Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Do Not Assume!
Do Not Assume!
2006-07-15, 12:01 AM #1
http://performyourmagic.blogspot.com/2006/03/cool-video-do-not-assume.html

A nice tastefully-done vid.
幻術
2006-07-15, 12:46 AM #2
What an accident-prone street.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-07-15, 8:07 AM #3
:cool:
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-07-15, 11:59 AM #4
I don't like it.

I understand the point of the video, but it just ends up sending the message that intentions are all that matters. I don't buy that. The guy may be helping people, but he's still a jerk.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-07-15, 12:04 PM #5
I agree with Michael, he could have done it all in better ways.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-07-15, 12:06 PM #6
A Finnish ad too, it seems.

It was ok.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-07-15, 1:02 PM #7
yeah, i remember that ad too. I still hate how they destroyed a good and rare honda accord aerodeck in that ad :mad:
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2006-07-15, 1:22 PM #8
I used to disagree with "the ends justify the means" most of the time. Then I watched all five seasons of 24.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-07-15, 2:04 PM #9
The ends always justify the means - that's the single biggest theme throughout history.

I get the impression that the guy was just sick of having conversations like 'Hey, stop! You're about to be hit by a falling TV!' 'Ya right, go **** yourself dick face' *CRASH* 'OMFG MY HEAD OW OW OW!' It's so much easier to just shove the guy.
Wikissassi sucks.
2006-07-15, 4:39 PM #10
Originally posted by Emon:
I used to disagree with "the ends justify the means" most of the time. Then I watched all five seasons of 24.

It's dependent on the means too though.

Originally posted by Isuwen:
The ends always justify the means - that's the single biggest theme throughout history.

I get the impression that the guy was just sick of having conversations like 'Hey, stop! You're about to be hit by a falling TV!' 'Ya right, go **** yourself dick face' *CRASH* 'OMFG MY HEAD OW OW OW!' It's so much easier to just shove the guy.

Yeah, but the first option is so much funnier.
2006-07-16, 4:04 PM #11
The ends don't always justify the means, that's a recurring theme in history too....

You know, the age-old "don't become a monster to fight evil" argument. Don't let the government destroy our freedoms to protect our safety, don't resort to war crimes to destroy a hated enemy, bla bla bla, so on and so on.
2006-07-16, 5:06 PM #12
Originally posted by Isuwen:

I'm not even sure what this statement means.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2006-07-16, 7:40 PM #13
That wasn't Janis Joplin's version of Son of a Preacher Man, it was the original by Dusty Springfield. Misttributed songs annoy me, lol.
2006-07-18, 8:45 AM #14
[QUOTE=Michael MacFarlane]I'm not even sure what this statement means.[/QUOTE]
Aye, but the end justifies it.
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!