Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Yahoo Mail is squirming
Yahoo Mail is squirming
2004-06-22, 7:30 PM #1
952 unread messages: (You are currently using 3% of your 100MB account)

It's funny, because 99% of those messages are all OMG BUY A CREDIT KARD AND MAKE j00R WANG LARGER! Well, my wang is already larger because I am using G-mail.

Yahoo bumps up to 100MB accounts. G-mail at 1GB. But I have to admit 100MB will last anyone a lifetime, I mean 952 messages...most of it spam in my bulk folder, some of which are like 15k messages, and only 3%? I don't think I am ever going to use up that 100MB account on Yahoo nevermind my 1GB account on G-mail. But the reason I'm sticking to g-mail is because the interface is a helluvalot better, and easier to use, and I don't get any spam.

Let us use this thread to Post all the Company vs. Company deals, and in the end which one was better?

Ex. New Coke Products vs New Pepsi Products
The latest Radeon vs. The latest GeForce

I'm going to say Yahoo vs. Google, and I say Google is all around more user friendly. Not just the webmail but the websites too.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-23, 12:17 AM #2
The only advantage Yahoo has is that you can delete messages. I'll probably never have to worry about that with a gig though, so it's not even much of an advantage.

Yahoo is a lot better than Hotmail though. I was all set to switch to Yahoo, but then I got Gmail.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-23, 2:56 AM #3
The emails in your bulk folder do not count towards your total.

I had over 2000 messages in my bulk folder when I checked it last. I was only using 1% of my 100mb

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-06-23, 3:33 AM #4
Let's see... 100 meg of inbox space, bulk mail files don't count toward it, nobody can search my emails by using google..

Yeah I think Yahoo is better than G-Mail. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-06-23, 5:18 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Let's see... 100 meg of inbox space, bulk mail files don't count toward it, nobody can search my emails by using google..

Yeah I think Yahoo is better than G-Mail. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif] they can't search your mail, idiot.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-23, 10:46 AM #6
Ahem, I'm pretty sure there was mention somewhere that someone would be searching your email. Hence the no delete thing. I just heard that people could search your email in google searches.

Thank you for the undeserved insult though, I'm glad theres still mature people out there. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
2004-06-23, 10:53 AM #7
must. continue. roll-eye. trend.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-06-23, 11:10 AM #8
Quote:
Ahem, I'm pretty sure there was mention somewhere that someone would be searching your email. Hence the no delete thing. I just heard that people could search your email in google searches.

Thank you for the undeserved insult though, I'm glad theres still mature people out there. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

</font>

Your wrong, just so you know. On every count.

First, yes, you can delete your email, I've done it like 5 times already on GMail. Second, the "Search" deal you are confused with is, YOU can search your own email, when you are logged in. NO ONE ELSE can. That is, unless you give them your username and password and let them log into GMail.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
Make Sorrowind Worthwhile... join it! http://sorrowind.net
2004-06-23, 11:18 AM #9
Ah ok, I'm sorry I misunderstood then. I was just told by a friend that people could search through your own messages. Could've sworn I also saw it mentioned in an earlier thread on here.

Thank you for being mature about it, Matty. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]

------------------
2004-06-23, 11:31 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Yahoo bumps up to 100MB accounts. G-mail at 1GB.</font>
My Yahoo mailbox is 2GB.
Me = win.

------------------
Genesis 22:2-5 - And God said unto Abraham "You must kill your son, Isaac." And Abraham said "What? I can't hear you! You'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said "Check, check, check, check. Jerry, can you pull the high end out. I'm getting some hiss up here."
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical CodeĀ® (NECĀ®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-06-23, 11:34 AM #11
Why would you pay $20 a year for a 2GB inbox? G-mail is 1GB and it's free. I'll be getting invites soon, all you had to do was ask ^_^

OSCEmpire account = some crazy like 5GB or something

Me=win

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 23, 2004).]
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-23, 11:35 AM #12
My Gmail account was free.
Me = win.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-06-23, 1:37 PM #13
I recently switched over to Gmail and I like it more then Yahoo. At the end of Yahoo emails, those's always a dumb advertisement made by Yahoo. There are also more advertisement ads on the Yahoo email interface. Of course there is always the 1 GB vs. 100 MB deal.
2004-06-23, 7:45 PM #14
Quote:
Ah ok, I'm sorry I misunderstood then. I was just told by a friend that people could search through your own messages. Could've sworn I also saw it mentioned in an earlier thread on here.

Thank you for being mature about it, Matty. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/cool.gif]

</font>

Thank you for acting arrogant afterwards like you know what the heck you're talking about. I acted "immature" because it's people like you that might just ruin GMail for people like me. Those that don't bother to get the facts.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-24, 12:04 AM #15
*shungs* imho i prefer using my isp e-mail system w/ an squirlmail on my own linux computer so i can access my e-mail anywhere and when i'm at the computer i can use thunderbird which has automated junkmail filter if not i can also use spam assassin.

*shungs* i'm just wondering what the fess is about these free e-mail services, i already got a e-mail w/ my isp so why not use that? and i got 475 gig of storage on my computer so more than enuff for e-mails :P

------------------
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2004-06-25, 8:08 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Why would you pay $20 a year for a 2GB inbox?</font>
Who said I did? I get DSL through Yahoo & SBC. The 2GB mailbox is free. And there's no way in hell I'd use all that for e-mail, unless I stupidly saved every message I ever received.
Supposedly, yahoo briefcase was supposed to expand to 2GB, too, but I've yet to see that happen. Who cares.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited June 25, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!