Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ducks!
Ducks!
2006-07-10, 6:21 PM #1
Ok so we have some ducks that live in our pond that I love to feed. there have already been 4 diff. generations as far as the ducks bringing ducks that they've had, growing, hving more ducks etc.

anyways they are a certain Floridian breed of bird. (different coloration on the wings etc, from diff. areas ya know)

anywho so the first pic or so is of the ducks that we feed in the backyard. but just now some white ducks came to the front door! lol when we went to take pix they went into the garage, that's them hiding by my car lol arent they cute!

anywho just wanted to share the pix

:D
Attachment: 13066/Ducks June 10 2006 002.jpg (119,910 bytes)
Attachment: 13067/Ducks June 10 2006 003.jpg (121,574 bytes)
Attachment: 13068/Ducks-July-10-2006-007.jpg (33,790 bytes)
2006-07-10, 6:25 PM #2
Bird Flu! OMG

And it is cute how they're hiding in the corner. Aww
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2006-07-10, 6:29 PM #3
Attachment: 13069/Ducks-July-10-2006-006.jpg (133,775 bytes)
Attachment: 13070/Ducks-July-10-2006-005.jpg (148,696 bytes)
2006-07-10, 6:29 PM #4
Ducks! My favourite birds... :D I just love how they do their wiggly walk with those comical feet. And you've got to love the sounds they make.

I have quite a lot of duck pictures myself. And my girlfriend once made the cutest video of a merry little band of ducklings.

<3 the garage pics.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-10, 6:31 PM #5
quack
2006-07-10, 6:31 PM #6
Is your car turned on?
DISCLAIMER: This is just armchair observation, not the result of many hours of deliberate study of the subject. I'm by no means an expert, but just an ignorant hick who's putting his two cents in. For that and a nickel, you can have a cup of coffee.
2006-07-10, 6:33 PM #7
hehe thanks. the ones in the backyard I kinda consider my own.

the first pic had a mom with her baby ducks (their feathers were still coming in)

right now actually we had a mom who gave birth like the 3rd or 4th and she has even smaller babies,and she comes daily to eat. its so cute cuz they have been the only babies so far to be shy. sometimes they hide under her tush its so cute :D
2006-07-10, 6:34 PM #8
nah my car wasnt on, that was the reflection to the flash in the camera
2006-07-10, 6:38 PM #9
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
Ducks! My favourite birds... :D I just love how they do their wiggly walk with those comical feet. And you've got to love the sounds they make.

I have quite a lot of duck pictures myself. And my girlfriend once made the cutest video of a merry little band of ducklings.

<3 the garage pics.

exactly! they have the cutest wobble. the ones that come to our backyard know us so when they are hungry they either sit and wait in the backyard or come quacking for us, and they let us get fairly close, not completely but to a degree (as you can see the pix of the first ducks are closer)

I dont know where those white ones came from, they literally just showed up at our front door just now lol

but I love when they walk their tushies wobble, its so adorable.

That and the new mama duck, she walks slow for her babies cuz they like to hide under her tush while she walks its so cute :D
2006-07-10, 6:39 PM #10
my girlfriend has a White Chinese Goose, except its nice and young and hasn't gotten that bump on its bill yet
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-07-10, 6:42 PM #11
Originally posted by genk:
my girlfriend has a White Chinese Goose, except its nice and young and hasn't gotten that bump on its bill yet

wow that thing sure is white, almost looks like a swan.

yeah I was so excited to see these white birds because I'm used to the birds in the back. they have pretty eyeliner like eyes, you can see in the first pictures. I love their markings. but the white ducks are always breath taking.

cute how it was 3. huey, louie, and dewey lol
2006-07-10, 6:47 PM #12
You know that ducks are rapists right?

I once read an account of a (male) duck raping another (male) duck that had just died. Very interesting.
2006-07-10, 6:48 PM #13
We've had peacocks in my garage, driveway, and on our roof... it was supremely badass... We've also had ducks land in our pool :P.

Sadly, I lost all my pre-2006 photos (:(), so I can't show 'em... they were so awesome.
2006-07-10, 6:57 PM #14
No one's going to steal from a house guarded by peacocks. No one. Can you imagine the look on a theifs face as a pissed off peacock tries to defend your home, tails flaired, beak wet with blood from the theif's dead accomplice?

My grandparents had wild duck and gease in their pond. I was only six and the big bull goose always chased my grandma around and bit me in the arm and made me bleed so I choked it to death. I was so sad when I realized I killed it :gbk:. The geese didn't come around anymore after that.

The ducks, however, now unterrorized by the geese, would come back and bring friends. My grandparents kept a really big and nice pond for them, even cut the grass and provided food for the ducks. Deer would also roam their property, and were so tame and trusting of my grandparents that they'd come up and eat food out of a basket a few feet from my gram's leg.

The bears also loved their house, but were to shy to get that close. My grand parents would leave a bucket of bad berries in the field for a particularly gigantic brown bear. It kept them out of their garbage, and they preferred the bad berries to the good ones, anyway.

