Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I've done the unimaginable
I've done the unimaginable
2006-07-05, 11:22 PM #1
A friend of mine was able to doop me in to buying EQ II somehow. Anyone here play it? Anyone know how to open up the buddy list? Well gimme a two-for-one deal and gimme your name and the button that opens it (plz).

My character's names is Elfsnake in the game, btw. I cant recall the name of the sever I'm on, but I know it starts with an N.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-07-05, 11:24 PM #2
Cool game, but I heard they ditched the original profession system in favor of the way every other MMORPG does it. Sad.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-05, 11:27 PM #3
EQII is much more complicated than most MMO's. It's like NWN in a way too, in which you can have so many options on something, say, when you kill something.

Loot the money?
Loot the items?
Loot the items and the money?
Loot half the money?
Eat it?
Poke it?
Walk away?

It's very complex, but the graphics are beautiful.

Leveling will be a pain unless you're in a guild.

The spells are not as fun as the original EQ, but they're much better than WoW's limited ability.

More classes and races = better.

Jereiaki, 10 Druid before quitting due to annoyances with low end computer perfomrance for the game.
2006-07-05, 11:35 PM #4
Why can't you loot the items AND the money?

Oh you can.

I don't get it.
2006-07-06, 4:13 AM #5
Can you poke the items and eat the money?

I like unnecessarily complex RPGs, figuring out the mechanics adds a lot of replay value. As the complete reverse of this, a good physics system adds replay as well, I can lose an hour just throwing milk cartons around in HL2.

It's the simple things in life... and the complex ones. :)
2006-07-06, 4:40 AM #6
You'd probably like auto assualt then.

It's medium complex, and features havok 2 physics.

Blowing up buildings and fences is so god damn fun, because the debri just goes all over the place!
2006-07-06, 5:10 AM #7
I played EQ2 for quite some time and it was quite entertaining. The one thing that annoys me about it are the landmass restrictions. By that I mean that you feel very very restricted in what you can explore, at what level. Things might have changed since I played though, I started at release. In terms of system itself, I prefered EQ2 to WoW's and while the graphics were for the most part quite beautiful, a lot of it felt shiny and repetitive. A lot of useless and tedious running around the two huge cities (Freeport or Queinos) could get annoying at times. I did prefer WoW's exploration and diversity to EQ2's though. And wow and some Pirate themes. <3

All in all though, EQ2 would get my vote over WoW in terms of gameplay and graphics. WoW gets my vote in terms of style and exploration and pirates!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-07-06, 5:59 AM #8
I started playing EVE Online. Anyone else who plays it here?
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-07-06, 6:37 AM #9
Originally posted by Simbachu:

I tried to 7 day trial or whatever it was. The graphics were pretty... gameplay didn't really excite me :v:
2006-07-06, 6:44 AM #10
Is EVE at all similar in gameplay to Earth and Beyond? Oddly enough, I kind of enjoyed that one, just wandering around excavating ore from asteroids and looking at the planets.
2006-07-06, 6:56 AM #11
Kinda. Exept you have an entirely player-run economy and lots of great pvp.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-07-06, 8:03 AM #12
I elfed my orc to level knight.
2006-07-06, 9:39 AM #13

I really, really want to.
D E A T H
2006-07-06, 9:47 AM #14
[url]www.eve-online.com/pcgamersweden[/url]

14 day trial
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-07-06, 10:23 AM #15
[url]www.eve-online.com/pcgamersweden[/url]

14 day trial

I'd end up paying for it with money I don't have :p
D E A T H