Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Misery
Misery
2006-07-12, 2:21 PM #1
I just saw this movie based on a Stephen King novel on TV.

I really enjoyed it, the ending kinda fell flat though. I read that Kathy Bates received an Oscar for her part in the movie, and I must say she deserved it. I also noted that the guy who played Buster killed himself in 2000. This saddens me as he was very sympathetic in the movie.

So what are your thoughts on this movie if you've seen it, or the book if you've read it?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-07-12, 2:48 PM #2
Is that the movie Moe jokes about in that one where Homer writes the Flanders Christmas carol?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2006-07-12, 10:47 PM #3
I don't know.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2006-07-12, 11:03 PM #4
Misery is awesome. The hobbling sequence is one of the most gruesome things I've ever seen - the way it just looks like a real injury is horrendous.

Kathy Bates was in indeed excellent in it too.
2006-07-13, 6:03 AM #5
I haven't seen it in so long that I can't remember much more than the sledge hammer scene, which is enough for me to remember how much I enjoyed it.
2006-07-13, 6:14 AM #6
I think it was one of the first Stephen King novels I read in English. I liked it.
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-07-13, 6:49 AM #7
It was a good book. It was also the most depressing book I've ever read. I can't fault Stephen King's writing, but I think I prefer his supernatural books. In the book, she cuts his foot off with a knife instead of just smashing it, and then instantly cauterises the wound. It was painful to read, and I've gotten through Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2006-07-13, 7:34 AM #8
Investigating police officers or freelance meddling would-be-saviours always die in Stephen King's works :)

It's like the classic Star Trek red-shirt thing.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2006-07-13, 7:52 AM #9
[QUOTE=The Last True Evil]It was a good book. It was also the most depressing book I've ever read. I can't fault Stephen King's writing, but I think I prefer his supernatural books. In the book, she cuts his foot off with a knife instead of just smashing it, and then instantly cauterises the wound. It was painful to read, and I've gotten through Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho.[/QUOTE]

American Psycho is also a brilliant read.
2006-07-13, 9:23 AM #10
great book.

want another grusome [sic] SK book?

read gerald's game. that book totally grossed me out.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM

↑ Up to the top!