Now they live in Nevada. I miss their old house. It had a home made mud race track that I had my first car roll on when I was eight sittin on my dad's lap. MAN I miss that place.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-07-10, 7:09 PM #15
I had a hilarious video of my brother trying to get them out of the driveway... we had to back the car out, and they were in the way (and quite reluctant to move)... so he chased after one... and so it goes to take off, and it spreads its wings and jumps up... and it has like a 5 foot wingspan, it's quite large, and my brother kinda cringes away from it, it's hilariousssssssssssssssssssssssssssnakesonaplanelololol
2006-07-10, 7:13 PM #16
aww the beginning of that story was sad kirb

but the rest was cute, except the bear part sounded kinda scary. After I saw that documentary on the guy who followed bears and got maimed lol

yeah the ducks (well just 1 in particular) likes to chase after the other ducks and literally gets a hold of their tushes and pulls out feathers!

we call him the evil duck. my sis got him on video actually lol. anyways when I see that it always reminds me how they are wild and at any time they could just turn on us and attack and like peck away

but they havent, they are good ducks. i love em'. and If I cant get a dog, well then they ducks will have to do lol
2006-07-10, 7:17 PM #17
btw we have like 20 ducks come by. its hard to count sometimes, just like 3-5 come but sometimes they allll come, and with them having babies.

like one mom gave birth to 9 once, and they would alwaysss come together. still do, and now they are full grown, the 4 babies in the top pix are almost fully grown now, and they have all their feathers, and now we have the 3 new babies, plus the other adult ones.

so its funny when they all come, I can nearly go through a loaf of bread just feeding them all like that.

but they are cute, they wait their turn, they will see me throw it and go for it

ooo and sometimes they catch the bread in their beaks while the bread is in the air lol
2006-07-10, 7:34 PM #18
Ducks don't give birth.
2006-07-10, 8:30 PM #19
Ducks have big squishy feet!
2006-07-10, 8:35 PM #20
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
Ducks have big squishy feet!

ducks rock!

ducks dont give birth...well I mean lay eggs, but I mean they have babies vinny hehe
2006-07-10, 8:47 PM #21
Attachment: 13077/Darkwing_Duck.jpg (53,682 bytes)
2006-07-10, 8:48 PM #22
Darkwing duck?
2006-07-10, 8:48 PM #23
:psyduck:
2006-07-10, 8:56 PM #24
AFLACK! [/size]
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-07-10, 9:29 PM #25
madQUACK!
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-07-10, 10:33 PM #26
:psyduck:

and
Attachment: 13081/duckhunt.jpg (9,894 bytes)
2006-07-10, 10:35 PM #27
Quackers!

[http://home.austin.rr.com/depti/lb13.JPG]
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-07-10, 11:20 PM #28
This is one of the ducks in the central park of the city where I live. The ducks here are really tame, they'll eat from your hand if you sit still. Often my girlfriend and I are just lying on our backs in the grass, and they get so curious they'll come look what we're doing from very closeby. :D That's how this pic was made by the way.

I'll ask my girlfriend if I can upload the cute duckling video, hehe.

Ducks ROCK! \m/
Attachment: 13082/Duck01.jpg (121,924 bytes)
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2006-07-10, 11:24 PM #29
I guess this is a mallard or something, but the instant I took this pic it turned its head and had this perverse smile

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smokr.jpg]

:O
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-10, 11:28 PM #30
These still aren't the ducks I'm looking for.

Also...

MERGANSERS ARE SUPERIOR

[http://www.bcwetlands.com/merganser.JPG]
Why do the heathens rage behind the firehouse?
2006-07-10, 11:30 PM #31
I don't feed ducks. I blast them with my shotgun then eat them.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-10, 11:51 PM #32
Mmm... Duck.
2006-07-11, 12:29 AM #33
I once lured a duckling close to the pond's edge with corn. Then I landed one right beside him, and once he dove to get it my friend snatched him up. There was one pissed off mother ducker. :psyduck:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2006-07-11, 5:21 AM #34
ducks are a type of landfish.

a fish that goes on land.

and one must constantly strive to keep the most important of ducks close to the heart.

[http://www.spiderfan.org/characters/file_photo/howard_the_duck.jpg]
2006-07-11, 9:03 AM #35
Originally posted by TheCarpKing:
These still aren't the ducks I'm looking for.

Also...

MERGANSERS ARE SUPERIOR

NOT TO THE GOOSE
Attachment: 13089/goose.jpg (97,752 bytes)
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-07-11, 1:07 PM #36
Geese have big squishy feet! :psyduck:
2006-07-11, 3:19 PM #37
I keep misreading the title.
2006-07-11, 3:23 PM #38
QUACK and/or HONK
2006-07-11, 3:27 PM #39
I get hissed at by geese every time I go jogging with my dogs.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2006-07-11, 3:28 PM #40
Geese are so adorable when they hiss at you.

↑ Up to the top!