Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Connection Problem, please read
Connection Problem, please read
2004-06-25, 6:38 AM #1
So my modem is messing up, and I have a connection problem on my comp. I'm running a Zone Alarm firewall and have a linksys router - they've worked fine up until about a week ago.

My connection to the internet will work fine for about half an hour, then cut out for a few minutes, then come back and stay up for about half an hour.

Anybody having a similar problem? Anyone have any help? ::needs it::

Thank you very much.
In advance.
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2004-06-25, 6:41 AM #2
heh, I thought this was a "personal" topic to Connection Problem. Was going to chide you for not following the rules.

------------------
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
http://www.writings-emag.net The next big thing since individually wrapped cheese slices (coming soon).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-06-25, 6:46 AM #3
#1 Who is your ISP?
#2 I'm having a similar problem, though not as frequently as you. I think it's my router.

------------------
The Devious Server
2004-06-25, 7:35 AM #4
Heh, the topic made me jump....

But about your problem, I had similar one once, but it turned out to be my ISP's problem. You should call them and ask if they are having problems on their end, sorry I don't have a definite solution.
2004-06-26, 5:14 AM #5
I thought I was the only one with a problem like this.

This problem affects my games, every 5 minutes to 2 hours I would get pinged out of a game, and I would have to wait for my other self to be kicked from the server for extrememly high ping.
It would affect IRC, (everyone knows about this for me), and I would get a ping timeout too, client side first.
It also affects AIM, MSN, ICQ, and Xfire, getting disconnected and reconnected.
Sometimes its really bad and I can't get on for a few minutes.
This can happen anywhere from every 5 minutes to some times every 2 hours to even every few days.

I have Adelphia Cable (don't think it is that, but they do suck at providing good cable speeds and bandwidth).
I also have a MultiTech RF500S Router. There are 2 computers attached to it and a hub attached with 3 computers attached to that.

I don't remember having this problem when we didn't have a router, and we used one of the computers and a hub for the internet.

------------------
A computer's worst nightmare:

[This message has been edited by gammasts.]
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2004-06-26, 5:52 AM #6
I have comcast wireless cable, and about every 45 seconds my internet loses connection for about 2 seconds then pops back on. Litterally every 45 seconds. It doesn't affect things like surfing, mIRC, AIM ect because it's so quick, but in games i get a connection problem and it can be very annoying if trying to play...I wish I knew how to fix this [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Maker of the Levels:
Sand Trap
Sand Trap (Night)

Writer/Author of the fanfic: Dragonball Aftershock

_.~'AKA DBF_SuperSaiyan'~._
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

↑ Up to the top!