Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ever lost your cell phone?
Ever lost your cell phone?
2006-06-21, 10:01 AM #1
Take example from this dude:

http://www.evanwashere.com/StolenSidekick/
2006-06-21, 10:04 AM #2
Kirby posted this a week or two ago.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-06-21, 10:08 AM #3
: gbk :
2006-06-21, 10:12 AM #4
ALTHOUGH, he seems to have just gotten his sidekick back yesterday. So...hurrah.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-06-21, 10:22 AM #5
Cell phone stories... ahhh, my favorite. So, I commence with the telling of the worst cell phone story ever. My sister and I, we had the same phone. Its her last summer with the family before she's off to college. Shes off with her friends. She drops her phone into LAKE WASHINGTON. She brings it home, darn it, phone wet. She dries it off, it works. I left mine out INSIDE a bag in the rain for half an hour, its winter time, IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE AT ALL! Drying it off didn't work. Seriously? WTF! My sister dropped her phone INTO A LAKE. It works. Just my luck. But now I have a cool one, I like it more.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-06-21, 11:51 AM #6
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Notice the quote by the thief's mother at the end of the NYTimes article, "I never thought a phone would cause so much trouble".

YOU FREAKIN' MORON!!! IT'S YOUR DAUGHTER'S THEFT OF PROPERTY THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEMS!!!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-21, 11:52 AM #7
stupid bastards should have just sold it.
2006-06-21, 12:58 PM #8
Victor! SPOILER!! You punk!
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-06-21, 1:10 PM #9
Yea, i know a thing or two about lost cell phones. I lost my Samsung A660 a couple of weeks ago on the local VIVA bus (serves me right for using an armourclip for something as light as a cell phone... it just popped right off when i was sitting down).

Anyway, it was pay-as-you-go, so i wasn't terribly conserned (I went and got it deactivated a couple of days later). Now I have a Motorolla SLVR L6 though, so i got a better phone at least.
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2006-06-21, 3:04 PM #10
[QUOTE=Double Helix]Cell phone stories... ahhh, my favorite. So, I commence with the telling of the worst cell phone story ever. My sister and I, we had the same phone. Its her last summer with the family before she's off to college. Shes off with her friends. She drops her phone into LAKE WASHINGTON. She brings it home, darn it, phone wet. She dries it off, it works. I left mine out INSIDE a bag in the rain for half an hour, its winter time, IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE AT ALL! Drying it off didn't work. Seriously? WTF! My sister dropped her phone INTO A LAKE. It works. Just my luck. But now I have a cool one, I like it more.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes electronics can survive water... I'd think if they're off during the ordeal it would be more likely. Also you'd have to let the insides dry out before you turned it on again.

[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]stupid bastards should have just sold it.[/QUOTE]

Read the comments... THEY DID SELL IT. That didn't help them. :)

2006-06-21, 4:06 PM #11
actually, they didn't sell it. They just said they sold it.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.

↑ Up to the top!