Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I was there
I was there
2006-06-29, 11:47 AM #1
So last night my girlfriend left her keys at my house, and I had to drive her there to pick them up, then drop her off at her house and go home. I wanted to be in bed before 1:00 AM because I haven't been sleeping well lately and had to get up early for work in the morning.

On the way from my house to hers, driving on Huron Church Road, we saw all sorts of flashing lights. I figured there had been an accident, and quickly turned onto the freeway to take an alternate route and bypass all the commotion.

On the way back from her house, on Huron Church, I debated wether I should turn off on a side street and take that back to my house, or just stay on Huron Church (which is a six lane road, and considerably quicker than the alternate route) and hope the "accident" had cleared up. I decided to stay on Huron Church, which turned out to be a terrible decision.

It was the strangest thing, once we got about two blocks away from where I had turned onto the freeway earlier that evening, the road was completely blocked off. Normally a detour and such would be set up by this time (30-40 minutes had passed), but absolutely nothing was moving. They had a good two blocks completely blocked off, with seemingly nothing going on inside the perimeter, and there were no vehicles involved in a car accident that we could see. After about half an hour of not moving at all, we figured out a route that would allow us to turn off Huron Church and go back to the side street that I should have chosen originally.

This is what all the cops/ambulances were there for.
2006-06-29, 11:52 AM #2
Oh my God...

That's just nasty. Why would you do something like this to your child?

This is assuming she did it.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-29, 11:53 AM #3
Ah, I thought you were going to say Aliens or something :(
2006-06-29, 11:55 AM #4
This is why I'm losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
2006-06-29, 11:59 AM #5
Wow.

I tend to think people in my town are "normal" people that aren't capable of such horrible acts. I guess I shouldn't think that way.

Quote:
The boy was rushed to Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital, but died shortly after 2 a.m. His body was taken to London for an autopsy.

And I would hate to be the guy who has to perform an autopsy on a small child, or even a baby.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-29, 12:06 PM #6
Originally posted by gothicX:

2006-06-29, 12:07 PM #7
Originally posted by Echoman:
I tend to think people in my town are "normal" people that aren't capable of such horrible acts. I guess I shouldn't think that way.

That's the weird thing about all this. I feel the same way about my city. Windsor is a city of ~200,000, which isn't huge, but isn't exactly a small down either. Being directly across the river from Detroit people expect there to be a lot of crime, but for most of my life there has been very little, with an average of probably around one murder a year, if not less. However, in the past two months the first police murder in the city's history took place, and now this. Makes you wonder what is happening to the world.
2006-06-29, 1:20 PM #8
I'll hold off on judgement until I know what happened. As always, journalism tries to find a story where there's nothing to know yet, causing pre-emptive decisions and judgements passed by the people.

Bah, I can't post in a news thread without bashing journalism, I'm just that bad.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-29, 1:29 PM #9
Ah, I didn't know you lived in Windsor.

Folks, we don't call it "The armpit of Ontario" for no reason.
Stuff
2006-06-29, 2:37 PM #10
What kind of chickens*** name is "River," anyway? Anyone with that name deserves to die.

At least try naming your kid with a half-decent geographical feature, like "Ocean" or "Volcano."
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-29, 2:49 PM #11
Just a note, it appears the article has been updated with a lot more information (names and charges and such weren't there before).
2006-06-29, 3:43 PM #12
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
What kind of chickens*** name is "River," anyway? Anyone with that name deserves to die.

At least try naming your kid with a half-decent geographical feature, like "Ocean" or "Volcano."

Just for you, I'm naming my firstborn child 'Puddle'. :)

They'll probably end up stabbing me in the eye when they go to school on thier first day and get made fun of for thier name. :]
DO NOT WANT.
2006-06-29, 3:48 PM #13
The woman has issues. I have a hard time thinking of a reason that some one in their right mind would kill their three year old on the side of the road. I don't like seeing people skate on the insanity plea, but she sounds like a raving lunatic. Or she was on crack in which case she should be executed.
2006-06-29, 3:50 PM #14
A little off topic, but this story recently boosted my own faith in humanity, so maybe you guys can find it helpful. So awesome. :)

As for the woman allegedly killing her child, I don't think I'll ever understand such behavior.
2006-06-29, 3:51 PM #15
Originally posted by gothicX:

You'll be dead your self before you lose all of your faith in humanity. There's a lot of people to go through. :P
2006-06-29, 4:00 PM #16
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I'll hold off on judgement until I know what happened. As always, journalism tries to find a story where there's nothing to know yet, causing pre-emptive decisions and judgements passed by the people.

Bah, I can't post in a news thread without bashing journalism, I'm just that bad.

Unjustifiably at that. There is a story here. According to police reports, the woman threw her two-year old child on the ground, resulting in his death, and then stabbed an officer.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-06-29, 4:07 PM #17
She ****ING STABBED HER BABY!?!?!

Time for Canada to adopt the Death Penalty

Ill help.
2006-06-29, 4:12 PM #18
The cop stabbed a woman with her own baby?! OMG!

Way to read the article. :rolleyes:
Think while it's still legal.
2006-06-29, 7:50 PM #19
Originally posted by Masq:
A little off topic, but this story recently boosted my own faith in humanity, so maybe you guys can find it helpful. So awesome. :)

Seconded. That rocks. Kind of makes you feel good, that some folks done that for that little girls. Not exactly something you see everyday.
2006-06-29, 8:00 PM #20
I don't loose faith in humanity over things like this. Take a look at 15th century Europe, for example...yeah...
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-06-29, 8:12 PM #21
Originally posted by JediKirby:

This family by me went on vacation in the mountains, the husband stepped out of the van to take a picture of the landscape, and the wife drove the van off a cliff. Apparently she was very depressed and suicidal. Miraculously the two kids in the back seat survived.

The husband's story was later called into question, and it's thought that he knew she would do what she did. Apparently he had a mistress and all this other stuff.

It's pretty messy, but the media was/is all over it, completely presuming his guilt. It makes you wonder how people in high-profile cases get fair trials anymore.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....

↑ Up to the top!