Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fahrenheit 9/11 (NON-Debate thread) Take 2
Fahrenheit 9/11 (NON-Debate thread) Take 2
2004-06-26, 11:55 AM #1
Here is how you don't debate

"I saw (didn't see) this film it was (I heard it was) good (bad). This film entertained (did not entertain) me. I agree (do not agree) with what Michael Moore points out in this documentary. This film was very well (poorly) made."

I saw this film today and it was good. This film entertained me, it was funny when it needed to be but serious for the most part. I agree with what Michael Moore says in this documentary. This film was very well made, more so then Bowling for Columbine in my opinion. So, has anyone else seen this film? I reccomend you all do.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson
Think while it's still legal.
2004-06-26, 12:10 PM #2
IMDB has a pretty interesting rundown/review or whatever of the movie.

I have [not] seen this movie, it was [unseen], therefore [blue mink bifocals!].

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
"If all those usefull inventions that are lyable to abuse, should therefore be concealed, there is not any Art or Science, which might be lawfully profest."
-John Wilkins, Mercury, or the Secret and Swift messenger, shewing how a man may with privacy and speed Communicate his thoughts to a Friend at any distance (London, 1641)
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-06-26, 1:36 PM #3
I might be seeing it tonight

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-06-26, 1:53 PM #4
PnHobbit shut up. NOW. Shut your filthy mouth please. You didn't see the film, you can't judge it. Want to argue with me more? e-mail me at sajn_master@oscempire.net. I am not going to say it again. STOP TRYING TO TURN THIS INTO A DEBATE. Learn to read english! NO DEBATE. Just say one of the following things and leave.

1.) If you saw the movie or not.
2.) If you liked it or not.
3.) If you will be seeing it or not.

START OVER....Now. Don't quote me or any of the stuff above my post. Starting over...again..no debates. And if you quote because you think you are witty or funny by going against what I just asked, YOU AREN'T.

------------------
"Ever since I was a boy, I have always kept your laws, now I want to follow you and join you in your noble cause. Jesus turned to him and said, 'Sell all you have give to the poor.' Rich young ruler hung his head, not to follow, walked instead." - Vanishing Lesson

[This message has been edited by SAJN_Master (edited June 26, 2004).]
2004-06-26, 2:03 PM #5
I don't really think it is funny. I think Moore is a disgusting and horrible human being. I'm entitled to my opinion. You wanna debate it?
2004-06-26, 2:07 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PnHobbit:
I don't really think it is funny. I think Moore is a disgusting and horrible human being. I'm entitled to my opinion. You wanna debate it?</font>

gasp! no!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-06-26, 2:09 PM #7
I f***ing hate you. I just said no debates, I said it in my other thread, I said it in this one. I said if you want to continue e-mail me YOU DOLT!

I'm sick and tired of people not listening.

------------------
2004-06-26, 2:10 PM #8
Ok, let me see if I understand. If someone said he thought it wasn't a good movie, you would call it not debating? That makes no since. What are you trying to accomplish? We already know you like the movie. Ok this is what I'm trying to say. If you start a topic that’s controversial it's stupid to get mad at people who don't agree with you. People keep getting mad at me in these forums because of that. If you just want to say that you like some thing, just say that you liked it, and ask that no-one respond. Why you would do this is beyond me.

*Mods: if I'm going over-board just let me know*
2004-06-26, 2:11 PM #9
Well, personaly, I think the reason you want no debate is because you are like every other Moore zealot.
You can spout your crap amongst yourselves, but as soon as someone debates with cold, hard facts you have nothing.

------------------
thar iz no spoon - tha matrex
2004-06-26, 2:13 PM #10
I think he wants everyone to post their opinions while totally ignoring everyone else's.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
2004-06-26, 2:14 PM #11
It's a discussion forum. You might as well just have an admin close the topic if you don't want a debate.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-06-26, 2:14 PM #12
If they say 'I didn't like the film' that's fine if they say 'OMG MOORE IS A COMMUNIST AND HE SUCKS!' that isn't okay. And I don't want a debate because I just want to find out, who liked it, who didn't, who saw it, and who plans on seeing it! NOT BECAUSE I AM TEH MOORE ZELEOTZ~!

