Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Put up or Shut up - Uwe Boll
Put up or Shut up - Uwe Boll
2006-06-21, 6:34 AM #1
linky

[quote=Ze Article]"I am fed up," said Boll. "I'm fed up with people slamming my films on the Internet without see[ing] them. Many journalists make value judgments on my films based on the opinions of one or two thousand Internet voices. Half of those opinions come from people who've never watched my films."

To answer his critics, Boll is orchestrating what might be considered one of the more bizarre sweepstakes in memory. After he finishes the ongoing shoot of In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, and the subsequent project, Seed, starring the TV incarnation of Conan the Barbarian, bodybuilder Ralf Moeller (Gladiator), Boll will move onto the big-screen version of studio Running With Scissors' controversial Postal series. During that shoot, Boll will personally take on his biggest detractors in boxing matches to be used in the film.

"Towards the end of the filming of Postal the five most outspoken critics will be flown into Vancouver and supplied with hotel rooms," read Boll's press release. "As a guest of Uwe Boll they will be given the chance to be an extra/stand-in in Postal and have the opportunity to put on boxing gloves and enter a BOXING RING [emphasis in the original] to fight Uwe Boll. Each critic will have the opportunity to bring down Uwe in a 10-bout match. There will be five matches planned over the last two days of the movie. Certain scenes from these boxing matches will become part of the Postal movie. All five fights will be televised on the Internet and will be covered by international press." [/quote]
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-06-21, 7:09 AM #2
Haha.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-06-21, 7:32 AM #3
As a film major, his movies are very painful to watch. On the inside and outside.
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2006-06-21, 8:11 AM #4
Poor, confused man.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-21, 10:01 AM #5
What he does is called marketing.
AFAIK his movie don't sell as bad as they are.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-06-21, 10:08 AM #6
And then some reporter completely knocks him out, and Uwe realizes, suddenly, that being able to beat someone in a boxing ring does NOT justify making **** movies.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-21, 10:12 AM #7
Or this happens.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-06-21, 10:15 AM #8
Raging Boll would be a good name for a movie
2006-06-21, 12:10 PM #9
I bet he throws down.
2006-06-21, 1:55 PM #10
Originally posted by Eric2Wonderful:
As a film major, his movies are very painful to watch. On the inside and outside.

That's because you're just 2 wonderful. :p
D E A T H
2006-06-21, 2:00 PM #11
Isn't Lowtax one of the five?
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-06-21, 2:28 PM #12
HA

Go Lowtax go!
2006-06-21, 2:30 PM #13
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]That's because you're just 2 wonderful. :p[/QUOTE]

I didn't know he was wonderful 2 you. :ninja:

↑ Up to the top!