Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Vertigo
Vertigo
2006-07-02, 12:57 PM #1
Since about ten days ago, I've felt rather dizzy. Once I start moving, my center of balance feels like it's changed or disapeared. I was sick when it first started, so I thought that maybe the constant nose blowing was affecting the fluid in my inner ear somehow. However, I'm in normal health now, or at least I would be if I didn't feel like I'm about to fall over.

Do any of you massassians have any experience with this sort of thing?
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-07-02, 1:01 PM #2
Sometimes I get it for no reason, and it lasts for hours. It usually goes away on it's own though.

I can only assume it's an ear problem, since my ears are always getting infected / screwed up
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-02, 1:06 PM #3
I only get that when I'm drunk really.

That, or when my hayfever takes a turn for the worst on a way too hot day. :/
2006-07-02, 1:08 PM #4
Few times, usually if I get somehow really tired. Usually I mix up visions of nuclear wars, killerstorms and timestretching with that, though.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-02, 1:08 PM #5
Or, it could be psychic powers awakening or something. Next time it happens try to set something on fire with your mind.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-07-02, 1:55 PM #6
I use to have nose-bleeding problems, but it didn't affect my balance. :confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-02, 2:00 PM #7
Originally posted by Echoman:
I use to have nose-bleeding problems, but it didn't affect my balance. :confused:

Well that helps, haha.
2006-07-02, 2:03 PM #8
yeah i get really dizzy with it comes to heights. who knows. there are pictures of me as a little kid in germany up by the castles there and on ledges you know...my parents have me propped up for the photo and its a steep drop on the other side and I look like im clinging to my mom for dear life lol

Anyways yeah, when I get high up I get dizzy and feel disoriented and dont like to look over ledges because I feel like i'll lose my balance and fall
2006-07-02, 2:04 PM #9
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight:
yeah i get really dizzy with it comes to heights. who knows. there are pictures of me as a little kid in germany up by the castles there and on ledges you know...my parents have me propped up for the photo and its a steep drop on the other side and I look like im clinging to my mom for dear life lol

Anyways yeah, when I get high up I get dizzy and feel disoriented and dont like to look over ledges because I feel like i'll lose my balance and fall

That also helps, seeing as I live 14ft above sea level.
2006-07-02, 2:10 PM #10
Oh yea hehe. Well im in FL, which I think in some parts is below sea level.

Sometimes when my family visits Puerto Rico though, we go up in the mountains there and they are like old dirt roads with steep cliffs on the side...beh I dont even like looking out the window at those times, but if I dont I get car sick! haha

But yeah, like the times we went to Arecibo, PR (where the big satellite dish is) you have to go up in the hills and its kinda freaky. Especially looking down into the deep dish, I tend to not really lean over, but try to see it from a bit back hehe

I'm weird, but I think my fear of heights is why I also dont like rollercoasters.
2006-07-02, 2:24 PM #11
UNO, DOS, TRES, CATORCE!

hope that makes you feel better.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-07-02, 2:31 PM #12
Inner. Ear. Infection.

When I had surgery two Christmases ago, I came home from the hospital and ended up with an inner ear infection. I couldn't sit up without getting dizzy and puking.

See a doc.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-02, 5:51 PM #13
Could just be dehydrated. I get woozy if I don't drink enough water, and twice in the past month or so I've completely lost my balance while sitting still in front of my computer. It's really wierd to suddenly see the world tilt 45 degrees to the left...
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-07-02, 6:07 PM #14
Mine isn't any where near that bad. It's just sort of woozy. Kind of like the feeling you get when you walk on land after being on a boat for a long time.

I'll try drinking more, taking some vitamins, and setting a more regular sleep pattern. If things don't get better I suppose I should find my way to a doctor.

I'll also try setting stuff on fire with my mind :psyduck:

↑ Up to the top!