STOP THE MOORE BASHING! STOP THE DEBATE! JUST DISCUSS THE WHAT THE TOPIC SAYS TO DISCUSS!!!!!

------------------
2004-06-26, 2:14 PM #13
1.) I saw the movie

2.) I hated to movie. Michael Moore is a raging idiot who should not be making dubya look like a bad guy

3.) I own you

See, your problem SAJN is...once someone has answered no. 2 with a No, the did not like it, you dont want them to defend why they dont like it. Grow up kid

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-26, 2:15 PM #14
Lol now you cussing at us! Dude get a grip. You won't get any where that way. We're doing just what you asked. He stated weather or not he agreed with it just like you asked. I think you just can't handle people dissagreeing with you.
2004-06-26, 2:16 PM #15
Furthermore, I haven't seen the movie and don't plan to, considering my opinion of Moore and what I've heard of the movie being incredibly one-sided.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-06-26, 2:16 PM #16
[Edit: ]
------------------

2004-06-26, 2:17 PM #17
lol, I love the concept of the movie, but SAJN_Master you..just..are a kid. Man you sure are putting a bad name to people who like this movie.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-26, 2:17 PM #18
Suggestion: http://www.blogger.com/

You made a post asking for opinions on a movie (a biased one if I may add). My assumption is that you are solely looking for nice comments about the movie, since anything nasty would cause a debate. If you want to only hear your own opinion, don't post on a public forum where the members have a wide variety of views. Instead, get a blog and moderate the comments yourself. Then, you can hear people agree with your view over and over again and you don't have to worry about becoming open-minded on any issues. Problem solved.

------------------
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2004-06-26, 2:18 PM #19
It is a discussion forum. Even when we have Post your blah threads, where all you are supposed to do is post something..we do it in hopes that someone will make a comment or reply. Hence bringing up a discussion. Now, should I break it down a little bit more, or do you get it kid.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-26, 2:18 PM #20
I swear this is the funniest thread I've seen in a long time. We should save it for postarity. I think I'll e-mail it to all my firends.
2004-06-26, 2:19 PM #21
Here is how the thread should go:

Person 1: I saw the film last night, and I thought it was pretty good.

Person 2: I don't plan on seeing it, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Person 3: I might go see it on VHS or DVD, it looks pretty cool.

Person 4: The film was real good. This documentary was made much better then BFC in my opinion.

Person 5: I saw it, and IMO it wasn't that great.

here is how the thread is going:

Person 1: MIKE MOORE IS A MORON COMMUNIST!

Person 2: ALL HE DOES IT TELL LIES! AND THE MOVIE IS BAD! EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T SEE IT I WONT BECAUSE HE SUCKS!

Person 3: LOL SAJN YOU ARE A KID AND YOU SUCK AND I AM MATURE! BECAUSE I OWN YOU!

Person 4: BASH BASH!

Person 5: DEBATE FLAME!!!

------------------

2004-06-26, 2:19 PM #22
/me thinks it is nap time for the children.

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-26, 2:20 PM #23
Wow, you might as well be the only person posting on this thread.
2004-06-26, 2:20 PM #24
I haven't seen it because I live in England, therefore it'll probably be released next year [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

Even then, I probably won't go because I prefer my movies as entertainment, not educational. That's really what movies are to me: entertainment.

------------------
"This hole is octogo. Ogiganeel. It's Octa.. It's got eight sides."
"He's a dead man! I'm not havin' a dead man in my cemetary!"
2004-06-26, 2:20 PM #25
I'm willing to debate that you have misquoted me.

