Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Unusual Book Club Email Conversation
Unusual Book Club Email Conversation
2006-06-29, 12:59 PM #1
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Steven (helleq@gmail.com) wrote:

Hey Maddox, I stole a copy of your monkey-assed book today. I shouldn't have wasted my time! It's a steaming pile of camel s***. At least it was easy to steal (Barnes and Noble has the worst anti-theft system I've encountered). The artwork is good, but the text is awful. Big surprise. The part you didn't do is great, the part you did do makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a used dildo. You suck.

- Steven

------

On 6/26/06, maddox <maddox@xmission.com> wrote:

Hey, good job Jackass. Someone stupid enough to steal doesn't
appreciate good literature? Stop the f***ing press!

I'm making around $1-$2 per copy, way to rage against the machine s***
face.

<maddox@xmission.com>
<http://maddox.xmission.com>

-----

On 6/28/06, Steven <helleq@gmail.com> wrote:

You know, your book sucks so much I think I am going to try to sneak it back in to Barnes and Noble. I don't want my friends or children to see what bad taste in have in the literature I choose to purloin. This will only be the third book I have ever stole that I regret (the first being a copy of 'Teach Yourself to Fly' and the second is 'The Architechture and Structure of Modern Skycrapers' I stole on September 10, 2001). The next time you release a book, which is not likely to happen, considering the quality of your current book, I have a bit of advice: don't. Take a lesson from Socrates: stop corurpting the youth, and just drink the damn hemlock already.

-Steven

I AWAIT HIS REPLY
2006-06-29, 1:00 PM #2
This is funny.
2006-06-29, 1:01 PM #3
:psyduck:
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-06-29, 1:01 PM #4
Hehe, brilliant. You're such a smartass, Hellequin.

I can still learn from you, even when it's not about keeping secret gifts for special occasions you forgot about with girls.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-29, 1:09 PM #5
Go Maddox go!
2006-06-29, 1:12 PM #6
Well, we have two of the biggest ***holes battling it out here.

...I don't think the world will survive this.
2006-06-29, 1:17 PM #7
You do know you spelled "corrupting" wrong, and he's going to tear you up because of it.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-06-29, 1:19 PM #8
Originally posted by Anovis:

Everyone ready for the apocalypse? We have WW3 starting very soon.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-06-29, 1:19 PM #9
haha.
Current Maps | Newest Map
2006-06-29, 1:35 PM #10
Originally posted by Anovis:

Q F T
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-06-29, 1:38 PM #11
It isn't funny that you're a moron. Way to suck at being a jerk.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-06-29, 1:39 PM #12
Hate to tell you this, but Maddox is kicking your *** in this conversation. You should just stop.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-06-29, 1:51 PM #13
well I think its funny
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-06-29, 2:16 PM #14
Is Barnes and Noble's anti theft system really that bad? Do they put magnetic strips in the books? Details, books are spensive mon :v:

And that is pretty funny, it's like the war of the witty uber smart asses.
2006-06-29, 2:24 PM #15
At many bookplaces it is very easy to simply remove the magnetic strip from the book
一个大西瓜
2006-06-29, 2:32 PM #16
Only $1-$2 per copy? No wonder. It's filth! No publisher worth his printing press would distribute that s***. Maddox make it out like it's no big loss to him, but you should tell him the book was so bad, you want him to lose as much money as possible: he's already lost his dignity. :v:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-06-29, 2:35 PM #17
Originally posted by Pommy:
At many bookplaces it is very easy to simply remove the magnetic strip from the book

Not that Pommy would know. Solid, upstanding citizen that he is.
2006-06-29, 2:54 PM #18
This is hilarious.

:D
2006-06-29, 3:48 PM #19
Originally posted by Pommy:

Too true.

As any true thief will tell you it is easy to get around most security systems. THe one they hate is the movable track mounted cameras that are inside the one way glass tubes.

