Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 6 hours of awesome
6 hours of awesome
2006-07-12, 3:14 PM #1
Just finished the Prey single player campaign. Yeah, it was kind of short. But it was AWESOME. The closest I've ever seen to some of these gravity puzzles is the topsy-turvy dungeon in Majora's Mask, but they can't shake a stick at Prey. Not even a little stick. They also flat out said 'we are making a sequel', and I'll probably have to pick that one up. It would be a lot longer if you could actually die...

There aren't that many bosses, but all but one is beaten by solving a puzzle, not just by fighting. That's my favorite kind of boss. I won't spoil it for anyone.

I can't recommend buying the thing for just a six-hour SP game (especially since the multi-play is laggy as F and only comes with DM and team DM) but the 360 version is good for a rental. Only get it for the PC if you don't have a 360 to play the rental on, or you plan on mapping for it - Those gravity effects are going to make for some awesome maps once the mod community gets at it.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-07-12, 3:24 PM #2
6 hours? Wtf? Havent they been working on this for like 6 years? Thats just stupid.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-07-12, 4:20 PM #3
The gravity effects are like the dynamic vectors in serious sam: second encounter right?
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-07-12, 4:28 PM #4
Yeah, SSSE had some awesome gravity effects.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-07-12, 4:31 PM #5
Oh man those were awesome, I still remember the demo level where you scale that huge curved wall with the guys rushing past you, and that team even made a really good coop engine for multiplay in that level.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2006-07-12, 5:55 PM #6
Really 6 hours? I played HL2: Episode 1 and I thought the 5 hours was short.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!