Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → no cd patch for jk
no cd patch for jk
2004-06-24, 9:04 PM #1
Ahh I left my JK cd at my dad's house and im at my moms and fiendin for some editing. I have my MotS cd but not my JK cd. Does anyone know a crack so I can use Jed with no cd.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-06-24, 9:07 PM #2
You HAVE to have the JK CD for editing. djyoshi@gmail.com I might be able to find something though.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-24, 9:10 PM #3
Oops I just noticed I already have a cd patch...man im retarded.

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-06-24, 9:52 PM #4
I cracked jed but I dont think its legal for me to discuss how.

------------------
~Nightfire Mod~
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi
2004-06-24, 10:25 PM #5
Why would cracking Jed be illegal? I mean - it's not like you actually pay for it either way.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-06-24, 11:41 PM #6
Unless you were cracking the... other... program.

*Tony shudders in fea.

------------------
[ Massassiism ] [ Cynicism ] [ Fanaticism ]
Sell your soul for a cookie?
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-06-25, 12:46 AM #7
Well I hear that jed was surposed to be made so that it could only be ran if you have purchased jk. Therefore you must have the jk cd. Dont ask me why?

------------------
~Nightfire Mod~
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi
2004-06-25, 12:56 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by a_person:
Well I hear that jed was surposed to be made so that it could only be ran if you have purchased jk. Therefore you must have the jk cd. Dont ask me why?

</font>

I'm guessing on 'Licence agreements'...

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-06-25, 1:14 AM #9
There really isn't a legal reason why he had to, but as I recall Alexei added it to JED as something of a nod toward LEC.

After all, Alexei did get a glimpse of LEIA, and he was/is friends with several of the JK developers.
2004-06-25, 2:50 AM #10
I know how to do it but I'm already on a warning about... stuff of this nature.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-06-25, 6:53 AM #11
There was a big discussion of it here on the forums back a while ago when we first discovered how to do it, so I don't think it's a problem... As I recall it had something to do with copying certain files off the JK cd onto your root directory "C:/" then setting the CD location in options as the root dir. I can't recall which files you need, but if you copy the whole cd over, that would work... Also, I do remember that you don't need all of the movie files, but you do need the first one (or perhaps the first 2). Anyway, I never did it, so that's the best I can recall about it.

[If I have broken any rules in posting this, Admins please edit the post, and I apologize]
------------------
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
http://www.writings-emag.net The next big thing since individually wrapped cheese slices (coming soon).

[This message has been edited by Sarn_Cadrill (edited June 25, 2004).]
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-06-25, 8:00 AM #12
Frankly, I respect the reason why Alexi put it in, and I wouldn't try to crack it. Sure its a pain, but Alexi is demi-god, so who am I to argue?

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-06-25, 9:17 AM #13
WHAR DA WAREZ GAMEZ AT?!!?!1

Man, you guys seem to have a stick in your butt when it comes to this sort of thing. It's not like he's some goober who's first post on the board is, "Send me JK on AIM plz lolz."

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2004-06-25, 9:42 AM #14
There is indeed a way to crack it, i followed a suggestion on the editing forums when my disc was to scratched to be read.

it's just like was said by Sarn. Been a while since i used jed, but i think you need to copy the resourse directory from your disc into a location on your harddrive, then simply point JED to the resourse directory on your harddrive rather then your CD-ROM drive where you'd insert the disc.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-06-25, 12:28 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grant:
There is indeed a way to crack it, i followed a suggestion on the editing forums when my disc was to scratched to be read.

it's just like was said by Sarn. Been a while since i used jed, but i think you need to copy the resourse directory from your disc into a location on your harddrive, then simply point JED to the resourse directory on your harddrive rather then your CD-ROM drive where you'd insert the disc.

</font>

or, just use alcohol 120% to mount a virtual jk cd to your hard drive?

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-06-25, 1:48 PM #16
Alcohol 120%?? I'll have some of that!

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

--------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!