Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Shower Temperature
Shower Temperature
2006-06-28, 5:52 PM #1
I prefer "scalding babies" myself
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-06-28, 5:54 PM #2
Somwhere between warm and scalding babies most of the time. If it's a really hot day, I like a nice cold shower.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-28, 5:56 PM #3
Scalding babies hot.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-06-28, 5:59 PM #4
Somewhere between warm and lukewarm.
nope.
2006-06-28, 6:01 PM #5
Scalding Moltars
D E A T H
2006-06-28, 6:04 PM #6
Originally posted by Avenger:
Somwhere between warm and scalding babies most of the time. If it's a really hot day, I like a nice cold shower.

Seconded.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-28, 6:08 PM #7
I like cooking my internal organs every time I take a shower. :D
2006-06-28, 6:10 PM #8
a little above warm

but if i need to wake up, I turn it to arctic for a few moments
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-06-28, 6:11 PM #9
Cool showers.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-06-28, 6:12 PM #10
Nothing like a nice warm shower to get your body up to operating temperature in the morning.
Stuff
2006-06-28, 6:13 PM #11
Originally posted by kyle90:
Nothing like a nice warm shower to get your body up to operating temperature in the morning.

Like your body needs more heat.

/mansecks
2006-06-28, 6:43 PM #12
Morning, warm but not hot.
any other time (if I'm already awake and just need a quick shower), start barely warm and through the course of the shower I turn it to cold.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2006-06-28, 6:48 PM #13

Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-06-28, 6:59 PM #14
Usually, as hot as I can stand it (which is definately above warm, but unlikely "scalding babies") though sometimes I end my showers colder/as cold as my wussy self can take it. Cold water's supposed to help hair and skin IIRC.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-06-28, 7:02 PM #15
hot, probably scalding babies hot. but definatly more than warm
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-06-28, 7:04 PM #16
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Usually, as hot as I can stand it (which is definately above warm, but unlikely "scalding babies") though sometimes I end my showers colder/as cold as my wussy self can take it. Cold water's supposed to help hair and skin IIRC.

Hmmm, you don't say? I believe I'll try this tomorrow. I've never been able to take a cold shower right off the bat, but gradually...
2006-06-28, 7:09 PM #17
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85:
Hmmm, you don't say? I believe I'll try this tomorrow. I've never been able to take a cold shower right off the bat, but gradually...

Well, I'm pretty sure the idea, for skin, is that hot water/air opens the pores and cold water closes them, so if you dunk your face in, like, ice water, your pores will be pretty tight. As for hair, I don't remember the logic behind that one...

Point is -- don't quote me on its effectiveness. It's just what I do.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-06-28, 7:13 PM #18
It sounds logical enough. Another bonus would be that the bathroom wouldn't be a sauna afterward. I'd like to be able to see myself in the mirror when I get out.
2006-06-28, 7:14 PM #19
Depends. During non winter months it's cold showers all the way. In winter, it's warm. So I averaged them and voted cool.
2006-06-28, 7:14 PM #20
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85:
It sounds logical enough. Another bonus would be that the bathroom wouldn't be a sauna afterward. I'd like to be able to see myself in the mirror when I get out.

Yeah, that's the one downside to "scalding babies", is that once the water's off, you really have to elsewhere to dry off completely, since the air is saturated.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-06-28, 7:18 PM #21
I've heard that cold water makes your hair shine more. I have no idea if that's true, but every now and then I'll gradually turn the water down until it's cold.

I also hear that greasiness makes the hair shine :o
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-06-28, 7:25 PM #22

What he said.
woot!
2006-06-28, 8:00 PM #23
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
I've heard that cold water makes your hair shine more. I have no idea if that's true, but every now and then I'll gradually turn the water down until it's cold.

I also hear that greasiness makes the hair shine :o

Cold water wouldn't get the grease out of hair nearly as well as warm/hot water.
Pissed Off?
2006-06-28, 8:43 PM #24
I like warm showers and the occasional cold one. My wife, on the other hand, likes showers so hot her skin is all red when she gets out of the shower.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-06-28, 11:21 PM #25

Exactly. I like it as hot as I can stand it, but if it's a hot day already, I'll just sit in the freezing shower and then get out after an hour and be in heaven.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-28, 11:35 PM #26
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Well, I'm pretty sure the idea, for skin, is that hot water/air opens the pores and cold water closes them, so if you dunk your face in, like, ice water, your pores will be pretty tight. As for hair, I don't remember the logic behind that one...

Point is -- don't quote me on its effectiveness. It's just what I do.

It's more or less the same priciple, but with dead skin instead of live. Your hair is made up of layers of cuticles (think kinda like a palm tree) and hot water makes them all spread out from eachother, cold water flattens them in to one smooth strand. Hence softer, shinier, and healthier.

I used to like pretty cool showers, ending with turning off the hot flow completely to rinse conditioner out of my hair for the reason above. Lately I'm really getting in to hot showers (despite it now being summer) as it really is a nice, and still very quick, way to get yourself from walking zombie to useful human in the mornings.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2006-06-28, 11:54 PM #27
Gotta be nice and hot... Cold showers just don't feel as effective in their cleansing abilities to me (not to mention being much less pleasant). Nothing's more annoying than a shower with spastic water pressure and temperature. Our freshman dorm showers were the worst... Warm... Cold... Scalding... Cold... Barely coming out... Blasting your face off... At least it kept you on your toes and woke you up...
2006-06-28, 11:55 PM #28
I start from somewhat cold and raise the temperature by time.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-29, 12:05 AM #29
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
I prefer "scalding babies" myself

Nth'd

I do like cold showers occasionally, but it's mainly burnhot ones.
2006-06-29, 12:06 AM #30
Mines like.. in between warm and lukeworm, so like.. piss warm.
2006-06-29, 1:18 AM #31
Warm. I don't like cold showers at all, and I only take them by accident, if ever. This country is so cold for most of the year that I want it to be warm all the time when I'm indoors, the shower included. I just like warmness.

But on the other hand I don't like cooking my internal organs like Redeemed Scoundrel, so warm is enough.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-06-29, 2:29 AM #32
Usually pleasantly warm, but I'll go up to hot as a bonus after exercise or what-have-you. I heard that about cold water reducing frizz, so I might give that a try next time I'm showering.
2006-06-29, 2:42 AM #33
arctic. because it's so damn hot in here.
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2006-06-29, 2:59 AM #34
Usually warm, but it can vary from Burning Hot to Freezing Cold depending on temperature.
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2006-06-29, 3:39 AM #35
HOT AS THE FREAKIN SUN BABY.

Water so hot when I get out my skin is freaking RED, like a ****ing LOBSTER MAN.
2006-06-29, 3:52 AM #36
Originally posted by Rob:
Water so hot when I get out my skin is freaking RED, like a ****ing LOBSTER MAN.

No wonder you're always so crabby.

Crabby.
2006-06-29, 4:19 AM #37
*ba-dum tish*

Hot outside = cold shower, cold outside = hot shower.

Currently it's the middle of winter and I'm consistently waking up at 7am for the first time 8 years, so hot like the roof is on fire.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-06-29, 9:02 AM #38
Originally posted by Spork:
*ba-dum tish*

...and the freak wave of cliff-diving drum set suicides continues...

A little bit above warm; even if it's 100 degrees outside, a cold shower is just...cold. I don't feel like I'm actually clean if I use cold water.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-06-29, 9:19 AM #39
Just above body temperature is perfect for me.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-06-29, 9:44 AM #40
If it's 112 out I still take a piping hot shower.

I love heat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!