Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → We need you! For NWN!
We need you! For NWN!
2006-06-22, 2:12 PM #1
The Massassi Campaign is looking for a 4th player. We need a melée character (fighter, barbarian, etc). We all ready have a sorceror, ranger, and bard and we all have ranged weapons (including my spells).

Requirements:
NWN + all expansions (HOU + HotU + CEP)
NWN patched to 1.67
Time available between: 9P - 11PMish GMT+1 on Sundays. To give a rough estimate on your TZ, I'm in pacific and GMT+1 is nine hours ahead of me.

You have to be pretty dependable. If you agree, you are agree to devote at most two/three hours to the campaign. We allll understand that real life takes precidence anytime. We just ask that if you cannot make it, you give some notice. I've had to let the group know that I can't make it literally two hours before the start b/c I had to assist my friend. This way we can RP your absence better. Also it's a plus if you have MSN but other IM clients will do. I have all three.

So who wants to join?

Edit: Someone's probably gonna scream "DOESN'T THIS BELONG IN GAMES" Well technically yeah, but leaving this here will get more views. :p
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-22, 2:22 PM #2
You guys are ridiculous with your timing. I just uninstalled NWN last week after going through a bunch of cool SP modules.... gargh.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-22, 2:24 PM #3
I HAVE wanted to... But I'm barely familiar with actually PLAYING the game, considering I only ever DMed, and poorly at that.

A nice raunchy melee character would be fun, though. I'm completely game, and Sundays are easy for me. I'm in central time, so that's like 4 to 6, which is just before dinner time. We DO have our sunday dinners, so I may or may not have to cut out 15 minutes early, but that shouldn't be much of a problem, and if it's important, I can eat at the PC too.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-22, 2:26 PM #4
I would, but I'm no where being melee.

Unless it's a Rogue/Monk.

But I'm not even past the first part in chapter I of NWN
2006-06-22, 2:29 PM #5
Originally posted by Schming:
You guys are ridiculous with your timing. I just uninstalled NWN last week after going through a bunch of cool SP modules.... gargh.

So throw it back in!

Originally posted by Anovis:

A monk is considered melée. A rogue...they can wield melée weapons but they're not fighters. And our ranger is currently serving as a makeshift rogue. :P
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-22, 2:29 PM #6
I don't have the most recent expansion either (CEP), unfortunately.

I love playing barbarians too... Sucks.

I may end up getting NWN for my Mac... that comes with all the expansions and it's about the same price.
2006-06-22, 2:31 PM #7

Chapter 1 blows vomitously hard.
2006-06-22, 2:31 PM #8
Originally posted by Schming:
I don't have the most recent expansion either (CEP), unfortunately.

I love playing barbarians too... Sucks.

I may end up getting NWN for my Mac... that comes with all the expansions and it's about the same price.

CEP is available online. It's a community built one (Community Expansion Pack)
2006-06-22, 2:33 PM #9
To be eerily blunt, JediKirby, I don't think that the Massassi Campaign is for you, from the few talks we had about our respective ideas about RPGing. Although I do focus on RPing every now and then, quite a big part of it is taken up by H&S, and due to the fact that this is pretty much a secondary campaign for me with prebuilt campaign modules, I can't offer the sort of freedom that you may desire. Apologies, but I really don't think that this is the sort of game you will be comfortable with.

Well, Schming, you were the first one to offer, so if you're interested in joining, do contact me. As for you, Anovis, a rogue/monk might work if you'd focus on the melee, but we're pretty much searching for just one extra player at the moment.

Edit because you folks are way too fast in posting: Aye, the CEP is available for free at the nwvault.
The answer is maybe.
2006-06-22, 2:35 PM #10
That's much more my DMing style, burrie. My playstyle is far more H&S oriented. Especially from the angle of a grungy barbarian, I can really have fun smashing in skulls.

But I can see when I'm not wanted, so whatever.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-22, 2:35 PM #11
I have platinum edition :D
2006-06-22, 2:40 PM #12
Alright, let me download the CEP and find my NWN discs and do all that. I'm not 100% committed at this point because I really am not sure if I'll have time to do this or not. I'll check my day planner... ha... I feel old now.

Anyways, off to play a show tonight. I'll PM you tomorrow re: the game.
2006-06-22, 2:43 PM #13
Excellent.
The answer is maybe.
2006-06-22, 2:44 PM #14
Good.
2006-06-22, 3:00 PM #15
Way to go.
The answer is maybe.
2006-06-22, 3:09 PM #16
You should replace Dregnar with Lord Ketol. Just for bonus irony points. ^_^

PCs, good luck with your campaign, I'll lurk on the thread from time to time to see how things are going and how the story unfolds.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-22, 3:17 PM #17
Now if I didn't already have plans for Ketol, Grismath, I just might've gone and do that. :_

Regardless, thanks for sticking around when you could, even if it was rather quirky at times. (was it really that difficult to see that I was joking about the XP-for-voicechat-only-session? :P)
The answer is maybe.
2006-06-22, 3:21 PM #18
YES :psyduck:

(mainly because you had mentioned seevral times before that you had been impressed with the idea of a voicechat-only campaign, and I wanted to impress you to make up for my previous absence. :P)
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-22, 6:00 PM #19
I'd be up for joining, I could install the game back in and start a new character. Would be awesome if you would have me. What is the play schedule though?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-22, 10:09 PM #20
Hey, where did that Reuben Van Der Leun come from? I thought he didn't like us anymore.
2006-06-22, 11:15 PM #21
I'm begining to doubt all these acronyms actually stand for anything.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-06-22, 11:38 PM #22
Don't even have CEP..

Then again, I should actually play through that game and those expansions, to actually know something.

Maybe not.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-23, 1:25 AM #23
Ach, just to note, at the moment, I'm awaiting Schming's answer, and ole' Anovis will be next. Until then, I canna offer no more positions.
The answer is maybe.
2006-06-23, 1:27 AM #24
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']Hey, where did that Reuben Van Der Leun come from? I thought he didn't like us anymore.

He's been hiding in my closet for the past 8+ monthes.

New NWN player subject to sudden random nakedness.

:ninja:
2006-06-23, 1:31 AM #25
Good lord, first perverted fantasies about naked elves/LividDK, and now this?
The answer is maybe.
2006-06-23, 3:08 AM #26
Originally posted by burrie:
Good lord, first perverted fantasies about naked elves/LividDK, and now this?

Oh, the horror :(

*shudder*

Looking forward to meeting our newest player, whoever that may be :)
2006-06-23, 3:49 AM #27
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Oh, the horror :(

*shudder*

:v:
2006-06-23, 9:16 AM #28
I have platinum edition :D

i have diamond edition :P
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-06-23, 9:23 AM #29
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:
He's been hiding in my closet for the past 8+ monthes.

New NWN player subject to sudden random nakedness.

:ninja:

That's it. You're not allowed to post in FYAD before game time.
2006-06-23, 9:42 AM #30
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
That's it. You're not allowed to post in FYAD before game time.

I probably shouldn't be allowed to post in FYAD at all.

↑ Up to the top!