Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Weekly Poll: Spiders vs. The Aussie Toads
Weekly Poll: Spiders vs. The Aussie Toads
2006-06-27, 6:45 PM #1
That's right. The weekly poll is back for a while, because I have a philosphy in life:

If life gives you lemons, make threads.

Anyways, this week's focus on the Aussie Toad Invasion vs. the spiders that should be eating them. Who's poison is stronger? Which poison will you pick? Why is :psyduck: not in the battle?

VOTE NOW TO not FIND OUT
2006-06-27, 6:50 PM #2
spiders, totally
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-06-27, 6:52 PM #3
That's what I said. Commander_598 for some reason thinks differently.
2006-06-27, 6:55 PM #4
If spiders actually worked, Australia wouldn't be in such a panic. There's enough life threateningly venomous spiders down there to make my skin crawl all the way in the US.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-06-27, 6:58 PM #5
The army is going to shoot the toads?
2006-06-27, 7:03 PM #6
If I was in charge of that army, i'd use air dropped incendiary weapons. Like napalm.

Of course, Australia seems to be as prone to going up in flames as the Western US.
<Rob> This is internet.
2006-06-27, 8:06 PM #7
Spiders or the army have no chance against the nigh on unkillable toad hordes. I fear for the safety of the troops.
2006-06-27, 8:08 PM #8
The spiders have no chance because they keep getting eaten.
2006-06-27, 8:11 PM #9
It's a...

TOADIE TOADIE TOADIE TOADIE TOADIE TOADIE TOADIE TOADIE TOADIE TOADIE TOADIE...

SPIDER SPIDER!!!

SPIDER SPIDER!!!

ACK GUNS!!!! GUUUUUUNNSS.... OOOOOH THEY GOT GUNS!!!

It's a...
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-06-27, 8:45 PM #10
TOADS WILL RULE AUSTRALIA! And then I will descend from the heavens to reign as KING CROAK OF TOADTOPIA! *ribbit*
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-27, 9:24 PM #11
[QUOTE=Commander 598]If I was in charge of that army, i'd use air dropped incendiary weapons. Like napalm.
[/QUOTE]

I know you were joking, but that's just funny.

"...so our solution to the animal control problem is to carry out a country-wide firebombing campaign. We're talking scorched earth here - leave the filthy toads nothing."
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-27, 9:54 PM #12
I live in Queensland (where the toads come from), so they would probably burn me out first.

Hmm, fire bomb the country to get rid of the toads.

Fair trade. Greenlight the bombs. Go! Go! Go!
2006-06-27, 10:04 PM #13
Speaking of the cane toads, has anyone here seen the documentary on them made about 10-15 years ago? The absolute funniest thing I ever watched at school. The greatest part is that it wasn't supposed to be; it was purely accidental.

For those who haven't seen it, think of Monty Python doing a documentary, thats as close a comparison that I can think of.
2006-06-27, 10:05 PM #14
KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Or...you know..drop a meteorite on Australia and cause a shockwave to destroy all of Australia.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-27, 10:29 PM #15
Spiders to make it 50 50...
2006-06-28, 1:12 AM #16
Toads will prevail, because all 'ians will eat the spiders.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-06-28, 7:52 PM #17
Originally posted by Tracer:
I know you were joking, but that's just funny.

"...so our solution to the animal control problem is to carry out a country-wide firebombing campaign. We're talking scorched earth here - leave the filthy toads nothing."

Actually, I was being at least half-way serious. I can think of no other realistic method to get rid of them. I wasn't even thinking of scorched earth either...

Burn everything within X distance of them and let them starve to death trying to find food... A bit excessive... Especially if a few hitch a ride to other parts of the country, negating all destruction.

Perhaps you could develop some sort of bait that would attract large masses of them and then hit them with something that has a wide killing radius.
<Rob> This is internet.
2006-06-28, 9:09 PM #18
I vote for kangaroos.
幻術
2006-06-28, 10:02 PM #19
I see. New solution: Nuke Australia.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-28, 10:35 PM #20
Originally posted by Tracer:
I see. New solution: Nuke Australia.

Save the Men , Women, and children first!
2006-06-28, 10:49 PM #21
[QUOTE=Commander 598] Perhaps you could develop some sort of bait that would attract large masses of them and then hit them with something that has a wide killing radius.[/QUOTE]

Already done. This enterprising invention preys on the toad's innate need to get down and boogie at the disco.
2006-06-29, 6:51 AM #22
I would hate if the army were to shoot every Toadie they come across, although it would make for an interesting episode of neighbours. :P
nope.
2006-06-29, 6:59 AM #23
TOAD OVERLORD. [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-29, 7:39 AM #24
ALL HAIL THE HYPNO-TOAD.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!