Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Real Or Fake
Real Or Fake
2006-07-01, 3:17 AM #1
I already found out the answer, i hope someone hasnt already posted something on this.

http://www.genpets.com/index.php
The day i tried to live,
I hung out on the powerlines
and let the martyrs stretch.
2006-07-01, 6:11 AM #2
come on this website is really interesting
The day i tried to live,
2006-07-01, 6:34 AM #3
Haha. Well, at least they bothered to make a more or less pro-looking website.
幻術
2006-07-01, 7:06 AM #4
I'm gonna go with fake.
I mean, really. Did you even have to ask?
2006-07-01, 8:43 AM #5
No way man, that's totally real. Didn't you read the MSN news about it? Completely real.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-01, 8:50 AM #6
totally fake, if it was real they'd at least have it out of the crappy packaging
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-07-01, 8:51 AM #7
It looks fake, but I wouldnt be suprised if its real, and if it is that's freaky. it even looks scary
2006-07-01, 12:57 PM #8
What ever the **** that thing is

[http://www.animenfo.com/users/ahp/omg/kill%20it%20with%20fire.jpg]
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-07-01, 1:30 PM #9
Better yet... http://www.petsovernight.com/

I want a whale! AND I WANT IT NOW.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-01, 1:55 PM #10
What I love about it is the site is so Pro looking, but doesn't actually tell you what the product is unless you go to the FAQ. :P
nope.
2006-07-01, 2:10 PM #11
Quote:
Do Genpets grow hair?
No. Genpets only grow a small amount of hair under their armpits.

lol. Those things are freaky. If those were real wouldnt that be considered inhumane to just package up a living thing? And what would you do with them after they die? That is ****ing weird.

These two pictures are too cheesey to be taken seriously.
2006-07-01, 2:53 PM #12
Its fake, and old newz:P If I recall there is somewhere on the site saying it is fake as well.
2006-07-02, 10:02 AM #13
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/genpets.asp
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2006-07-02, 12:50 PM #14
Snopes: It's There For **** Like That.™
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-07-02, 1:15 PM #15
:0

Quote:
Today, we are well within the process of desensitizing an upcoming generation towards accepting bioengineering as “natural”. I see this generation slowly and systematically being desensitized towards owning and manipulating life through toys such as Tamagotchis, and Furbies. Toys that mimic living creatures but carry no weight of responsibility with them. Individually these objects are harmless, however when analysing the trends in consumption on a larger scale, we can see that with every new toy the envelope is pushed a little further. Bioengineered pets could not have been acceptable yesterday, but they are today. Boundaries have been eroded.

I fear that this is leading us onto a dangerous path of objectifying living matter even more than we do so today and Genpets is my interpretation of how such a relationship would look. We have artificially separated ourselves from nature and refer to the organic as 'product'.

Any new technology can bring with it both positive and negative ramifications. However we must ask questions every step of the way. I see how we treat the life already surrounding us that we have no moral claim over and I fear for any life brought into the world through the act of genetic manipulation; Life that would inherently have patented DNA. It would not be far fetched to assume that any such creation would have no rights of its own and be subject to whatever treatment deemed necessary upon it. Whether by testing, or packaging, this life would be a commodity of less value than any we have today. Genpets is meant to ask questions about a great deal of issues by providing a tangible example of a possible future.
2006-07-02, 11:00 PM #16
yah the artist made a shopping display somewhere in america or canada i dont remember, but people were buying it and children were screaming that they wanted it.

now that seems insane to me.
i'll look for the link later.
The day i tried to live,
2006-07-02, 11:24 PM #17
http://www.brandejs.ca/portfolio5/gp01.php

The artist also has a DeviantArt Account where I first saw these...
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2006-07-03, 7:12 AM #18
He used the word digital paintings.

And now I have to hate him.

↑ Up to the top!