Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I think I broke my toe...
I think I broke my toe...
2006-07-01, 6:59 AM #1
...but from the little I looked online, there's not really a good way to tell short of an X-Ray. Hurts like crazy, and I did it last night (9 hours ago).

In fact, I hurt it going to bed! It's my pinky toe. It wasn't the usual I-just-bashed-my-toe-into-something kind of pain.

Share your own broken toe stories so I can guess whether mines busted or not and figure out what to do (which will likely be "nothing".)
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-01, 7:05 AM #2
I broke my pinko toe going into my basement a few years back. I was running down the stairs barefoot and as I moved down to the next step my pinky caught on the previous step while the rest moved forth. Hurt like a ***** (and broke)

It got swelled up and purple and ****, but I just let it healed. Its still crooked a bit, but its all healed.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-01, 8:10 AM #3
Broke my pinky toe by closing a door on it a few years back.

If you go to a doctor they'll tell you if it's broken but there's nothing they can medically do for it. Dont bother going unless you need a certificate to get out of work.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-01, 8:23 AM #4
Quote:
I broke my pinko toe...

Good, if one of my toes was a communist I'd brake it too.

Anyway, I've never broken any bones (knock on wood) though I have dislocated a couple bones, none have ever broken.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2006-07-01, 8:49 AM #5
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
Good, if one of my toes was a communist I'd brake it too.

Words from my mouth. Haha.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-01, 10:16 AM #6
Commie toes!!
2006-07-01, 10:36 AM #7
ah yeah not much they can do for the pinky toe, get some tape and tape it to your other toe.

To just make you guys say ow now here is a way to break your big toe, be like my dad, and try to shape a piece of aluminum with and hammer and an a hunk of rail road iron that is not secured to the workbench.

Could see the rail iron bouncing on that wooden table after wacking it with a hammer. and mom had one of those -you'll-poke-your-eye-out-moments, hey maybe you should just do that on the garage floor, that thing might end up falling off the work bench and breaking your toes.

Being a man, and being a husband, and he must of just filtered out what she had to say and kept hammering at this sheet of aluminum. It was about five minutes later i heard a loud clang of some big chunk of metal hitting the floor, plus the distinct sound of dad cussing.

the peice of rail road iron, punched through his shoe, his sock, the nail of his big toe, laying it open and cracking the bone. becuse of the open wound then it was a good idea to get medical attention. it puffed up so much they had to do something to relieve pressure of blood and fluid under the nail.
2006-07-01, 11:37 AM #8
I got my big toe stepped on in lacrosse practice when I was in high school by the biggest guy on the team. All the guy's weight focused through one of the dclets on his heal. It really messed me up.

Unless it's dislocated, the doctor won't be able to do anythng.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-01, 11:56 AM #9
I've broken both little toes on door frames.

I've broken the toe next to my big toe kicking my mate in the shin though when he was just being a complete *******. I was ever so slightly drunk if I remember.
nope.
2006-07-01, 11:57 AM #10
It's either broken or jammed REALLY bad. It's starting to turn blue, and it hurts like ****!

[crybaby]

Waaaaaaaaaaaa!

[/crybaby]
2006-07-01, 12:01 PM #11
One time my computer crashed after doing something important, and I was furious, so I'm storming up the stairs and what do I do? I SLAM my toe into one of the stairs. I honestly can say I haven't been that enraged in my life. I had to destroy something. So I found my keychain which had a little flash light thing and proceeded to smash it to peices against my wall. It helped.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-01, 12:53 PM #12
I never broke any toes (or fingers), but I did broke a toe-nail. It was painful and nasty.

*shudder*
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-01, 10:02 PM #13
Last summer at Cedar Point I broke my toe, and I'm not even sure how. All of a sudden I just noticed it hurt like hell, it was all swollen and although it was very red there were two spots that were white, like the way your knuckles get when you clench a fist. I didn't bother going to the hospital, but my girlfriend's sister is a nurse and checked it out, she confirmed it was broken. Hurt for like a month or so, still does sometimes if I do something weird.

The funny part is I think I actually broke it myself. I crack my toes a lot (like a person cracks their knuckles) but pushing them back against the opposite foot, I think I might have done it at a weird angle or pushed too hard.
2006-07-01, 10:04 PM #14
I rolled a dolly loaded with an 80 kilo wood lathe over my toes today, but I don't think any of them are broken. No pain. :)
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-01, 10:27 PM #15
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
I rolled a dolly loaded with an 80 kilo wood lathe over my toes today

That was a silly thing to do. You need better forms of entertainment. ;)

And yes, my toe still hurts. It's purple all along one side, so I don't know if it's really broken or cracked or just jammed like crazy. I'm definitely NOT getting an X-Ray. I don't think our new crappy insurance would pay for it.
2006-07-02, 9:42 AM #16
badly smashed my pinky toe on door corners, speaker corners, trashcash corners.

I have this terrible way of turning around corners it seems. but i never broke anything
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-07-02, 10:13 AM #17
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
I rolled a dolly loaded with an 80 kilo wood lathe over my toes today, but I don't think any of them are broken. No pain. :)

A car ran over my hand once, didn't hurt at all, the tire just deformed around my hand.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-07-02, 10:26 AM #18
Wow, lucky the tire pressure was low.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!