Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Selling The Jeep :(
Selling The Jeep :(
2006-06-26, 6:11 PM #1
Since it's summer and I have no way to tow my boat, I'm going to sell my Jeep and buy a truck. Sucks but the stupid government closed 99% of the state and national forests anyway so I barely get to take it off-roading anymore :mad:

Anyway, watch A Killing in the Woods to see the Jeep in action.

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/3058.shtml

It's got 30" Goodyear Wrangler MTRs, new banks headers and banks stainless steel exhaust, new grant steering wheel, new air intake, runs great, no leaks, no body damage, clean title.

It's got about 160,000 miles on it. I'm going to list it for $7000.00 I guess. The blue book and NADA are *way off* on Wranglers - they are saying between 3000-5000 for it, but there is nothing comparable on the site, they are all between 6500-9000 for same year/mileage/etc.

NADA actually links to autotrader for comparable listings, seems like they could incorporate the going rate into their stupid guides, eh?

I'll post some pictures later after I take them. This is in Seattle area, so if you live around here and know anyone that wants a Jeep, let me know.

Update, pictures:

[http://www.massassi.net/etc/jeep01.jpg]

[http://www.massassi.net/etc/jeep02.jpg]

[http://www.massassi.net/etc/jeep03.jpg]

[http://www.massassi.net/etc/jeep04.jpg]
2006-06-26, 6:21 PM #2
7k? Damn, wish I had the money. That's one sweet piece of machinery.

RIP Massjeep.
D E A T H
2006-06-26, 6:24 PM #3
Originally posted by Brian:
Since it's summer and I have no way to tow my boat, I'm going to sell my Jeep and buy a truck. Sucks but the stupid government closed 99% of the state and national forests anyway so I barely get to take it off-roading anymore :mad:

I thought the point of national and state forests was to keep people from driving all around. :P Why don't you drive through some non-national forests? We have lots in California
2006-06-26, 6:39 PM #4
There are some places in national forests that you can off road, but there are always the handful of people who don;t stay in the designated areas and mess it up for everyone, and that gets blown out of proportion. It doesn't help either that environmental groups have been targeting off roaders for the last few years, trying to attribute a lot of damage to off roading.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-26, 6:41 PM #5

Anyway, watch A Killing in the Woods to see the Jeep in action.

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/3058.shtml

It's got 30" Goodyear Wrangler MTRs, new banks headers and banks stainless steel exhaust, new grant steering wheel, new air intake, runs great, no leaks, no body damage, clean title.

It's got about 160,000 miles on it. I'm going to list it for $7000.00 I guess. The blue book and NADA are *way off* on Wranglers - they are saying between 3000-5000 for it, but there is nothing comparable on the site, they are all between 6500-9000 for same year/mileage/etc.

NADA actually links to autotrader for comparable listings, seems like they could incorporate the going rate into their stupid guides, eh?

I'll post some pictures later after I take them. This is in Seattle area, so if you live around here and know anyone that wants a Jeep, let me know.

[VADER] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comeone! if theres one thing i think i think when i hear "Brian'' its JEEP!
2006-06-26, 6:43 PM #6
Your selling your jeep????!!! Commie!!!!

(I have a Jeep Cherokee.)
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-26, 7:39 PM #7
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']I thought the point of national and state forests was to keep people from driving all around. :P Why don't you drive through some non-national forests? We have lots in California

Actually, the national forests around here are different than national PARKS. The forests are actually managed by the state and BLM and they are used for logging. There are laws stating that the forests should be used for public recreation when they are not actively logging (which only happens every 60 years or so - in rotation). The problem is they are closing them all off except a small trail that goes one place - there's no more exploration left. And the areas they designated for off-roading are now so crowded that the environmental impacts are devastating. You take all the vehicles that used to have 50 square miles for driving around and having fun, and you replace it with a 1-square mile area and force them all there, and you get more destruction because there are so many more people packed in a small place.

Plus, what's the fun of going off-roading if you have to wait in line to get on the trail and then just drive behind a long line of jeeps on the same trail every weekend? It's totally stupid.
2006-06-26, 7:51 PM #8
2 questions:

Year model?

Why can't it tow your boat? I can see the hitch!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-26, 7:56 PM #9
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
2 questions:

Year model?

Why can't it tow your boat? I can see the hitch!

