Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Futurama on Comedy Central
New Futurama on Comedy Central
2006-06-22, 10:19 PM #1
http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=10248

w00t
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-06-22, 10:28 PM #2
This pleases me.

I'm also hoping someone will notice the revival trend (sort of) and bring back Firefly, but I dare not get my hopes up for that way lies madness.
2006-06-22, 10:51 PM #3
<3 Futurama
2006-06-22, 11:00 PM #4
Joss already said no revival for Firefly--had something to do with him not owning the rights to it anymore or something. That's why the movie is called Serenity and not Firefly: the Movie or something.

But sexcellent.
D E A T H
2006-06-22, 11:10 PM #5
Cartoon Network's Adult Swim deserves the new episodes.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-22, 11:16 PM #6
I just looked that up and Fox owns the rights. Whedon (obviously) doesn't want to work with Fox again, but would start it up if someone else did.

Anyway, less Firefly nostalgia, more robots.
Attachment: 12593/futurama_bender.jpg (27,386 bytes)
2006-06-23, 4:00 AM #7
Quote:
"There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library, but something they've never seen as well," said David Bernath, senior VP, programming, Comedy Central.

sounds like an execubot!
2006-06-23, 4:44 PM #8
All glory to the Hypnotoad. *clap*

And holy crap, Greg the Bunny's coming back? **** yeah!
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-06-23, 4:59 PM #9
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Joss already said no revival for Firefly--had something to do with him not owning the rights to it anymore or something. That's why the movie is called Serenity and not Firefly: the Movie or something.

But sexcellent.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if I remember right, he said the "Firefly" series was over. However, a series based on the events in Serenity is still possible. I wish I had the exact link where he said it.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2006-06-23, 6:29 PM #10
Oh man...so much about Futurama was great. I hope a Canadian channel picks it up.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-23, 8:29 PM #11
Well Teletoon's been carying the earlier episodes so its probably just a matter of time.
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford

↑ Up to the top!