Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Sunday lunch anyone?
Sunday lunch anyone?
2006-06-25, 4:44 AM #1
Izzy's sister is coming over for Sunday lunch, then we're all off to watch their cousin in a play (spoken entirely in French - so I'll be mainly baffled). I was just wondering if anyone else around here was into cooking roast dinners? I absolutely love it, me.

I'm doing:

Chicken (washed, thoroughly rubbed in olvie oil, seasoned and then covered in bacon)

Roast parsnips and leeks,
New potatoes,
Steamed carrots (big and chunky so they stay crunchy)
Boiled cabbage (juicy and awesome with the bacon from the chicken)

Yorkshire puddings too, but I'm trying out an arse-backwards way of cooking them today - it's meant to be really good, but it's yet to be seen.
2006-06-25, 4:52 AM #2
well, my mam makes one every sunday, but i wouldnt do without, its well tasty, roast leek sounds tasty, never had that before.

this is the best time of the year for potatoes though, new ones are so much nicer than the mash you have in winter.
2006-06-25, 5:05 AM #3
I never grew up with them, the only time I get a roast at home is christmas - it's not really worth cooking one for two people. But damn, can my mum make a roast when she wants to.

At my ex's, we used to try to have one a week, with a different person coordinating the cooking each time. Works out pretty well, and bloody cheap between 6 or so people.

Gonna head down the pub soon for the football, was gonna get a roast, but I think my hangover might need a bit more in the way of grease than that.

Are you putting parmesan on those parsnips?
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-06-25, 5:08 AM #4
I've never thought to put parmesan on parsnips, but I've got some in the fridge so I might well do!

Nice one maeve :D
2006-06-25, 5:11 AM #5
oh baby, it's a Delia Smith thing (ooh look, here it is)

sodding beautiful
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-06-25, 5:33 AM #6
/me bookmarks.

Rawr!
2006-06-25, 5:36 AM #7
Spiders.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-25, 5:44 AM #8
Roast makes me sick.

Which is why I live off processed potato and fried chicken mensurations.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-06-25, 5:56 AM #9
Originally posted by Martyn:
Izzy's sister is coming over for Sunday lunch, then we're all off to watch their cousin in a play (spoken entirely in French - so I'll be mainly baffled). I was just wondering if anyone else around here was into cooking roast dinners? I absolutely love it, me.

I'm doing:

Chicken (washed, thoroughly rubbed in olvie oil, seasoned and then covered in bacon)

New potatoes,

Yorkshire puddings too, but I'm trying out an arse-backwards way of cooking them today - it's meant to be really good, but it's yet to be seen.

I'm coming over! Be there in a few!
Get the mantrain hips ready to mewve.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-25, 6:00 AM #10
I'm warming up now baby. I hope you like olive oil (on men).

<.<
>.>
2006-06-25, 6:01 AM #11
I'll take 2!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-25, 6:09 AM #12
I'm thinking of making Pho Ga ( http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Market/7773/pho_ga.html )
For lunch today. I generally love asian type foods, and this is something that is easily made and tastes great.
2006-06-25, 7:14 AM #13
Oh baby baby.

How was I supposed to know.

That was AWESOME.

(Feel beautifully fat and bloaty. Happyhappyjoyjoy!)

:D
2006-06-25, 1:29 PM #14
... Martyn. The last olive oil bit. Priceless. My poor poor shirt now has pudding on it. :v:
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-06-25, 2:15 PM #15
I'll be lucky to eat.

Yaaaay.
D E A T H
2006-06-26, 5:00 AM #16
Originally posted by Yecti:
... Martyn. The last olive oil bit. Priceless. My poor poor shirt now has pudding on it. :v:

I find the idea of someone spitting pudding hilarious :D

That's made my day
2006-06-26, 7:03 AM #17
Originally posted by Martyn:

I'm doing:

New potatoes,

Blimey you're making this Yank bloody hungry!

You're also making me use British words.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-06-26, 7:36 AM #18
Back when I wasn't living alone, Sunday dinners were really nice.

:(
2006-06-26, 7:51 AM #19
:v: my girlfriend cooked dinner last night for us, steak and potatoes... :D :D
and then we watched the Transporter, what a girl...
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!