1991 - the boat is over 19' and it's a competition ski boat - heavy v8, the jeep is too small, gets pulled around by the boat instead of the other way around :(
2006-06-26, 7:58 PM #10
And the ad is up:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/car/175832662.html

I decided to list it for 7k since all the other jeeps on auto trader that were comparable were in that price range.
2006-06-26, 8:02 PM #11
Wait, you have trails? I thought you meant REAL off-roading
2006-06-26, 8:02 PM #12
Wow, that thing's in pretty good condition considering it's a Jeep and it has 160,000 miles on it! :psyduck:
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-06-26, 8:05 PM #13
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Wait, you have trails? I thought you meant REAL off-roading

The environmentalists banned that here in WA. They don't call us the left coast for nothing.
2006-06-26, 8:07 PM #14
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
Wow, that thing's in pretty good condition considering it's a Jeep and it has 160,000 miles on it! :psyduck:

What are you talking about? Jeeps do great on mileage.
D E A T H
2006-06-26, 8:09 PM #15
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]What are you talking about? Jeeps do great on mileage.[/QUOTE]
I think he was implying that people who have that many miles on their jeeps tend to beat them up off-roading.
2006-06-26, 8:10 PM #16
I think he was implying that people who have that many miles on their jeeps tend to beat them up off-roading.

Precisely.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-06-26, 8:10 PM #17

Ah, I suppose. Not many people I know with Wranglers offroad though. Kind of a waste if you ask me :\
D E A T H
2006-06-26, 8:30 PM #18
That is one solid and well-maintained (externally, at least) Jeep! :D
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-26, 8:35 PM #19
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
That is one solid and well-maintained (externally, at least) Jeep! :D

Engine runs great, too. And the two leaks it developed in the last two years were quickly fixed :)
2006-06-26, 8:42 PM #20
i spot kirkland signature water!!!
I <3 Massassi
2006-06-26, 8:44 PM #21
Originally posted by Jdogg0403:
i spot kirkland signature water!!!

It's the wife's, I never drink plain water.
2006-06-26, 9:06 PM #22
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Ah, I suppose. Not many people I know with Wranglers offroad though. Kind of a waste if you ask me :\[/QUOTE]

Bwahahaha!! Tell that to these Jeepers...

http://nsw4x4.com/
Or these ones...
The list goes on...

And those are Minnesota clubs alone... My girlfriend had a '99 TJ but she sold it in favor of a car that gets good gas mileage, she had the 4.0 Vortec engine that is about the most desirable of the engines, but only got like 13-15MPG. One of my closest buddies has a '97 XJ with 36" knobbies, shaved fenders, an Atlas transfer case, custom bumpers, and he's a member of that first link's club. If Jeep's going off road is a waste, then everybody should drive H2's.
2006-06-26, 9:13 PM #23
Originally posted by Shiznit:
Bwahahaha!! Tell that to these Jeepers...

http://nsw4x4.com/
Or these ones...
The list goes on...

And those are Minnesota clubs alone... My girlfriend had a '99 TJ but she sold it in favor of a car that gets good gas mileage, she had the 4.0 Vortec engine that is about the most desirable of the engines, but only got like 13-15MPG. One of my closest buddies has a '97 XJ with 36" knobbies, shaved fenders, an Atlas transfer case, custom bumpers, and he's a member of that first link's club. If Jeep's going off road is a waste, then everybody should drive H2's.

Oh, I don't think offroading's a waste. I think people NOT offroading is a waste.
D E A T H
2006-06-26, 9:16 PM #24
In that case, right on, misinterpretation on my part...

Guess I was looking for an inane comment like that in a Jeep thread on Massassi.
2006-06-26, 10:28 PM #25
You should add a nice markup just because of who used to own it!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-27, 5:32 AM #26
If I buy the Jeep, can I have my soul back?
2006-06-27, 8:57 AM #27
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]If I buy the Jeep, can I have my soul back?[/QUOTE]
Bwahahahaha I don't think I can guarantee your particular soul back, but I'm sure there are planty of massassian souls hiding out in the jeep somewhere. Maybe you'll get lucky and get the original soul from darth evad.
2006-06-27, 9:53 AM #28
Bwahahahaha I don't think I can guarantee your particular soul back, but I'm sure there are planty of massassian souls hiding out in the jeep somewhere. Maybe you'll get lucky and get the original soul from darth evad.

Ooo, I hear that fetches a high price on the market nowadays! "The one that started it all"
2006-06-27, 10:16 AM #29
OOOOh. This is exactly in my friend's price range... he might be interested. He might be more interested in a classic american muscle car, but this might interest him too. He likes jeeps.

Thats a nice commute to seattle. Take the ferry from bremerton, I assume?
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2006-06-27, 10:40 AM #30
[QUOTE=Double Helix]OOOOh. This is exactly in my friend's price range... he might be interested. He might be more interested in a classic american muscle car, but this might interest him too. He likes jeeps.

Thats a nice commute to seattle. Take the ferry from bremerton, I assume?[/QUOTE]
Yup, every day I ride my motorcycle to the ferry then from the ferry landing to work by the needle.

↑ Up to the top!