EDIT: You must be a Moore person. That's his personal style.

[This message has been edited by PnHobbit (edited June 26, 2004).]
2004-06-26, 2:21 PM #26
Debate Debate Debate!

Michael Moore reminds me of a Communist. Commmuniiisttt! Die Commy!

------------------

10/7/85 - 12/9/03

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-06-26, 2:21 PM #27
I disagree.
2004-06-26, 2:22 PM #28
Ubuu, you are not any more mature then me. All you do is bash me, and treat everyone like a piece of crap you jackass. It's people like you that need a clue. You aren't god, you aren't better then anyone else.You aren't cool nor funny. Your a thug, that's all you are. You thrive on bashing others, you don't like the rules so you expect to get away with everything. Shut up Ubuu. Just shut up.

And I am not looking for just NICE THINGS ABOUT MOORE, I just want to know WHO SAW IT! WHO LIKED IT AND WHO DIDNT without all the crap.

------------------
2004-06-26, 2:22 PM #29
Wow, is this a troll convention? Sweet, where'd I put my admin stick...

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-06-26, 2:23 PM #30
We need to make you a forum that only you can post on. Man, your getting more and more illogical as this thread goes on. Let's have a pool to see how long it is before he smashes part of his PC.
Just calm down, mabye walk around the room, and then try to talk to us. You'll be able to think better.

[This message has been edited by Obi_Kwiet (edited June 26, 2004).]
2004-06-26, 2:45 PM #31
Did the site just crash for all you a minit ago too?
2004-06-26, 3:18 PM #32
I'd like to begin by stating that I believe you all to be insane.

I saw Moore on the Daily Show the other night, now, despite what I keep hearing about him, he seemed pretty damned intelligent and knew what was going on. I also stopped reading the other thread, becasue at least 80% of the people on this site have said they'd vote Republican, so OBVIOUSLY you probably won't like the movie. I saw no point in continuing to read it.

Now then, I actually plan to see it at some point. This is one of the few movies released so far this year that has sparked my interest.

No one in the world agrees about EVERYTHING. I think this is something people here don't comprehend AT ALL. You people always argue, but fail completely to see that the other person holds a different opinion and that it is their right to have that opinion. I think Bush is a complete and total moron in terms of the way he has handled this country after 9/11. I didn't like him before, but now I really don't like him. I'm not going to see Bush be bashed, I'm going to see another person's opinion. An opinion that happens to be similar to my own. An opinion that I still might disagree with in places. But that doesn't mean he is wrong. You people fail to realize that.

Enough of this rant.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-26, 3:34 PM #33
I don't like moore or his politics, but I feel that he at least has a right to say what he wants just as much as we have a right to tell him to STFU. It's called freedom of speech, and the sword cuts both ways.

------------------
The University of North Carolina has finally found a network server that, although missing for four years, hasn't missed a packet in all that time. Try as they might, university administrators couldn't find the server. Working with Novell Inc., IT workers tracked it down by meticulously following cable until they literally ran into a wall. The server had been mistakenly sealed behind drywall by maintenance workers.
2004-06-26, 3:47 PM #34
I find it rather humurous that the two people I've seen (one being you SAJN) that have been very open about their appreciation of the film have been VERY hostile toward people who don't like Moore.

*shrugs* Do you feel like you're not part of the in-crowd when more people have a negative opinion of Moore? Just don't bring him up.

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-06-26, 3:49 PM #35
One more deliberately trollish comment on this thread, and I close. Okay?

Unless you say something deliberately trollish becuause you want this thread to be closed... and then- well, I'll be in quite a quandary.

------------------
2004-06-26, 4:00 PM #36
[http://www.jedinights.com/rivin/tink2.jpg]

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2004-06-26, 4:03 PM #37
That's one of hte most frightening pics I have ever seen in my life...
2004-06-26, 4:05 PM #38
...the maturity is astonishing.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!