Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → All you AOL users out there....HELP!
All you AOL users out there....HELP!
2006-07-04, 1:20 PM #1
So my brother and I have not been getting along this summer at all. We've been at each others throats ever since I got home last month. To make a long story short, I did something to him, he did something to me, I did something to him and then he went on my AOL account and deleted my Buddy Lists. I had over 250 people on them and can only remember a few of the exact names.

Is there any possible way in Hell to get them back?? I have searched the hard drives of all the computers I used AOL on...nothing. I am pretty desperate here so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
2006-07-04, 1:27 PM #2
Kill him. I'd kill my little brother if he did anything that damaging to me.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-04, 1:38 PM #3
heh, AOL stores buddy lists on their servers. you *might* be able to call them and beg to find out if they can restore it... but i doubt it's going to happen.
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2006-07-04, 1:40 PM #4
It's time to kick him in the balls so hard he can't have children.
2006-07-04, 1:43 PM #5
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Kill him. I'd kill my little brother if he did anything that damaging to me.

Originally posted by Rob:
It's time to kick him in the balls so hard he can't have children.

If I thought it would help me get the list back, believe me, It would already have happened...x10!
2006-07-04, 1:45 PM #6
First thing's first. Dump AOL. Second thing, unless you made a backup, I think that list is gone. I know AIM allows you to make a disk copy of your buddy list just for these type of issues.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-07-04, 1:47 PM #7
Do it anyway for him being a little prick. That's like throwing my mom's contact book out the window and into our pond, with all the phone numbers of her college friends in it that she can't get back.

Kick his *** and end it right now. Do what Rob said and kick him so hard in the crotch his testicals explode. And if they don't, he's in a lot of pain.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-04, 1:56 PM #8
In todays crossword there was 70 across "Fast internet ISP"

.. Three letters. Guess what. Began with A. Ended with L.
2006-07-04, 3:12 PM #9
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]In todays crossword there was 70 across "Fast internet ISP"

.. Three letters. Guess what. Began with A. Ended with L.[/QUOTE]

What has this world come to?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-07-04, 4:27 PM #10
i dont know how AIM works because ive never used it, but i have trillian and it keeps logs of all the people i talk to on AIM. maybe check if there's a "logs" folder in your AIM folder. the names i have are like [person'sscreenname].log and there's hundreds of them. you could add them back like that if AIM logs your convos.
2006-07-04, 4:47 PM #11
i have aol, and i got bad news for yeah. you computer doesnt keep your buddylist its always on the aol server......so inless they got a backup your SOL. sorry
Matt
2006-07-04, 5:15 PM #12
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
First thing's first. Dump AOL. Second thing, unless you made a backup, I think that list is gone. I know AIM allows you to make a disk copy of your buddy list just for these type of issues.

You forgot three.

PASSWORDS ARE YOUR FRIEND.

He can't log into your account and delete your buddy list IF HE NEEDS A PASSWORD.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-07-04, 5:43 PM #13
well everyone needs password, but aol automaticly saves it and you have to turn it off yourself
Matt
2006-07-04, 8:09 PM #14
Well, I would recommend you go back in time and make a backup of your buddy list.

... but since you can't, you should try to do it in the future. :o

2006-07-04, 8:22 PM #15
[QUOTE=Squirrel King] .. Three letters. Guess what. Began with A. Ended with L.[/QUOTE]

ASL?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-07-04, 9:09 PM #16
Originally posted by Avp2MattJa:
well everyone needs password, but aol automaticly saves it and you have to turn it off yourself

That's no excuse at all. A password is useless if it's never needed.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2006-07-04, 10:33 PM #17
It keeps people from logging into your account from other machines. The "remember me" option is purely client-side.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-07-04, 10:39 PM #18
Your problem is that you're useing AOL.
2006-07-04, 10:43 PM #19
OK, it's not that bad but it's getting annoying.

He's not using AOL's internet service from the sound of it. HE'S USING AIM. Big difference. Quit harrassing him for it.

Sorry for that, but it's just getting on my nerves.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-05, 10:18 AM #20
Originally posted by Wolfy:
It keeps people from logging into your account from other machines. The "remember me" option is purely client-side.

I'm aware of that. My point is that on a family shared computer, that's still a very BAD idea, for multiple reasons, one of which he has proven.
Last Stand
2006-07-05, 11:15 PM #21
Sounds like it's the END OF THE WORLD, to me.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-05, 11:16 PM #22
AOL...more like LOL

omfglolol

↑ Up to the top!