Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This morning at 4 AM...
This morning at 4 AM...
2006-06-30, 7:30 AM #1
...a foreign exchange student from Spain arrived at my home. He is only staying in the US for four weeks, as opposed to a full school year, so my family thought it would be a good way to see how adding an extra person to our home works, without committing to a nine month stay; if this is a good experience, we'll probably consider the full school year program.

So, post your experiences with exchange students/random people from other countries!
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2006-06-30, 7:52 AM #2
In like 2002 or 2003 the mom of these two girls I'm friends with decided to take in an exchange student from Mexico. The girl was a total *****, had no respect for the mom at all, and I think ultimately got kicked out of the home/school and sent back early.
2006-06-30, 8:10 AM #3
Yeah, exchange students can either be horror stories, or absolutely perfect. I think it depends on the country.

My Japanese Delegate that stayed with us for 10 days was cool, but WAY too quiet. We speak ok Japanese, and she speaks rather good english, yet she still stayed in my room and didn't come out unless we were eating or going somewhere.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-06-30, 8:15 AM #4
There was a German exchange student in our school from Berlin last year. He was so freaking cool. He ended up hanging out with my friends and I all year long. Getting trashed with a German was a good time.
2006-06-30, 9:37 AM #5
When I asked one Spanish exchange student about wines, he told me Spanish wines are especially good. That advice hasn't failed me since then.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-06-30, 9:55 AM #6
There have been a lot of international students living at my house over the last three years. It's college, but it's been really cool. We've had people from:

England
Ireland
Sweden
Italy (4)
Chile
Argentina
Germany
China
Hong Kong
Taiwan
Australia

I'm sure there are moe that I'm forgetting
Pissed Off?
2006-06-30, 10:08 AM #7
We've hosted a few kids from France.

The guy was totally cool and his family and our family are good friends and whenever we're in France or they're in the Southeast US we make it a point to stop by.

The girl was completely antisocial and spoiled. All she did was sleep and complain about doing things.

I stayed with a host family last year in Brussels. They were completely cool and I feel bad that I didn't speak better French, but since I wasn't there to learn French, I didn't feel bad.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-06-30, 11:36 AM #8
I had a Japanese and German exchange student come to my school. But never stayed at my house.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-06-30, 11:37 AM #9
There have been many (though in school, not my home), some have been neat, some just people, and then there was this Austrian girl:

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/zmonks/zmonks23.jpg]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-06-30, 11:41 AM #10
There was a girl at your house, and you play computer games?
2006-06-30, 11:42 AM #11
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
There have been many, some have been neat, some just people, and then there was this Austrian girl:

FGR, your stories are epic.

Last year we had a german foriegn exchange student named Katarina, as some of you may remeber. She spoke good english and it was funny when she couldn't think of a proper word. She also hates peanut butter. We hang out with her most of the semester.

There's also this danish chick that hates America.
2006-06-30, 11:43 AM #12
Originally posted by Echoman:

That was school.
2006-06-30, 11:46 AM #13

Don't you get to play Red Alert at school?
2006-06-30, 11:52 AM #14
Hmm. I missed that information.

I fail.
2006-06-30, 3:58 PM #15
Originally posted by JediKirby:

My Japanese Delegate that stayed with us for 10 days was cool, but WAY too quiet. We speak ok Japanese, and she speaks rather good english, yet she still stayed in my room and didn't come out unless we were eating or going somewhere.

Thats normal.

In my experience, asian people never leave the safety of their rooms.

They're scared of western caucasian GIANTS!

*STOMP*
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-06-30, 11:23 PM #16
That must be why I see more Japanese tourists than other tourists in Finland, they're afraid. Awesome.
2006-07-01, 12:04 AM #17
Ruthven decides that all Japanese must be afraid of people in general when he finds that a majority of them run away from him. Little does he know, there's a flaw in his studies:

He rapes a majority of the asians he sees.

Moral of the story is:
Don't let Aaron touch your Asians.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-01, 12:23 AM #18
I'd never let him touch my Asian.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-01, 2:21 PM #19
I have this finger that is slightly more crooked than the other fingers.
一个大西瓜
2006-07-01, 2:33 PM #20
I *was* the foreign exchange student in Japan. I had a great time, and my serrogate family was awesome. :)
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-07-01, 2:42 PM #21
Back in high school, there was a german foreing student studying at are school. She had seriously the cutest of faces and I got to know her pretty well and she took a fancy in me.

But then I discovered she did not shave her armpits. That disgusted me.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-01, 3:39 PM #22
Originally posted by Yecti:
I *was* the foreign exchange student in Japan. I had a great time, and my serrogate family was awesome. :)

Oh yeah, me too.
一个大西瓜
2006-07-01, 3:43 PM #23
DO NOT ACCEPT THE FOREIGNERS!

THEY WILL DEFRAG YOUR HARD DRIVE!
2006-07-01, 3:46 PM #24
I remember I once moved mid-school year between towns, nothing big, had to change schools, it's OK, middle of seventh grade. I think it was February. So, at the new school, I became friends with this one kid named Vitali. He was cool, but whenever I had to spell-check or grammar-check his writing for class, it was abysmal. Seriously. I even used to rag on him, because in my family can't spell = st00pid.
End of the year rolls around, and the teachers are giving out awards, and... ugh, it still pains me to this day.
"The award for best improvement in language skills goes to Vitali!"
"What?" I asked the kid next to me, "How did he[/i[ get an award? Have you read his writing?"
"What the hell are you talking about, Brian?
He moved from the Ukraine in September and couldn't speak a word of English."

-Seriously, no accent or anything. I had been ragging on this guy for half a year because he couldn't write properly, turns out he learned to speak flawless English in two months.
2006-07-01, 4:03 PM #25
Watching T.V. does that.
2006-07-01, 9:51 PM #26
Originally posted by Anovis:
Watching T.V. does that.

Encino man.
2006-07-03, 8:18 AM #27

The last time I had girls at my house my age I played computer games. Should I browse Massassi instead?
2006-07-03, 12:46 PM #28
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Ruthven decides that all Japanese must be afraid of people in general when he finds that a majority of them run away from him. Little does he know, there's a flaw in his studies:

He rapes a majority of the asians he sees.

Moral of the story is:
Don't let Aaron touch your Asians.

Ummm, my name is Aaron and I'm part asian. Therefore, I can't touch myself?

Oh wait... that came out wrong...
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-03, 2:34 PM #29
Half of you can't touch half of yourself.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-07-03, 3:21 PM #30
Originally posted by Avenger:
I'd never let him touch my Asian.

Screw you guys, i'm going offline.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-07-03, 3:23 PM #31
:D

Just get one of your own. :P
Pissed Off?
2006-07-03, 5:03 PM #32
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The last time I had girls at my house my age I played computer games. Should I browse Massassi instead?

They were getting paid in cash so it didn't matter.

↑ Up to the top!