Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Somebody voted this man into office
Somebody voted this man into office
2006-07-02, 6:01 PM #1
http://blog.wired.com/27BStroke6/?entry_id=1512499

Make sure you listen to the audio: http://media.publicknowledge.org/stevens-on-nn.mp3

The part that really gets me is when he starts explaining that "people who are streaming through 10,12 movies at a time, or a whole book at a time, for..for..for...for consumer's use, those are not you and me. They're not the consumers. They're the providers."

What a moron. He's trying to argue that we don't need net neutrality provisions because we're consumers and we don't need the speed that commercial interests need.

And then there's this gem:
"I just the other day got, an internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?"

Does this man even speak English? He obviously doesn't understand how the internet works. He says he got "an internet" at a slow pace "because it got tangled up with all these things going on the internet commercially."

Why is someone like this even allowed to make decisions about something he obviously has no idea about. This is the House of Representatives debate all over again (I watched a good deal of the net neutrality debate on C-SPAN one day. Though really only one amendment dealt with net neutrality, a number of representatives were arguing that the whole bill was not about fair use of networks, but about lowering cable rates for their districts).
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-07-02, 6:11 PM #2
Now I'm a bit glad they didn't pass the bill. I don't like the idea of people makeing laws about things they have no clue about.
2006-07-02, 6:15 PM #3
Huh? I thought that was their job?

2006-07-02, 6:21 PM #4
Even I have a better understanding of the Internet and Networks than that bloke.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2006-07-02, 10:02 PM #5
That's... pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-02, 10:16 PM #6
What a barbarian.
2006-07-02, 11:50 PM #7
I got an internet the other day, it was awesome.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2006-07-03, 12:53 AM #8
What always frightens me is that with all the politicians barbling garbage about things I do understand, how much garbage are they saying about things I don't understand?
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-03, 7:04 AM #9
I'm still waiting on my internet to come in the mail.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."

↑ Up to the top!