #37
I bet those astronauts get pretty bored on the International Space Station.
2006-06-21, 8:40 PM #38
Gravity is a conspiracy from the government! (and Newton)
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-06-21, 10:50 PM #39
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Sweet. I get to have sex with Maevie in space... All I need to do now is get a spaceship...

Anyone know where I can get a spaceship?

Out on the side yard. She'll fly. Buuut it'll be a little bumpy. And there's the matter of the glue holding the heat tiles on...
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-21, 11:20 PM #40
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
"Climb aboard my love rocket, and in the tank is not gas, but love." "Beltseats fastened?" "3, 2, 1, offblast!" are the ones I remember.

Hey, baby, wake up from your asleep.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!