Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The ice cream man.
The ice cream man.
2006-07-02, 1:54 PM #1
I'm curious.

How many people are living/staying in a town where an ice truck roams around? During these summer days, I see the signature white, advertisement-covered truck atleast once a day. I know some of these guys just use a bell, but they usually play the charming music around here. They don't go to my street though.

Anyway, I'm also curious if countries other than the US have ice cream trucks going around warming the hearts of greedy children? I'm guessing climate plays a factor. :)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-07-02, 1:55 PM #2
They are all over southern Ontario.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2006-07-02, 1:57 PM #3
yeah its a new neighborhood. We've only been in this house like 2 or 3 years. But yes, the ice cream man comes right up our street and normally stops pretty close to in front of our home, because there is a whole bunch of little kids in the neighborhood. They are normally playing outside a lot, and go get ice cream when the ice cream man comes.
2006-07-02, 1:58 PM #4
Every monday I hear the same damn ice cream truck melody, which I've heard around here (not necessarily every monday, but usually) for 12 years. Last time I bought something there was around that time too.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-02, 1:59 PM #5
There's been an ice cream van driving around since I was born. Always stops right across the road from my house, too, although I haven't bought anything from him in years and years. Plays 'Teddy Bears' Picnic'.
2006-07-02, 2:05 PM #6
We've always had them all year round here. I can usually hear the annoying music, but I never see the actual van nowadays. :/

Ghost cream?
nope.
2006-07-02, 2:33 PM #7
Yeah, they come through our neighborhood about every other day. Psychos, I tells ya.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-02, 2:49 PM #8
One always passes by my work. Also, in the park near my house, we have an old man with an ice cream cart.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-07-02, 3:28 PM #9
No ice cream trucks where I live, or where I lived when I was growing up. A colleg campus isn't an ideal place for and ice cream man, and there were only a handful of kids in the neighborhood where I grew up.
Pissed Off?
2006-07-02, 3:58 PM #10
Yeah. Like FG, I'd hardly call the melody charming... I think I bought ice-cream from the truck years ago. Maybe once or twice.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-07-02, 4:27 PM #11
I always missed the ice cream man because I was at camp. I would only be able to catch him on weekends.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-07-02, 4:48 PM #12
Oh... I... had a little chickie that wouldn't lay an egg,
So I poured hot water up and down it's leg,
and the little chickie cried and the little chickie begged,
and the little chickie layed a hard-boiled egg!

Hehe, loved that tune.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-07-02, 6:12 PM #13
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Every monday I hear the same damn ice cream truck melody, which I've heard around here (not necessarily every monday, but usually) for 12 years. Last time I bought something there was around that time too.

I knew that was an FGRism without even reading the name!

I used to get ice cream from the ice cream truck. Now I get it from my freezer. :P

2006-07-02, 10:10 PM #14
Originally posted by sugarless5:
I always missed the ice cream man because I was at camp. I would only be able to catch him on weekends.

But those days brought you to me, which in turn brought you here.

And we can all agree that turned out better than frozen confections.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-07-03, 12:05 AM #15
I heard the ice cream man today in the middle of playing a bit of online poker. I was craving ice cream too. He was playing that oh-so-familiar toon.

Da da da da, da da, da da.

da da da da, da da, da da, daaaaa.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-07-03, 12:08 AM #16
Yes, an ice cream truck does come around here. The man is a hippy guy with long hair and smells like weed.
Attachment: 12854/mr_whoopee.jpg (41,476 bytes)
2006-07-03, 12:14 AM #17
Originally posted by fishstickz:
But those days brought you to me, which in turn brought you here.

And we can all agree that turned out better than frozen confections.

especially since I could always get some candy at camp. Well, until they decided that one small diabetic girl shouldn't be spending $20 on candy that is. oops.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-07-03, 12:25 AM #18
Who couldn't spend less that $20 for candy?
2006-07-03, 2:18 AM #19
We have an ice cream man on a motorbike that passes by once in a while. Not very regularly though.
2006-07-03, 2:27 AM #20
Originally posted by gothicX:
We have an ice cream man on a motorbike that passes by once in a while. Not very regularly though.

Are you sure that's not a sexual predator?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-07-03, 3:47 AM #21
Yes, there are icecream vans going around where I live. (Holland) In every neighbourhood I've lived, so far.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-03, 6:01 AM #22
Originally posted by sugarless5:
especially since I could always get some candy at camp. Well, until they decided that one small diabetic girl shouldn't be spending $20 on candy that is. oops.

Seriously. Those freaking health nazis.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!