P.S. Ex-security guard here. ;)
2006-06-29, 3:59 PM #20
Quote:
the first being a copy of 'Teach Yourself to Fly' and the second is 'The Architechture and Structure of Modern Skycrapers' I stole on September 10, 2001

HA! I was about to post something like "ooh, you started an email fight. Hooray," but then I read this.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-06-29, 4:12 PM #21
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]It isn't funny that you're a moron. Way to suck at being a jerk.[/QUOTE]SAJN_Master is calling you a moron. That's like a double-negative, which means you're doing great.

Maddox is a retard.
2006-06-29, 4:18 PM #22
Maddox is awesome. He doesn't take what he writes seriously, but for some reason so many people do. He writes these things because they are funny. You know what, it doesn't even matter what you think because he is the one with a chart topping book and you are not.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-06-29, 4:24 PM #23
Originally posted by finity5:
Is Barnes and Noble's anti theft system really that bad? Do they put magnetic strips in the books? Details, books are spensive mon :v:

And that is pretty funny, it's like the war of the witty uber smart asses.

Well, the (uber)discount books are on shelves left out in the open outside the store. And the bargain-bin books have no strips on them (why do the effort). Now DVDs and CDs are a different story.

About the email drama, not sure what to think about it...
Didn't know he bothers to respond to emails. He must get a ton.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-29, 4:25 PM #24
Chart topping?

So what, I still think hes a moron!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-06-29, 4:30 PM #25
"Corurpting?" He's going to get you for that. :P
2006-06-29, 4:32 PM #26
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]You know what, it doesn't even matter what you think because he is the one with a chart topping book and you are not.[/QUOTE]

Oh ****, i didnt know that you can't criticise famous internet people.
2006-06-29, 4:32 PM #27
It wasn't funny until you threatened to sneak it back in. I don't understand the 9/11 reference though, is it a joke?
2006-06-29, 4:36 PM #28
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']"Corurpting?" He's going to get you for that. :P

2006-06-29, 5:32 PM #29
Well, he hasn't replied yet, and I don't think he is going to.

I typed the reply at 5:30 in the morning before I went to work, so proper typing was not my greatest concern.
2006-06-29, 5:45 PM #30
way to go Hellboy, you picked a fight with someone admired and worshipped by millions of young blokes.

Nice try.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-06-29, 5:49 PM #31
Originally posted by LividDK27:
Not that Pommy would know. Solid, upstanding citizen that he is.

Just to make things clear, I've actually never stolen a book in my life. I'm one of those people who will return day after day and read and finish the book in the bookstore :P
一个大西瓜
2006-06-29, 5:52 PM #32
I've done that, too. I once read a 326 page ($125) book on Currency trading over the course of 3 weeks in a Borders.

I didn't steal the book, either (not from B and N, anyway, but from a friend). It's midly amusing, but, as I said, the art is the best part. I sent the email primarily to get a rise out of Maddox and his fanboys, and a good laugh for me. Apparently, I succeeded at both.
2006-06-29, 6:07 PM #33
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Maddox is awesome.[/QUOTE]No he isn't.
Quote:
He doesn't take what he writes seriously, but for some reason so many people do.
Apparently he takes what ]-[ellequin writes seriously too, making him a giant moron.
Quote:
He writes these things because they are funny.
Mission failed.
Quote:
You know what, it doesn't even matter what you think because he is the one with a chart topping book and you are not.
Ann Coulter's first book, 'High Crimes and Misdemeanors', spent 8 weeks on the New York Times best-seller list. Maddox has good company apparently.
2006-06-29, 7:36 PM #34
Nice. That made my day. Pity there was no response.
2006-06-29, 8:05 PM #35
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Only $1-$2 per copy? No wonder. It's filth! No publisher worth his printing press would distribute that s***. Maddox make it out like it's no big loss to him, but you should tell him the book was so bad, you want him to lose as much money as possible: he's already lost his dignity. :v:

Actually, the $1-$2 probably has little to do with the quality of content. Taking into account the paying of the publisher as well as the companies who actually sell it (such as Barnes and Noble), it's not surprising that the author himself makes a small amount.
2006-06-29, 8:08 PM #36
What's all this about authors making money now?

↑ Up to the top!