Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ozzfest 2006, San Bernardino, CA
Ozzfest 2006, San Bernardino, CA
2006-07-10, 11:27 AM #1
So, Saturday was Ozzfest. It was 104F outside when I arrived at Hyundai Pavillion at 3pm. There were a billion and a half people. Anyone who has ever been to Ozzfest (or any large concert) can tell you tales of the debauchery that goes on in the parking lots and lawn section (cheap standing section). I'll skip that, but suffice it to say, there were some sexual acts going on that I will not soon forget.

I won mid-range seats from the local rock radio station (KCAL Rocks).

The show was good. Ozzy can still rock for an old guy. Oddly enough, the best part of the show was Disturbed (yeah, I know, shutup). They're much better live than they are studio recorded. Here is a list of the bands I saw there (red are the bad ones, green the good ones):

Ozzy
Atreyu
Between the Buried and Me
Bad Acid Trip
Black Label Society
Avenged Sevenfold (not spectacular, but they were decent)
Lacuna Coil
Dragonheart
Hatebreed
Bleeding Through
Unearth

System of a Down was there, but I left during their part and went to get something to eat. I really don't care for them at all (go to the bathroom and screw yourself, SAJN).

A brownout occured during Avenged Sevenfold's show. The band left the stage during the outage. This led to much yelling and screaming and titty flashing and trash flinging and pot smoking and general debauchery; a good time was had by all. They came back and business resumed.

[By marking a band green, it doesn't mean they were great or that I even like their music or will buy it, it just means I enjoyed their show and thought they did a good job.]
2006-07-10, 11:33 AM #2
Thanks for the totally un called for bashing. (wrong forum, lawl)
Think while it's still legal.
2006-07-10, 11:54 AM #3
I went to ozzfest a while ago when they were touring as black sabbath. It was pretty cool, but overall I liked ozzie a lot better than the rest of the bands. I went at the gorge in wa, and needless to say, the camping area next to the stadium was absolutely insane the night before and after the show.
2006-07-10, 12:00 PM #4
Yay Lacuna Coil!
2006-07-10, 12:02 PM #5
hate breed are awesome

they make music where you punch people in the back of the head.
2006-07-10, 3:01 PM #6
I saw Disturbed live too, they're actually pretty good.
2006-07-10, 3:08 PM #7
blah atreyu. music for sissies.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-07-10, 6:25 PM #8
Between The Buried And Me kicks ***. Rawr.

↑ Up to the top!