Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Descent...who's going to see it?
The Descent...who's going to see it?
2006-07-01, 1:00 PM #1
http://www.thedescentfilm.com/

Coming August 4th

watch the trailer one of the reviewers said its one of the best films since Alien...so here goes the uproar...are you all going to watch it, or do you think no such thing could be possible?

Discuss
2006-07-01, 1:04 PM #2
Where is the **** No option?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-01, 1:07 PM #3
That would be "Hah. Yeah Right"
Pissed Off?
2006-07-01, 1:10 PM #4
Salvador Dali does not approve.
Attachment: 12727/sali2.jpg (87,868 bytes)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-01, 1:11 PM #5
did I just go back in time?
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-07-01, 1:14 PM #6
lol, im curious to see it, but then again im normally up for most horror films

Like the whole "oo its a cave" doesnt scare me, but the parts showing things busting out of the water and that thing standing behind the girl that looks like a zombie I think it might have potential. I just hope its scary because I've seen nothing truly scary as of late
2006-07-01, 1:22 PM #7

User Comments:

110 out of 143 people found the following comment useful:-
Gripping Horror/Thriller, 9 July 2005
8/10
Author: HairyMart1 from Sheffield, UK

If you've seen the trailer you'll know what your going to get – suspenseful, claustrophobic thriller, when horrible things happen to a group exploring a cave system.

Sounds simple but the direction is top notch, good performances from all involved and it somehow manages to dodge most current horror/thriller clichés to deliver a well paced film, filled with enough jump inducing moments to even give this harden horror buff a few scares ! I was so glad I saw this during the day – stepping out into warm sunshine after seeing this film was such a relief after 90 min of on-screen darkness and terror
2006-07-01, 1:27 PM #8
Guess it was already out in the UK, any of you UK fellas seen it? Insight?

this is a quote from the Joblo.com forum

Luke-Abbott
Super Schmoe

Fav Movie: Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn

Its a crime that "The Descent" has just started to come out for you folks in the US, I got this film on DVD a couple of days ago ('missed out its cinema release in the UK sadly) and I gotta agree with the quote on my cover "The Best British Horror Film since 28 Days Later" but not just since 28 Days Later, in my opinion its the Best British Horror in ages!

I was also surprised with this movie whereas Neil Marshall's "Dog Soldiers" was a cheesy, fun-as-hell, B-movie, splatter-fest, "The Descent" is a chilling, sit-at-the-edge-of-your-seat, nail-biting, claustrophobic, terrifying horror movie experience! For real. But the best thing about this film is character development, theres a good amount of it and just enough for us to care about the all-female cast.

Brilliant movie, I recommend it to any horror fan!
2006-07-01, 2:00 PM #9
Wasn't this out like... Months ago?
幻術
2006-07-01, 2:19 PM #10
Aw dammit, I thought it was a movie about the Descent game series.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-07-01, 2:51 PM #11
Originally posted by Koobie:
Wasn't this out like... Months ago?

came out last year in UK comes out in August on the 4th in US
2006-07-01, 2:57 PM #12
Wasnt it called something else? The Cave or something?

I saw a preview screening... it was stupid... feh. That is, if it was the same movie.

Edit: I see it's a different movie. It's probally still crap.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-07-01, 3:10 PM #13
if you wanna see 2 hours of screaming *****es in caves getting chased by supermonkeys, then be my guest, i thought it was a tad overrated.

actually no, i thought it was crap, cheap scares that just make you jump and subpar acting throughout.
2006-07-01, 3:17 PM #14
i saw it. dont go. it's crap.
(oh and it was out months ago....)
Pie.

↑ Up to the top!