Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Oblivion
Oblivion
2006-06-25, 10:41 PM #1
gates: How many are there? Im sick of closing these dumbass gates that are routinely the same thing over and over again with less than decent loot and boring as hell action. Stupid scamps are the only things that I fight besides Dremora churls, which are easy as hell. And dont tell me to level up to get harder enemies because that would require fighting in more oblivion gates which I dont want to do. I would like to roam the countryside exploring without a god damn oblivion gate showing up in my field of vision and turning my sky red and distracting me from looting old forts and caves and bandit camps. Sure, tell me to cry or get over it or whatever but I', sick of closing one of these damn things and finding 6 more in riding a time of less than 2 minutes in a straight line.That is all.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-06-25, 10:43 PM #2
You don't have defeat all of them.
2006-06-25, 10:45 PM #3
I played the game for two weeks without running into more than 1. You just suck. :p
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-25, 10:46 PM #4
There are 2 in VISIBLE sight of every city in my version. And in the surrounding area, easily 2 or 3 more for every city. Is something wrong? I can take a picture of the map on my game that shows the oblivion gates I have found. There are 26...
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-06-25, 10:50 PM #5
I think there is around 100 or so?
2006-06-25, 11:06 PM #6
i dont think there's 100. maybe 20 or 30. ive explored quite a lot of the map from being temporarily bored with certain quests, and revealed about 15 and i'd say ive seen about 1/2 of cyrodiil.

but yeah, you dont have to close many... just the ones that the city gaurds want you to close in the quests with martin septim and stuff. just do the stuff he needs for you to do to open the portal and stuff
2006-06-26, 3:13 AM #7
If you finish the main quest then all the Oblivion gates go away.

If they're really annoying you that much then just quick travel everywhere :p
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-06-26, 4:01 AM #8
There are mods out there that remove the "random" gates.

And freelancer, you either had finished the mainquest with fast travelling or you had not yet started the main quest. Because there literally ARE gates all over the place.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-26, 9:04 AM #9
You don't have to do them.

Also, the more main-quest missions you do the more of them that appear.
2006-06-26, 2:33 PM #10
I closed all the gates, then realised I was missing out on some stuff, but I don't care, because I got some cool illusion spells :D
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2006-06-26, 2:52 PM #11
Wow, I've been playing for a month and I've only found one. Does this have something to do with what level I am?
2006-06-26, 3:30 PM #12
Originally posted by Uberslug:
Wow, I've been playing for a month and I've only found one. Does this have something to do with what level I am?

Merely with how advanced in the storyline as you are. By the time you've done a few main quest missions, if you go horseback riding for 5 minutes ingame, you'll come across a few gates.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-26, 7:12 PM #13
On one character (my first), I've found about a dozen (closed all of them) and keep seeing more.
My other two characters are heavily laden with mods and side quests. One character has just started exploring the gates (found, like, two) and the other hasn't even gone to Kvatch yet.

-I WANT THESE MUTHA****IN GATES OFF MY MUTHA****IN PLANE (of Oblivion)!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!